“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Andover, Massachusetts
“Great location”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Wonderful large rooms with great furnishings. Location is near all the major attractions . The have very good breakfasts. The concierges are very helpful. When you walk thru the lobby they remember your name. Restaurants are within walking distance . Superior restaurant recommendations .

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hello and thank you for that wonderful comment! See you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I hadn’t stayed at the SFA in many years (probably 10). The hotel has done a great job remodeling the front lobby and their rooms. The rooms are still large and spacious. Unfortunately, I was given a room next to the elevator and I could hear it go up and down most of the night.

The restaurant is Roaring Fork which I’ve also patron for ten years. It continues to serve great food. I also ordered room service, which was excellent and prompt.

The SFA is located on 7th Street, which is great location. I’ve stated at the Driskill on 6th street and while the Driskill is nicer, being located on 6th Street is loud, especially on Thursday night.

Overall, SFA is a fine hotel which a reasonable rate. Its location is perfect for downtown restaurants or for visiting the Capitol.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
What a wonderful review, thank you! I do apologize however, for the elevator noise; I can imagine how frustrating that must have been for you and I am so sorry. We will do our very best to not let that happen again on your next stay with us! Thank you again, and hope to see you again soon.
Victoria
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for a conference in Austin. From the moment I walked in to the moment I checked out, every member of the staff that I encountered was sincerely welcoming and helpful, particularly the friendly doormen and desk staff. The hotel is older and appears to be newly renovated, but the heritage charm is intact. Some of the artifacts of the older building are smaller rooms and some noise from the hallways and elevator. However, I slept soundly and comfortably every night. I had a great dinner in the hotel bar. Really, it's the outstanding staff that made this a 5 star stay for me and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room a distance from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to write this wonderful review and for pinpointing the great guest service you received. We are so pleased you chose the InterContinental for your stay, and do sincerely hope we can welcome you back in the very near future.
Austin
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

The Stephen F. Austin is a beautiful hotel with great service from the front desk all the way into the bar. The food is good and service is impeccable. Brandy is amazing. She's always with a smile and remembers my drink : ) See you soon Brandy!!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
We are so lucky to have the best bar ever! Thank you for sharing your great comments, and for pointing out how wonderful Brandy is; we think so too! Take care and hope to see you soon!
Boston
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had reserved a room for one night on our recent vacation. the valet service were very friendly and took great care of us. We went inside to check in and the experience was a little different and almost cold. We were not welcomed as a Priority Club member which is not that big of a deal but we were not welcomed really as regular guest either. It pretty much was just here is your room key.

The rooms were very clean and the hotel is in a great location for our needs. We were almost charge a mini bar fee due to us using the "personal" section of the refrigerator and one of the cans in the mini bar got moved. They have electronic sensors inside that charge you if anything is disturbed.

The front desk were a little more friendly on the check out part of our stay. And the valet were great, same as when we checked in and gave us a few tips to avoid traffic. With the price we paid, I would have figured that the greetings front some of the staff would have been a little more friendly. We are not picky people either!! Maybe the Valet staff should run the front desk?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Hello and thank you for taking time to share your comments. I do sincerely apologize for the "less than welcome" feeling you received upon arrival. That is certainly not the norm for us, and I assure you, will be looked into for correction. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction, and anything less than that is quite simply, unacceptable. So, again, thank you. We appreciate your remarks, and hope we can welcome you back one day soon!
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Very overpriced. We decided to try here as someplace new over the Four Seasons for our anniversary and it was a huge mistake. After paying $450 for a small room
With a queen bed, they charge you 6.50 for water, $12 for wifi, and $30 to park. The bed was hugely uncomfortable and the room was very loud. We asked the concierge for help with tickets and directions and she could not help with either. When asking for ticket info for a show, she said just show up before the show and buy them. The show was sold out. We decide to try the restaurant and the host told us a 15 minute wait, then 30 minutes, and then proceeded to set two young girls who arrived after us while we looked for a place at the bar. Will not return to either.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking time to share your comments. I am so sorry our property did not meet you expectations, and am particularly dissapointed that our Concierge services were not acceptable. It is not the norm for us, and I do sincerely apologize. Thank you again and take care.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I called ahead to make sure my wife's 40th would be special. Was given the star treatment. Upon check in, this was not the case, but a quick call, and I was upgraded. They brought champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and made everything right. I will return, and have recommended this hotel several times.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for chosing the InterContinental to celebrate your wife's birthday! I truly hope that we were able to contribute to the memories of such a special occassion, and look forward to the next celebration!