InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,286 results
All reviewsroaring forkterrace barfront deskclub roomgreat hotelcapitol buildingheart of downtowncongress avenuewalking distancevalet staffvalet parkingsixth streetmini barspacious rooma great staythe location is perfecti highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great location. Great service. Well kept. Good workout room. Does not feel as old as the property is. Wish internet was free in room. Wanted to sit on the porch but too much construction going on during the days we were there. Nice touches like cold water in the lobby. It's the simple things that go a long way.

Room Tip: rooms are small - but have what you need.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you so much for that very nice survey!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here two nights and found the service to be great, from providing umbrellas, to help in the business center and to taking care of a request for the room. Good location on 7th Street and Congress, within walking distance of most of downtown. Our room was large and comfy, no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for taking time to complete this survey! We are so pleased that you enjoyed our property, and Austin. Please do come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Checked in on a very busy Friday and as Platinum members we were placed on the club level which was very nice. The hotel has been recently renovated and is beautifully decorated throughout as well as historic. The room was very small with a queen bed but beautiful decor, colors and furniture and the tiny bathroom was very nice. I understand that these historic hotels can be small but love them for their charm. The location is perfect to walk all over downtown. After a fun evening and dinner out we finally returned and went to bed late. When I first laid on the bed I couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was and it was caving to the middle and I am small! The bed at the Intercontinental in Montreal last summer was heavenly! Then to further disrupt a good nights sleep, were the loud slamming doors as guests entered and exited their rooms - the walls were shaking and it started again before 7am in the morning. This class of hotel needs to address some way for the heavy doors not to slam shut instead of a softer close and if the gap under the doors was not quite so big that would help with noise control - I even put a towel down there at night. I am always skeptical when I read such mixed good and bad reviews of the same hotel but feel the need to be honest. I went back and checked and see very few mentions of the beds in any of the reviews - good or bad. Hopefully it was a random incident. The front desk promised to check it out and did comp my parking fee.

1  Thank nowpacking

We so appreciate you taking time to post a survey from your recent stay with us. I do want to apologize for what sounds like a frustrating night's rest. I have shared your comments and we are actively looking into your issues. I do hope we are able to welcome you back one day soon, this time for a more restful night's sleep! Thank you again.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed 1 night in October, Plat Ambr Member and they treat you fantastically (I wish all Intercontinental Hotels were like this). Traveled for Business. Friendly Faces from the minute the valet helps you with your bags and vehicle. Great check in, greeted by name. The hotel is very clean, very well decorated, and the lobby has a nice busy, but comfortable feel. Room was excellent, large with high quality materials. I used the exercise facilities downstairs and they were very clean with plenty of machines and equipment. Ate at the Roaring Fork, connected to Lobby and the food was excellent without being expensive. Had a drink upstairs on the 2nd floor bar, it has a great wrap around balcony overlooking Congress St and 7th. 2 block walk to the heart of 6th street music scene. Had a great in room breakfast- get the eggs benedict. Every time you pick up the phone in the room to ask any questions, directions or about the facilities you are greeted by name and that is a very nice touch. I'm hoping I need to come back to Austin very soon, and I will be staying here again!!!

Room Tip: High Floors are very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your very kind comments! We take great pride in our guest services; I'm pleased to know we did not let you down! We certainly look forward to the next time you are in Austin, and hope we are able to host you at that time! In the meantime, I hope that you have the opportunity to stay or dine at our sister property, the InterContinental Buckhead, there in Atlanta. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great team here. They take great care of you and are more than willing to go out of their way to ensure your stay is great.

Tammie Linden and the team at the front desk were very helpful in any request i ad from forgetting my tooth brush and replacing it, to helping me get to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hello and thank you so much for the very kind words. We take great pride not only in our beautiful and historic hotel, but also in our incredible staff, including Tammie who truly delivers that great guest service that we strive for. I will be sure to share your comments with her as well as with her supervisor. Thank you again!