We were in Austin, the end of Jan, visiting our two daughters and son-in-law. We love this hotel!!! We arrived on a Thursday night and schools closed the next day, b/c of freezing rain and ice. We were very happy and warm, in our wonderful, upgraded suite, on the top floor!!!! It was fabulous!!! We did make it to Violet Crown (awesome movie theater, if you have never been there) and then our kids all met us for dinner at the hotel's Roaring Fork. We had the greatest waiter, from New Orleans, who moved there, after Katrina. Since we are from Louisiana, we had a tender spot for him!!! He was excellent and all of our food was delicious. We have eaten at Roaring Fork in Scottsdale and it is always good. Their pork is too die for. My daughter had a steak, that she said was the best she has ever had. Every employee is incredibly warm, friendly and accomodating. If I had to make one negative comment, it would be that our room was behind the elevator and the whirring noise did bother us. We managed, by using ear plugs, but next time I would probably ask for a different room location, even though I would hate to give up that suite!!!! We also missed sitting out on the terrace bar, due to the cold weather, so will definitely stay there again, the next time we are in town!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Keeping it weird in style ever since we opened in 1924, thanks to the people of Austin who funded our construction! When we opened we were the tallest building in Austin at 10 stories tall. We have gotten a little taller, 15 stories currently, but the city has grown up around us over the years making us a hidden gem in the heart of downtown. We are located 1 block from 6th street, 3 blocks from the Capitol and walking distance to all the activities that make Austin the amazing city that it is. If you are looking for the true experience of Texas and Austin book a room with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Stephen F. Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Stephen f. Austin Hotel Austin
- Intercontinental Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Texas