“Great Location”

InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
Ranked #12 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Spent the weekend at the Intercontinental in Austin. Staff from the Valets to the Desk Clerks were very friendly and provided great service. Regular king bed room was smaller than usual but extremely nice. Hotel is located just one block from great food, drinks and live music in Austin. Gym and terrace lounge were also very nice. Recommend for anyone visiting Austin.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hello Miami M from the InterContinental in Austin! So glad to have hosted you recently, and sure appreciate those nice comments. Thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

From the minute you walk into the beautifully decorated lobby, you know you are truly welcome by every staff member you encounter. From the valet, to the door and from the front desk, to the bar, you will be made to feel like they are glad you are there.

I had made a mistake with checkin dates when I booked my room through Expedia so I had to call them to rectify it. But I didn't have to deal with it on my own... Jamiliah, Guest Service Agent, at the hotel worked with Expedia to resolve my problem! Now that's what I call going above and beyond the call of duty. From that point, she became a friendly face I was always glad to see. I could count on her for directions, restaurant and activities suggestions, and many other Austin-specific recommendations. All hotels should have service this friendly! They are lucky to have Jamiliah and the rest of their attentive staff.

The room was perfect. Bed was the most comfortable I've had, mini bar nicely stocked, spacious open area, big, clean bathroom, remote lighting control, FAST wi-fi, and attentive room service (I asked for extra sugar for my coffee on day 1 and she kept doing so throughout my stay). If coffee is all you're going to have though, I do recommend having the complimentary coffee (or tea) in the lobby. It's good stuff and there's real cream or milk.

This was the second time I stay at the InterContinental Stephen F. Austin but it certainly won't be the last. Keep up the great work!!

Room Tip: If you rely on wifi, be sure to say so upon checkin. Most hotels know their 'weak spots.' Th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you Felix J, for that great 5 Star survey, and for your continued business! We love that you love and recommend us! Hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I just returned from a two night stay at the this hotel and it was delightful! The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable but the staff was simply amazing! Every question answered expertly, help gladly given and any needs responded to immediately. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We're thrilled that you're thrilled, Ellen! Thank you for that wonderful review and recommendation, and please do come see us again real soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have stayed at the SFA hotel three times during the ATX Television Festival each year in June. It is an older hotel that has been refurbished, the beds are excellent, the food is good and the staff is amazing. Everyone from the valets to housekeeping do everything they can to make your stay comfortable and it took most of them only a few hours to greet us by name and ask if there is anything we needed. The location is perfect even if you don't have a car-- the capitol is two blocks away, 6th street is one block away, great restaurants nearby, and the "bat bridge" is in walking distance. Also Austin has ZIP cars & Uber if you want to head to South Congress and the food trailers. The hotel's bar- Stephen F and restaurant- Roaring Fork are also very good.

Room Tip: We've stayed in several rooms and haven't been disappointed yet-- although at busy times the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for that great feedback, and for your continued business, year after year! We're so pleased to meet your expectations each time. Take care.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Arrived at the hotel to outstanding service from valet parking to registration to excellent breakfast service! Clean, comfortable bedroom, marvelous bathroom ...what more can I say! Well, the 2nd floor Terrace Bar was wonderful! Great views and great drinks and great service! Gotta love it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thanks for that great review! Always nice to know how we're doing, and we're thrilled to have made your stay so special. Hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was here working with a film crew for a movie. Because of some bad luck, I had a limited amount of time to make a ridiculous amount of copies for the crew. I asked the front desk where I could make copies and they said the business center, however when I arrived back there, it was broken. Tammie came to my rescue right away and offered to print my copies for me. She saved the day, and was so extremely sweet! Even though I'm sure she had many guests to take care of, she still took the time to help me. Tammie Linden IS customer service, I can't compliment her enough, thank you Tammie!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you Learda, for the great feedback. You're right, Tammie is wonderful; I'll make sure she see's your comments!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Hotel had been recently renovated, lobby was lovely. Ballrooms where our conference was held were very nice. Great bar with outside deck overlooking downtown Austin.

We were upgraded to a nice big room on the top floor of the hotel. Decor seemed freshly updated. Really a junior suite even though it wasn’t called that. Nice city view (but not the premiere view of the State Capitol that was on the opposite side of the building). The room was an open concept with very large marble foyer, big closet, sitting area large enough for full size sofa, comfortable wing chair and a corner workspace with desk and chair. Fridge had a sensor for mini-bar items but they leave a small space for a few personal items which I’ve never seen a hotel do in that type of fridge. Coffee maker was the K-cup style with the pods replenished for free. Good size marble bathroom with seated vanity area but the standard shower/tub combo and the toilet was not in a private water closet.

From reviews I had read this hotel is known for its exceptional service and they did not disappoint. Excellent service even days prior to check-in when I phoned with a few questions.

The bellman was very professional, didn’t just dump the bags but showed me around the room and then went to fill my ice bucket. I never saw the housekeeper but room was made up in a timely manner every day and she left me extra K-cups each day after I requested that the first day, plus we received nightly turndown service with robes laid out, a small mint and a sweet note card with a bit of Austin history.

Parking is valet only and expensive but we were able to find a reasonably priced garage a few blocks away. Other than that nothing to complain about except the very small complaint that we never received the promised daily newspaper (even after the front desk confirmed which paper I preferred to get).

We loved this hotel and in fact we are returning to Austin in a few months and wouldn’t stay anywhere else! In fact I decided to become an IHG Ambassador member based on our great experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hello from the InterContinental! And thanks so much for providing that great feedback from your recent stay with us. You mentioned a couple of things that we are very proud of, our great guest service and a wonderful property! We so appreciate you taking time to share, and are looking forward to hosting you again very soon. Take care.