“Don't stay here!”

Econo Lodge North Austin
Ranked #149 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The hotel was one of the worse motels I have ever stayed at. First of all the doors had a chain lock on it. The bathtub was all broken, the sink was cracked, just stuck together with some super glue. There was dust all over the television, behind the bedside table it was all dirty, dusty, and looked like some old food that I don't know how long has been there. The lamp shade had "fool" written on it with marker, the floors were filthy and they smelled really bad. I slept for about 2 hours and left, I could not stand one more minute in that room. The air conditioner kept turning on and off and making a lot of noise. Bad looking hotel, needs a lot of care, paint is chipping off the walls.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank terrym33
austinplaza, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. I apologize for the troubles you had to endure while visiting us. We would have moved you to a superior room if you encountered this many issues with your room. Not sure why having a chain lock on your door is a bad thing? Nevertheless, I do thank you for your input and review-

Reviewed 10 September 2011

the motel is nothing special but it's clean an very close to downtown. recommended for travellers who don't want to spend a lot of money for one night in a motel close to Austin. Very freindly staff at the reception.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Hello! Thanks for your review from your most recent visit to the North Austin Plaza Hotel.
The staff and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thanks again for your input. Always appreciated! Take care-

Reviewed 18 August 2011

really nice room very nice pool. we had a really good time staying there and will be returning soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
austinplaza, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2011

Hello! Many thanks for leaving us a review of your most recent visit with us. I am glad your party enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future! Thanks again-

Reviewed 13 August 2011

Had a recomendation from a friend and also found it on Tripadvisor, booked the room on the hotels web site and got a rate comparable to the lowest priced buget chain or better. The room was very clean without that motel smell I find at so many bargain properties. I got a very large room with a king bed table and 2 chairs , a nice comfortable arm chair, mini fridge and a microwave . The total bill for a Friday night stay was under sixty dollars for a room i would have expected to pay much more for. The only draw back was the WIFI which was poor, but every thing else made up for that. it's an older property, butvery well maintained. Will deffinatly be my Austin hotel from now on.

Room Tip: Book online at the hotel web site
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
austinplaza, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Hello! So glad you found us on our website and very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. The WiFi could have been spotty as it was a busy weekend, however I will have our webmaster make sure all is working well to prevent this from happening again. I thank you for leaving some feedback on tripadvisor, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future! Anything else we can do for you, simply let us know!

Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel awhile back for our "best-friend" road trip {before I found "tripadvisor" or I'd have written this review earlier} . We were there for a week and found it to be a wonderful hotel with a great staff. The sink is seperate from toilet/shower area which is a big plus for us when we travel. The room was plenty big for the week stay, the mini-fridge & micro in the room are great. Really nice pool that is beautiful at night with the lighting around the courtyard. I have a friend who just stayed here while attending a bowling tournament and said they have been staying here for several years and have never been dissappointed . GREAT room, GREAT people, GREAT price what more could you ask for.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Hello! First, we love your screen name of "honest Texan"! Thanks for leaving us a review online. A special thank you to your pals that mentioned this hotel from the bowling competetion. Glad you and your party had a great stay at the hotel, and we hope to see you in the near future! Thanks again-

Reviewed 8 August 2011

They had everything I expected from a two star hotel off of the freeway and it was surrounded by restaurants that I enjoy. They had big rooms and I liked the bathroom layout. My sister's room was perfect, however, my husband and I had to learn a few "jiggle this/ jiggle that" tricks from the front desk in order to open our front door and switch the bath water from the faucet to the shower sprinkler. My only true complaint is that the housekeepers need to leave more than one set of towels in the rooms whenever it is booked for more than one guest.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
austinplaza, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review on tripadvisor.com I am glad you had an enjoyable visit while at the property. I do apologize for not having more towels for you in the room. We can always bring you more towels or pillows if you like. Glad you had a nice day trip in Austin and we hope to see you in the near future. Take care-

Reviewed 4 August 2011

A few family members and friends decided on this hotel for our stay in Austin,TX based on its reasonable price and location. Once we arrived we were even more impressed with the rooms for the amount paid! One member of our group placed the 2 rooms under his name and ended up running a bit behind--it was no problem whatsoever to call in and have the name of another person added to the room which made checking in a breeze!! The hotel is not far from downtown and within close driving distance to many great restraunts--very accessible to I-35 as well (its on the service road a bit away from the interstate so traffic noise was not an issue at all). The pool was clean and there were people relaxing all day in the hot, hot sun! There is also a shallower kiddie or wading pool for the kids. I believe the hotel has an exercise room and each of our rooms had microwave and fridge! Finding a great hotel and a great price made our trip even better! Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We just ordered through their website which was very easy in itself. It seemed to have the best rate...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
austinplaza, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Hello! I appreciate you leaving some feedback from your visit to the hotel. My staff and I are very peased that you had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again in June. We will continue to improve as a hotel and staff. Thanks again for your time-