“Good Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #142 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Wayne, New Jersey
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I had no problem with this place. Cosmetically, the hotel is tired and weathered but it was not dirty. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful, the courtyard is pretty and the pool was nice. The clientele of the hotel wasn't always desirable but I stayed in a more expensive brand name the last night in town and was kept up all night by the children above me. It's not the hotel's fault.
This place was fine for my needs. I came to town to see the city. I had no intention of spending that much time in the hotel but the pool and lounge chairs made my time there a little nicer. The showerhead was new, the water was hot and the towels were clean. The bed was comfortable and the linens were clean. The housekeeping staff needs to do a better job as I was there 5 days and they emptied my trash once, did a crappy job cleaning the toilet (prior to my checking in) and didn't replace (or even toss) the empty tissue box I'd left for them. That was my only real complaint. Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay and near a few restaurants and a bus stop (I was without a car). I would stay again. My only real gripe was it's distance from center city but for what I paid, I can't complain at all.

Room Tip: If you're unfamiliar with the property, I'd ask for a room that faces the courtyard/pool. I...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Brownwood, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Avoid this hotel - run down, seedy, scary - trash overflowing, cigarette butts, chipped concrete, peeling paint - overall just terrible - once in the room it was OK - tiny, bathroom a bit moldy - linens OK - beds comfortable - small flat screen TV - pool crumbling - breakfast standard stuff, but afraid to eat the non-packaged things - breakfast tables had dirty plastic table cloths - upholstered hotel style chairs were so stained I didn't want to sit down - believe all the negative reviews, even the cheap price is too much.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the "courtyard" crumbling pool area as they are insulated from the h...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

We just needed a cheap place to stay for one night before moving into the conference hotel and this was the closest and cheapest hotel we could find near downtown Austin. Check in staff was very friendly and helpful, and they do have coffee available 24/7. The room was quite dated but clean. There was a rough crowd staying at the hotel, but the front desk assured me that there were no security issues and we had none (much to my surprise). Our room was not in the courtyard which was probably wise. There are a ton of fast food and more stylish restaurants very near-by, and the breakfast was surprisingly good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked two rooms for family at the Quality Inn North Austin. After reading reviews on here after booking we were terrified. Check in was smooth. The front staff were very friendly making sure we had non-smoking rooms. Our rooms were clean. We had a few minor issues, our water took 5-7 mins to heat up and our toilet was not easy to flush, but nothing that would scare me away. We were provided fresh towels every day. The beds are extremely comfortable. Breakfast is complimentary. They had Texas shaped waffles, muffins, eggs, bacon and cereals. Overall it was a great stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank CoMu91
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Horrible. Don't stay here.

Dirty floors, broken treadmill buttons, trash on gym floor and counters, cracked hotel doors, stained dining chairs and dirty dining table covers, rusty stairs, fuzzy tv reception, and now me and my friends can't stop itching after staying there.

• Stayed May 2013
Coleman, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We had a grand-son's wedding to go to and our daughter booked us into this QUALITY INN, in North Austin... It was on the week-end of GRADUATION OF ut, which we didn't know about, the traffic was atrocious, NO ROOMS AT THE INNS; and we needed a handicapped-equipped room..
When we arrived the clerk was courteous, the room was ready and very clean, the bed was comfortable and we got rested for the wedding... The breakfast was good, especially the State of Texas shaped Belgium Waffles, eggs, bacon, coffee and fresh fruit..
The swimming pool looked sparkling and the gang in it were having a very good time...
We certainly enjoyed our stay at the North Austin Quality Inn and will recommend it to our friends..

Room Tip: We had very little noise intrusion, even though we were near the pool... There was plenty of room fo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joyce D
Mercedes, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

The hotel is ok, not the greatest but certainly not the worst I have stayed in. You get what you pay for. The check-in experience was not so good, as a matter of fact it was horrible. I was not able to check in my room until almost 9 PM on my first night. I was in Austin for UT graduation ceremonies, I had little time to get ready and to make matters worse, my room was not ready at check in time. I heard other guests complaining with the same problem. The situation was very intense and there was a lot of frustrated guests. Isabel, the desk clerk, was very courteous and professional with everyone even though some of the guests were being very rude to her. Isabel handled the situation very professionally and with a very genuine smile. Even though I was not happy with the situation, I thank her very much for making a very frustrating situation bearable for me. I ran into her during the weekend at hotel and she continued to be very courteous and friendly to me. Great hire.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family