“Delightful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Delightful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I just returned from a two night stay at the this hotel and it was delightful! The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable but the staff was simply amazing! Every question answered expertly, help gladly given and any needs responded to immediately. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
We're thrilled that you're thrilled, Ellen! Thank you for that wonderful review and recommendation, and please do come see us again real soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
The Woodlands, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have stayed at the SFA hotel three times during the ATX Television Festival each year in June. It is an older hotel that has been refurbished, the beds are excellent, the food is good and the staff is amazing. Everyone from the valets to housekeeping do everything they can to make your stay comfortable and it took most of them only a few hours to greet us by name and ask if there is anything we needed. The location is perfect even if you don't have a car-- the capitol is two blocks away, 6th street is one block away, great restaurants nearby, and the "bat bridge" is in walking distance. Also Austin has ZIP cars & Uber if you want to head to South Congress and the food trailers. The hotel's bar- Stephen F and restaurant- Roaring Fork are also very good.

Room Tip: We've stayed in several rooms and haven't been disappointed yet-- although at busy times the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for that great feedback, and for your continued business, year after year! We're so pleased to meet your expectations each time. Take care.
Ville Platte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel to outstanding service from valet parking to registration to excellent breakfast service! Clean, comfortable bedroom, marvelous bathroom ...what more can I say! Well, the 2nd floor Terrace Bar was wonderful! Great views and great drinks and great service! Gotta love it!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thanks for that great review! Always nice to know how we're doing, and we're thrilled to have made your stay so special. Hope to see you again real soon!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was here working with a film crew for a movie. Because of some bad luck, I had a limited amount of time to make a ridiculous amount of copies for the crew. I asked the front desk where I could make copies and they said the business center, however when I arrived back there, it was broken. Tammie came to my rescue right away and offered to print my copies for me. She saved the day, and was so extremely sweet! Even though I'm sure she had many guests to take care of, she still took the time to help me. Tammie Linden IS customer service, I can't compliment her enough, thank you Tammie!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you Learda, for the great feedback. You're right, Tammie is wonderful; I'll make sure she see's your comments!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Hotel had been recently renovated, lobby was lovely. Ballrooms where our conference was held were very nice. Great bar with outside deck overlooking downtown Austin.

We were upgraded to a nice big room on the top floor of the hotel. Decor seemed freshly updated. Really a junior suite even though it wasn’t called that. Nice city view (but not the premiere view of the State Capitol that was on the opposite side of the building). The room was an open concept with very large marble foyer, big closet, sitting area large enough for full size sofa, comfortable wing chair and a corner workspace with desk and chair. Fridge had a sensor for mini-bar items but they leave a small space for a few personal items which I’ve never seen a hotel do in that type of fridge. Coffee maker was the K-cup style with the pods replenished for free. Good size marble bathroom with seated vanity area but the standard shower/tub combo and the toilet was not in a private water closet.

From reviews I had read this hotel is known for its exceptional service and they did not disappoint. Excellent service even days prior to check-in when I phoned with a few questions.

The bellman was very professional, didn’t just dump the bags but showed me around the room and then went to fill my ice bucket. I never saw the housekeeper but room was made up in a timely manner every day and she left me extra K-cups each day after I requested that the first day, plus we received nightly turndown service with robes laid out, a small mint and a sweet note card with a bit of Austin history.

Parking is valet only and expensive but we were able to find a reasonably priced garage a few blocks away. Other than that nothing to complain about except the very small complaint that we never received the promised daily newspaper (even after the front desk confirmed which paper I preferred to get).

We loved this hotel and in fact we are returning to Austin in a few months and wouldn’t stay anywhere else! In fact I decided to become an IHG Ambassador member based on our great experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello from the InterContinental! And thanks so much for providing that great feedback from your recent stay with us. You mentioned a couple of things that we are very proud of, our great guest service and a wonderful property! We so appreciate you taking time to share, and are looking forward to hosting you again very soon. Take care.
Snyder, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was there for an event, I didn't have a room. I parked my car there daily since it was the host hotel. The valet provided excellent service! Not staying there & yet was treated exceptionally well! I always appreciate great service!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hi Trackerem, and thanks for that email. Our valet team is the best there is, and as you said, doesn't even matter if you're staying with us, they're just top notch. Thank you so much for the shout out!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Can't say enough about the level of service from all the staff at this hotel when visiting at part of the ATX festival. The concierge was wonderful and suggested the perfect location to go shopping. Needless to say we contributed to the Austin economy! The room was beautiful with incredible extras like the remote lights convenient power outlets on the night stand. We're already booking for next year and bringing others. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Lynn, thank you so very much for that great 5 Star review and recommendation! We're already looking forward to seeing you again next year!