The valet staff was excellent and even set my luggage up in my room. The restuarant "Roaring Fork" that is connected to the building is an added plus but the hotel actually has it own restaurant too. The bar on the second floor is nice as it is connected to a balcony/patio that raps around the entire length of the hotel on Congress and 7th streets (lots of room). It's nice to go sit on the patio and people watch (because you are looking down on everything and your above all the bustle) and relax at the end of the day.
The hotel is beautiful. It's an old building from the 1920's and has been restored recently. My room was gorgeous. Great location downtown in Austin (walking distance to the Capital and 6th Street).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Keeping it weird in style ever since we opened in 1924, thanks to the people of Austin who funded our construction! When we opened we were the tallest building in Austin at 10 stories tall. We have gotten a little taller, 15 stories currently, but the city has grown up around us over the years making us a hidden gem in the heart of downtown. We are located 1 block from 6th street, 3 blocks from the Capitol and walking distance to all the activities that make Austin the amazing city that it is. If you are looking for the true experience of Texas and Austin book a room with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Stephen F. Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Stephen f. Austin Hotel Austin
- Intercontinental Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Texas