Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$112
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Hyatt Regency Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$181
US$171
Hotel Ella(Austin)
US$220
US$206
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

US$121
La Quinta
Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$127
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$233
US$223
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$114
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Holiday Inn Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$143
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$161
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

1,365 results
All reviewsroaring forkterrace barfront deskclub roomgreat hotelheart of downtowncapitol buildingcongress avenuewalking distancefavorite hotelmini barvalet staffvalet parkingsixth streetthe location is perfectbed was very comfortablebusiness trip
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This place is more like atmosphere of Texans than the usual Intercontinental. The staff is more like succinct. Maybe because of my mother tongue which is not English, they were of a few words. However, anyhow it never means they were not kind, rather they were more straightforward and seemed proving them by their action. Before my stay, I received a couple of phone calls from the hotel because I made two different reservations for days. After brief conversation, they answered with “I will see what we can do for you.” and they proved it as follows.

1. Upon check-in, I was offered a corner view room facing the State Capitol which seems to be one of ‘good ‘rooms.

2. For some reasons, they missed my newspaper request for some reason at the second day. Then, with their apologies, they sent me all available newspapers.

3. Rather than enumerating a series of membership privileges available in this property, they readily prepared welcome stuffs in the second day of stay.
I think some of potential visitors might worry about the condition of the hotel. The Intercontinental Stephan F. Austin somehow is a bit old but well-renovated inside. For example, low-ceiling corridor and wood cab elevators show a hint of a timeless classic. In sum, the hotel is well-renovated without losing its character as well as its best location in Austin for business or tourism.

Now I live in Texas, and because of my occupation I visit Austin quite often. I will stick with the Intercontinental Austin when I need a stay in Austin because the place is proven optimum to me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Greetings OneQC, from the InterContinental! We are humbled by your exceptional review, thank you! Now that you are a fellow Texan, we hope to see you often! Take care.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Stephan F Austin Hotel gets it right. This is a perfectly situated and easy to find downtown location, high quality accommodations which are as clean as clean can be, and best of all they employ an extremely well trained professional staff who know how to be helpful, are totally at your service, they personally recognize you by name, but are not intrusive. After a long day's work I was a bit tired so I ordered room service tonight, which was a big debate on its own because of the terrific Roaring Fork restaurant off the lobby which served last night's delicious dinner of cedar plank salmon. Dinner was delicious, hot and just as advertised. The person I spoke to, Tammy from Louisiana, was as qualified and friendly as could be imagined. Her demeanor and communication skills made me feel, for a fleeting 60 seconds, like I was President of the United States, or maybe his brother. She needs a promotion to something big and a raise. I'll hire her for my company if they don't promote her by the end of this week. This place is not just a hotel, it is an experience. And all that is the truth.

Room Tip: try a high floor for the views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael L
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Now THAT's a great review, thank you! And you're right, Tammie is great and has a gift of making not only each guest feel special, but also her co-workers. Thank you for mentioning her specifically. And thank you too, for allowing us to host you. I do hope we are able to welcome you back very soon. Take care.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Booked a club level room at a very high price, but service just didn't match.

Club level rooms include "breakfast" - but only the breakfast buffet which is anything but lavish. A few pastries, a bit of fruit. Some scrambled eggs. No toast. No omelets. The buffet lists for $18, hot food cooked to order lists for $12 - $14 but you can't substitute.

WiFi was out at the hotel for the first two days of the stay. Complaints to the front desk were met with "my computer is working", you probably don't know how to set up. My 100+ hotel nights per night would no' convince them that I actually know how to connect to hotel WiFi. Nor would the fact that none of my electronics (iPhone, IPad and Windows PC) could connect. Staff asked if they could "show me how" to connect", when I handed them my phone they asked "how do you launch a browser on this thing". Huh? WiFi did finally work the third day - and only then did they confess there was a problem.

Room was basic but nice. Servicing of the rooms happened early in the day (for which I'm thankful) but was sort of "service lite" amenities were not refreshed leaving us to ration shampoo through a second day. At the price you don't expect these problems.

Finally, our room backs up to the elevators which run through the night and are not at all quiet.

Room Tip: I guess the obvious - stay away from the very loud elevators. Don't bother with the breakfast package - just order off the menu - you'll have a much larger selection and save money too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jondf

Hello and thank you for taking time to provide feedback from your recent stay. I do apologize for the issues you experienced, and would be more than happy to discuss. Please feel free to contact the hotel at your convenience and I will set aside time for you.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed at the Stephen F Austin Interconrinental Hotel for a conference in October of 2013. In general, the staff was very accomodating to my needs. And I will not stay anywhere else when I come back to Austin, which I can't wait for because the city is amzing. There were two standouts that I feel I have to mention as far as the staff goes. First let me tell you that I am a funeral director by trade and my expectations of customer service are rather high. That said, I always feel that mistakes happen and we should not be judged by them but how well we handle and fix those mistakes. There were some things during my stay that were less than desirable. However two people that work the front desk that saved the day. Tammie Linden was the first. Let me just say that she is the epitome of customer service. She did not try to pass the blame onto another coworker, she apologized and asked how I wanted the problem fixed, which she did quickly. After that she constantly made sure that everything else was that happened during my stay was living up to my expectations. That girl works tirelessly and should be compensated properly. She is the main reason I shall return to your hotel. The other person I would like to mention is Ferhat Turan. After finding out of my problems with the hotel from Tammie, Ferhat also kept checking with me to ensure that everything was going the way it should. He also sent a complimentary basket up to my room, which I appreciated greatly. He also made sure that problems I had with the hotel were fixed as well. Both of these staff members were obviously trained at a 5 star hotel and helped make my experience at the Intercontinenal incredible. Tammie and Ferhat, thank you both so much.I hope to visit with you again soon. Please forgive me for taking so long to write this review.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hello Sean A. from Baltimore! What nice comments, thank you so much! I have to say, we have many, many great staff here, but you mentioned two of the "stars", Tammie and Ferhat. We're lucky to have folks like them on our team. We're so happy that you chose the InterContinental, and we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you venture out of Baltimore and back towards Austin! Take care.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Newly redecorated. Comfortable beds. Extremely clean. Nice workout room. Close to everything. The highlight is the staff. Everyone, from the people at the door (pleasantly offering to give directions) to the desk (friendly, professional, helpful) helped make our stay a lovely long weekend.

There was a slight miscommunication prior to check-in, but I rate a place on how they react to inevitable minor mistakes, not only on mistake-avoidance. Issa Hafeez, the front desk manager, addressed our minor issue with such forethought and professionalism and in a way that made us really feel valued as guests. Thank you! We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for that wonderful, 5 Star review! I hope Austin proved to be a welcome (and hopefully warmer) respite from chilly but beautiful Chicago! Come back and see us soon!