We arrived in to Austin for the ACL music festival on Friday around 1:45 pm. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were told we could not check in because check in time was 3:00. I asked if we couldn't get an early check in and the girl at the front desk told me no because housekeeping was not done cleaning any of the rooms yet (an excuse that I did not buy at all, but whatever).
So we went ahead to ACL and just left our luggage in the car (our plan had been to call a cab to come and get us from the hotel but that wasn't possible since we had nowhere to keep our luggage had we gone that route). After ACL, we got back to the hotel to check in around 12:30 am. To our surprise, there was a line about 15 people deep in the lobby waiting to do the same and only two employees there to check people in. One of them appeared to be a manger and he only bothered checking people in whenever it seemed to be convenient for him. The other poor guy was stuck checking people in by himself while the line of guests only continued to grow. It was literally 35 minutes from the time I walked into the lobby to the time I got to the front desk to check in.
On top of that, there were also several guests down in the lobby complaining about issues with their rooms (One girl even was assigned a room that already had guests in it).
The room was a piece of crap (half of the TV channels didn't work, the phone didn't have a phone cord, the shower pressure was almost non-existent), but that was to be expected with the $69 rate. I stay in crapholes like this one all the time and never really have a problem with them, but the fact that the girl in the afternoon wouldn't let us check in an hour early combined with the inept evening manager later that night lead me to write this negative review. I have never had such a problem checking into some run-down, budget hotel in my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ECONO LODGE A number of shopping malls and restaurants are nearby, including the neighboring Bikinis Sports Bar & Grill, which offers sports television, 25 beers on tap and a children’s menu. Enjoy our many amenities: Free continental breakfast and free coffee Free WiFi Fitness center Laundry facility Outdoor pool with sun deck Travelers will have access to copy and fax services as well as a business center. All rooms include a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron with board and cable television. Some rooms also include a flat-screen television, microwave and refrigerator. Non-smoking rooms are available. Its location with convenient access to area attractions makes the Econo Lodge the ideal option for business and leisure travelers in the Austin, Texas area. Book a room with us today; we look forward to your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge North Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Austin Plaza Hotel Austin
- Econo Lodge North Austin Texas