“I use to love Extended stay Hotels”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South
Ranked #178 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 29 October 2013

If You suffer from Migraines like I do or have a Pet be careful which room You get Ours is on the Highways its so Loud My head hurts constantly and I cant think . Due to size would not recommend to People with Children are Large pets .Internet is very Poor . If You've stayed at a Extended stay before this is Not what Your exception its Remodeled and Taken over from another Hotel . The rooms are Micro Small and We have the Bigger room which there are maybe 6 of on the Entire Property and You will pay more money than several of the other Locations with good locations and nice sized rooms With Pools and better Amenities by far. Our room has a strange Odor I wouldn't really say bad but strange . Did I mention the Massive noise from the Traffic? The furnishings are Handsome but Couch and bed hard as a Rock . I would like to add However for those space , Noise and Amenities are not a Concern That this property is recently renovated and the Staff is Very nice and Professional.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a pretty good value. The front counter staff are nice and the cleaning crew are very professional, smiley, and never stole anything (which is always my concern being from the east coast). The only negative marks re the quality of the TV programming (I know, boo hoo) and the lack of a dishwasher and sink disposal which eliminated any desire to cook as a bachelor.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The cost is low, but do not expect services like cleaning, room service, etc. Even internet access is just basic and does not allow any videoconference, for example. Siverware is basic - did't have a cork screw for example. The bathroom door is not well positioned so that, when it is open, it is in your way from the bed to the kitchen.

Room Tip: Actually I haven't seen any fitness center or restaurant.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Luiz Claudio A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Luiz - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. At this time, our property does not have a restaurant but instead offers rooms with fully equipped kitchens and our grab-and-go breakfast each morning in the lobby. All of our kitchens include some amenities for guests to use; however, cork screws can be found at the front desk upon request. As well, we do offer complimentary WiFi in all of our rooms with an option to purchase faster bandwith for a small fee. I will work with the staff to ensure this is communicated better at check-in.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at bur@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have stayed at several Extended Stay hotels and this one, pretty much sucked. We had cockroaches in our room 3 separate times. The air conditioner smelled poorly, the internet went out frequently, and the room was very tiny with no dishwasher, no dvd player, a curtain for a closet door, and hotel room keys that would stop working every few days no matter how far away we kept them from credit cards and cell phones. Front desk staff was polite which is the only reason I'm not giving this hotel just one star.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BroncosMom
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the insects, free WiFi, and room keys is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. We will be taking your issues regarding the WiFi to our internet provider so that they can check the internet signal for our hotel. If you do not mind contacting me and providing your room number, we will have the room checked for insects as well as the lock on the door to ensure there is not a short that is deactivating the keys. Still, I am pleased to hear that the front desk provided excellent customer service during your stat. I will share the kind words to our front desk team about their interactions.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I will work to address these issues. If you could kindly respond back to me at bur@extendedstay.com so that I may find out the room number, I can make sure we take care of the insect issue promptly. I do hope that you will give us another try, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Perhaps my room had been recently remodeled, I'm not sure, but all of the furnishings and decorating were very nice! The closet area was nice and big with wire rack shelves, the bed was comfortable with nice pillows, the TV was flat screen and decent sized, the wireless internet worked flawlessly and fast, the wood laminate flooring in kitchen and bathroom was in great shape, all appliances (full-size fridge, electric cooktop, microwave) seemed in very good condition....all-in-all it was a great place to stay, especially for single occupancy. The room was somewhat smaller than many I have stayed in, but was more than adequate for my needs.

It has exterior corridors, it does not have a pool or exercise room (at least I did not see one and was not informed of one, the small breakfast area is grab-and-go of mostly oatmeal varieties (which is exactly what I wanted anyways), with some fruit, pastries, coffee, etc. Housekeeping was not included for my short stay of 3 nights. But, this is all part of their value proposition -- they are clearly trying to target what the traveler is spending his/her money on.

So it comes down to what you want out of your stay. I did not require the additional activities and breakfast services that some travelers might want/need, and thanks to the lower price I did not wind up paying for things I was not going to use. As it turned out, I did not use the electric cooktop in the room, but it was nice to have the option. To me it was a great value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Okeed0kee

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that our renovated rooms and amenities made your trip comfortable and enjoyable. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the room and amenities and am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

The location is terrible, in the middle of highway intersections - loud and nothing decent around. I reserved a non-smoking deluxe room for 6 nights and the only one available had a terrible smoke smell. The staff said they cannot control who smokes in non-smoking room. I got a regular room, which is very small. I got ants in my bed and all over the bathroom. Yesterday, there was a lady with a van full of kids being handcuffed by two officers right by room (she was released after). And i paid $70/room.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Rafael B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Rafael - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the experience you had at our property. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning and odor elimination procedures moving forward. As well, please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind. I am sorry that you had to witness police action at our hotel, but we take guest safety very seriously and will take action as needed.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at gmartin@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We were shifted over to this hotel after another Extended Stay hotel we had reservations with (through Hotwire) bumped us out do to "overbooking". The room we were in was very clean and large. The two receptionists we dealt with were pleasant and helpful. The breakfast consisted of coffee, muffins, and granola bars. As we were there for 5 days, we did use the laundry facilities twice, which was clean and nice to have. Although the location is off a side road in an industrial area it is still close to restaurants, stores, and access to roads. I did complain about our room being a smoking room, the smell was strong and nasty. They offered us a smaller room but we ended up buying Lysol and air freshners instead. I give them a good rating because they took us in (at 10:00 pm), the room was clean, and it was a good location for our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know about the smoke smell in your room. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a nice, clean room and good customer service.