“Great Bar”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Great Bar”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We didn't stay at the hotel but stopped by the bar to have a drink before attending a performance at the Paramount. What a smart move! We sat at the bar, although I must say that sitting anywhere in Stephen F. (or outside) would be a good choice. Our mixologist was Anthony who provided great service and made us feel right at home. Although we only stayed a short time, we have it on our list to come back next time we are downtown. Thanks to Anthony and the staff of Stephen F!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
It's always nice to have a fellow Austinite sing our praises, thank you so much! And you're absolutely right, Anthony is just the best there is and is a great ambassador for the InterContinental (and Austin)! Hope to see you again, particularly when the weather warms a bit and you can sit on the balcony of Stephen F's to do some serious people-watching! Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Ohio, Illinois
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Our business meeting for the month was held in Austin so I asked my wife to book me in a good but not so expensive hotel. She found me this hotel named the InterContinental Stephen F. Austin. I was barely inside the hotel during my trip but I always like going home every night at this hotel. Its rooms are relaxing enough to calm my nerves and other work related stress.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarryMrarion
Hello and thanks for that wonderful review. Business trips can be stressful and not-so-much fun; I'm glad we were able to make you feel at home, and stress-free! Take care and hope to see you again soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My company hosted a small leadership meeting recently. Everything from the planning of the meeting to the execution of the event was excellent. The customer service of the team was superior from the valet to the front desk to the meeting staff to the bar staff. The hotel is beautiful and in a great location... what more can you ask for? We will definitely host another event at this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hi Sharon from Dallas! Thank you for that glowing review. We honestly do try and figure out how to be everything for every guest, beginning the moment you step out of your car, and I'm so glad we met your expectations. I know you were here for business, but Austin is a great city for a fun weekend trip too! Lots of fun venues, all within walking distance. Come back soon!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We didn't stay at this hotel, but stopped at the bar after running the half marathon and got great service from bartender Anthony out on the beautiful balcony. The food was perfectly prepared and Anthony made certain that the kitchen split the dishes my friend and I were sharing. We each found a beer we enjoyed after several tasters of the tap selections and ended the experience with a 'not-too-chocolately' chocolate dessert.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
You'll see Anthony's name pop up pretty often in these surveys; he's just the best and we feel really lucky to have him on our team. Thank you for mentioning him specifically for the nice comments about Stephen F's Bar & Terrace, and hope to see you again the next time you're in our area. Thanks and take care.
Oakwood, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at many Intercontinental Hotels and I'm a Ambassador Member. I'll start with the negatives and finish with the positives.
Negatives: The room didn't cool as much as I wanted it to, bed wasn't very comfortable, bathroom needed an upgrade for sure. After taxes, fees, and parking I paid about $425.00 a night, which was absolutely outrageous to me. I feel as an Ambassador Member I should've gotten my parking validated at least. The wifi wouldn't work. The Terrace Bar service was terrible and staff was rude. They weren't even that busy. The day we left, the bell guy got the wrong room number and we waited 20 minutes for him to show up to carry our luggage downstairs. We asked him about a specific BBQ place that's rated #1 in Austin and he had no idea what I was talking about. That wasn't a big deal, I just found it strange.
Positives: The Valet guys are absolutely fantastic and I tipped them very well! They were informative, nice, happy, awesome guys. Top Notch in my book. Front Desk Staff was nice. Amenities were great. The Roaring Fork Restaurant (hopefully that's the name) was great. Service there was fantastic, their bartender was informative, and talkative and just a sweet lady! She told me about some great Art Gallas and other festivities that were happening in ATX over the weekend.
I feel this hotel is located in the perfect spot for Downtown Austin, but I've also stayed at The Driskell and Four Seasons and for the price I paid I could've stayed at one of those hotels with a better view and slept more comfortably.
I will give 3 1/2 to 4 Stars and that's mostly earned by the Valet Guys. Good Job Guys.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Hello Melimae065 and greetings from Austin! I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It's not easy hearing that a guest was not pleased with our accommodations, however we do understand that only through guest feedback that we're able to provide service worthy of our AAA Four Diamond designation. With that being said, I would like to ask that you reach out to the hotel directly, as I would like to discuss your comments with your personally. Again, my thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I can't thank the hotel staff and Liz Young enough for our wonderful experience at the hotel during our wedding weekend. The hotel is gorgeous, and the hotel bar is the perfect spot for before and after the events to continue hanging out with everybody. All of our friends and family commented on how both the service at the hotel and the atmosphere was awesome! We couldn't be happier and although we live in Austin- we will definitely be back for some downtown get away nights!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi RobynB and on behalf of the InterContinental Stephen F Austin Hotel, thank you! You're right, Liz is just outstanding and makes our guests, particularly our brides, feel comfortable knowing she's got things in control. And yes, we take great pride in our staff and location, so please do make arrangements to "get away" one evening to join us in Stephen F's for a drink or some delish treats on the menu. We'd love to see you again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I was in Austin for a girl's weekend at the end of January; the Intercontinental was the perfect choice. Walking distance to the bars/restaurants on 6th Street and lots of area attractions (the Capitol/UT campus, etc). The room was a little small, but perfectly fine for two people and the front desk/concierge staff were nothing but accommodating. Overall, a really good value and a fantastic location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Isn't Austin just be best city ever for a Girlie Weekend? It sounds like you were able to take in some of our sites and music venues. We are so pleased to have hosted you, Lindsayow, and the next time you feel like taking a break from the Big Apple, know that Texas is ready and waiting for you!

Thank you for your business!