“GREAT - GREAT - GREAT” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #142 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“GREAT - GREAT - GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel awhile back for our "best-friend" road trip {before I found "tripadvisor" or I'd have written this review earlier} . We were there for a week and found it to be a wonderful hotel with a great staff. The sink is seperate from toilet/shower area which is a big plus for us when we travel. The room was plenty big for the week stay, the mini-fridge & micro in the room are great. Really nice pool that is beautiful at night with the lighting around the courtyard. I have a friend who just stayed here while attending a bowling tournament and said they have been staying here for several years and have never been dissappointed . GREAT room, GREAT people, GREAT price what more could you ask for.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
austinplaza, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Hello! First, we love your screen name of "honest Texan"! Thanks for leaving us a review online. A special thank you to your pals that mentioned this hotel from the bowling competetion. Glad you and your party had a great stay at the hotel, and we hope to see you in the near future! Thanks again-

Charles Resta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

They had everything I expected from a two star hotel off of the freeway and it was surrounded by restaurants that I enjoy. They had big rooms and I liked the bathroom layout. My sister's room was perfect, however, my husband and I had to learn a few "jiggle this/ jiggle that" tricks from the front desk in order to open our front door and switch the bath water from the faucet to the shower sprinkler. My only true complaint is that the housekeepers need to leave more than one set of towels in the rooms whenever it is booked for more than one guest.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
austinplaza, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review on tripadvisor.com I am glad you had an enjoyable visit while at the property. I do apologize for not having more towels for you in the room. We can always bring you more towels or pillows if you like. Glad you had a nice day trip in Austin and we hope to see you in the near future. Take care-

North Austin Plaza Hotel
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

A few family members and friends decided on this hotel for our stay in Austin,TX based on its reasonable price and location. Once we arrived we were even more impressed with the rooms for the amount paid! One member of our group placed the 2 rooms under his name and ended up running a bit behind--it was no problem whatsoever to call in and have the name of another person added to the room which made checking in a breeze!! The hotel is not far from downtown and within close driving distance to many great restraunts--very accessible to I-35 as well (its on the service road a bit away from the interstate so traffic noise was not an issue at all). The pool was clean and there were people relaxing all day in the hot, hot sun! There is also a shallower kiddie or wading pool for the kids. I believe the hotel has an exercise room and each of our rooms had microwave and fridge! Finding a great hotel and a great price made our trip even better! Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We just ordered through their website which was very easy in itself. It seemed to have the best rate...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
austinplaza, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, 6 August 2011
Hello! I appreciate you leaving some feedback from your visit to the hotel. My staff and I are very peased that you had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again in June. We will continue to improve as a hotel and staff. Thanks again for your time-

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I took my daughter's softball team up there last month for the national softball tournament and we stayed at this hotel. I was not sure what we were going to be getting for the price. We were presently surprised. The rooms & grounds,were very clean. The pool is awesome. We had two cars broken into the first night there. They only have security on weekends. I guesss the thieves know this.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello! Always nice having the softball teams return to the property. I am glad that you and your team had a nice stay with the exception of the cars being broken into! I hope the police were able to obtain some fingerprints and eventually catch these low lifes. I do thank you for submitting a survey online. Take care and we hope to see you soon for next years playoffs.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

The hotel is located on 35, it is a 10 minute cab ride ($17) from Sixth Street, it is very convenient to get around since it's right off the freeway. I was able to look at two rooms since I had some friends staying down the hall, the ventilation in their closet/bathroom area was horrible (felt like a sauna, and the shower wasn't even on!), they didn't have a phone in the room and the bathroom door didn't lock. Ventilation in our room was much better, but we had issues locking our room door. The room itself is spacious enough, plenty of closet space, plenty of parking and the pool area looked nice (we had a pool view room). I would recommend the hotel based purely on price and the location if you are wanting to explore areas of Austin other than spending time in Downtown, if you want to spend more time in Downtown, then just pay the extra money for a centrally located hotel. I have been to Austin several times and have found that paying a bit extra is well worth it there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave a survey from your recent visit with us.
We certainly will improve upon the items you mentioned. The first building rooms are superior to the second building as they cost roughly $5-10 more per night. We are constantly making changes to the property to better please our guests. Thanks again-

union, nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

Not fancy, very basic. But also quite comfortable and no problems to speak of. I have stayed here twice and the first time was just okay. The second time the front desk woman was really nice and called the room to check and make sure everything wa sokay. Little touches like that are really nice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
austinplaza, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Hello! Thanks for returning to the property! We are glad you enjoyed your visit and we thank you very much for your input and feedback. Take care and we hope to see you soon-

General Manaer
Albuquerque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. Just in town for a quick jaunt through downtown, and a trip down to the San Marcos River for some swimming. This place was awesome for the price we paid! We are budget travelers, and I rely heavily on TripAdvisor reviews. After reading through the reviews, I thought we should take a chance on this place...so glad we did! It was clean, the staff was helpful, and it was just perfect for our needs. Good location, there are a few restaurants within walking distance, and we had a lovely, quiet stay. It's not luxury accomodations, but the bedding was nice, the sheets were newer, the towels were not theadbare, and most importantly, clean!...it was well worth the money we spent. We paid $35.99/night plus taxes...GREAT!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gingergrif
Hello! Thanks for your fair and honest review of your stay with us. We always appreciate feed back from our guests. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a nice time in the Austin area as well. We look forward to seeing you in the future-