“Terrible customer service”

Ranked #143 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Lubbock, TX
“Terrible customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We arrived in to Austin for the ACL music festival on Friday around 1:45 pm. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were told we could not check in because check in time was 3:00. I asked if we couldn't get an early check in and the girl at the front desk told me no because housekeeping was not done cleaning any of the rooms yet (an excuse that I did not buy at all, but whatever).

So we went ahead to ACL and just left our luggage in the car (our plan had been to call a cab to come and get us from the hotel but that wasn't possible since we had nowhere to keep our luggage had we gone that route). After ACL, we got back to the hotel to check in around 12:30 am. To our surprise, there was a line about 15 people deep in the lobby waiting to do the same and only two employees there to check people in. One of them appeared to be a manger and he only bothered checking people in whenever it seemed to be convenient for him. The other poor guy was stuck checking people in by himself while the line of guests only continued to grow. It was literally 35 minutes from the time I walked into the lobby to the time I got to the front desk to check in.

On top of that, there were also several guests down in the lobby complaining about issues with their rooms (One girl even was assigned a room that already had guests in it).

The room was a piece of crap (half of the TV channels didn't work, the phone didn't have a phone cord, the shower pressure was almost non-existent), but that was to be expected with the $69 rate. I stay in crapholes like this one all the time and never really have a problem with them, but the fact that the girl in the afternoon wouldn't let us check in an hour early combined with the inept evening manager later that night lead me to write this negative review. I have never had such a problem checking into some run-down, budget hotel in my life.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CadeKor23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I try not to offer a bad review for any business, but this one I just have to. I only stayed here because the city was full and it was a last minute booking. The rate of $79 was decent, but after seeing the unclean room it was more like a $30 room. Behind the night stand were old plastic forks, trash, cigarette ashes. The bathroom floor had trash and dirt in the corners. There were several hairs in the tub and toilet. The bottom of the tub looked as if it hadn't been thorougly cleaned in at least a year. The coffe pot had coffee stains in it. It was difficult to sleep at night knowing how dirty the room was. I didn't mind it being an older hotel, but there is no excuse for not being clean. They definitely need a new housekeeping director/staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank John M

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at this Hotel in August of 2012 when it was Comfort Suites. It is an older motel but when we were leaving is when they were changing over to Quality Inn. In 1 year this place has gone to hell. The floors are so filthy as though they have never been shampooed that I had to wear shoes all the time. The shower was too hot to even shower in and when I used my friends next door her's was freezing cold. Nothing they could do about it! Really? Door keys only worked every other time. Door stuck. Pool was a lot of fun and my girls love the shape of it, but it is in terrible need of repair. The whole Hotel needs an overhaul big time. I will NEVER stay at this place again. Staff was for the most part nice and maintenance tried to help but of course are limited to what they could do on old everything... Don't stay here. Clean but run down. With the exception of the floors and such.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dlisa17
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

There was mold smell and musty rooms. This hotel needs repairs and upkeep. Everything felt damp. Good price but this has not been good for a QualityInn i have had better luck other places.

Eveeything felt damp in the room. Rooms faces the parking lot. Landscaping was nice now they just nees to do the same for the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

After booking a 'smoking' room (through Booking.com) @ Howard Johnson down the road, only finding out the entire property was non-smoking when we tried to check in, we got re-routed to Quality Inn. We were very much surprised & pleased with the room. It was a clean, nice, cold room (over 100 degrees outside). Refrigerator worked very well. We felt safe and secure in our room. There is not one negative thing I could say about this hotel. One of the best hotels I've ever been to!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank JasonAP73
Wayne, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I had no problem with this place. Cosmetically, the hotel is tired and weathered but it was not dirty. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful, the courtyard is pretty and the pool was nice. The clientele of the hotel wasn't always desirable but I stayed in a more expensive brand name the last night in town and was kept up all night by the children above me. It's not the hotel's fault.
This place was fine for my needs. I came to town to see the city. I had no intention of spending that much time in the hotel but the pool and lounge chairs made my time there a little nicer. The showerhead was new, the water was hot and the towels were clean. The bed was comfortable and the linens were clean. The housekeeping staff needs to do a better job as I was there 5 days and they emptied my trash once, did a crappy job cleaning the toilet (prior to my checking in) and didn't replace (or even toss) the empty tissue box I'd left for them. That was my only real complaint. Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay and near a few restaurants and a bus stop (I was without a car). I would stay again. My only real gripe was it's distance from center city but for what I paid, I can't complain at all.

Room Tip: If you're unfamiliar with the property, I'd ask for a room that faces the courtyard/pool. I...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Brownwood, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Avoid this hotel - run down, seedy, scary - trash overflowing, cigarette butts, chipped concrete, peeling paint - overall just terrible - once in the room it was OK - tiny, bathroom a bit moldy - linens OK - beds comfortable - small flat screen TV - pool crumbling - breakfast standard stuff, but afraid to eat the non-packaged things - breakfast tables had dirty plastic table cloths - upholstered hotel style chairs were so stained I didn't want to sit down - believe all the negative reviews, even the cheap price is too much.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the "courtyard" crumbling pool area as they are insulated from the h...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family