“Decent but I'll probably look elsewhere next time” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South

Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South
Ranked #169 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Decent but I'll probably look elsewhere next time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Arrived early and was cheerfully greeted and given an early check-in. Room was decent. Clean. But the hotel could use a bit of updating. The only window in the room faces the parking lot, so unless you want the whole world seeing your business, the shades will be shut for the entire stay. i didn't care for that.the a/c was a little tricky -- when on, the room was almost unbearably cold, but when it clicked off it got hot fast.

The room was not serviced for my entire stay. (3nights) I found that a bit surprising. Especially since I kept seeing housekeeping near my room. Oh well. Also, the "grab and go" breakfast is kind of a joke. Coffee, tea, wrapped muffins and instant oatmeal everyday.

I got a decent rate so there's that. And the location was convenient to restaurants, the arboretum and all the major highways. But next time, I think I'll go elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Vanessa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with an early check-in. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our location during your stay with us. Still, I apologize for the issues you encountered with your air conditioner. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure this is properly addressed. As well, I apologize that our housekeeping policy did not meet your needs. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The non smoking rooms REEKED of cigarette smoke.
The door locks were flimsy.
The carpets were filthy.
The staff was completely disinterested in helping.
The AC rattled the entire night even when off, and was extremely loud when on.
It took over 20 minutes for the front desk clerk to come to the desk upon check in.
The billing was incorrect at checkout and the front desk clerk said it "was not my problem" and turned her attention to the only other customer in the lobby.
I will never stay at this or any other Extended Stay location based solely on this horrible experience.

• Stayed April 2014
Rhome, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were down for the Lone Star Roundup and made the reservations on the shadow site of Travelocity. Wasn't sure what we were gettin into not knowin the hotel or the area. I was surprised and pleased with the quality and service we received form the minute we stepped into the lobby. For all the naysayers out there about the area. We had No problems on property. There were also a lot of old custom cars out there that had no problems.

Great value for the price!!!!!! Would stay there again!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Allen, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

If you are staying here bring your own sheets, bed spread and towels, pots and pans, coffee for the coffee maker. This hotel has been recently upgraded, so the furnishings are not bad. However, my room was missing several items, and the staff wasn't helpful. There aren't enough parking spaces for all the guests, so be prepared to park wherever you can and walk a long distance. Also, don't expect the staff to raise a finger to assist.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Jim – I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry that your room was not properly stocked prior to your arrival. As well, I apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will be reviewing your comments with our team to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for sharing your comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at Bur@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Tunica, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotels location is great, however, I wasn't too pleased about not having a mattress topper or something on the bed only a sheet covering the mattress. And I didn't know until arrival that housekeeping is provided with an extra fee. And be sure to bring your own face towels/wash clothes because they don't provide them. And we were placed in a smoking room when I booked a non-smoking. I expected a little more for the $.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Angela - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your bed covering and our housekeeping services did not meet your expectations. As well, I apologize that you were given a smoking room despite requesting a non-smoking room. Your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Please know that towels and washcloths are available upon request at the front desk, should you need them in the future. If you have any additional feedback, please contact me, at BUR@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Benbrook, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We were not in the room much, only to take a few naps at night as our business schedual was pretty crazy! The only thing I would have wished for was a hot tub... we had just a few minutes when we arrived I would have liked to relax more in a hot tub. However, we were truely so busy really didn't have time for that any way. The price was fair, full kitchen - which we didn't have to use but was nice that there was that option! Nice size refridgerator, clean. Served the purpose, worked great for us - was located right beside where we needed to be. Overall great!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Clifton, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Full kitchen, free wifi, clean, remodelled, easy access to Mopac & 183.
Many good restaurants in the area. easy to get to convention center and shopping.
Have stayed here several times and had a good experience each time.

Room Tip: Usually call ahead to request ground floor. Two stories with no elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jrdtsta
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum South, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location and free Wi-Fi. As well, I'm glad to hear that your clean room and fully equipped kitchen met your travel needs. I'm pleased that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.