“Nice Hotel. Needs up grading” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Econo Lodge North Austin
Ranked #142 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Somerset, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel. Needs up grading”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very nice hotel with clean rooms but really needed some updating.They had a very nice pool and a great breakfast. The front desk was extremely kind, courtesy, friendly and helpful.The location was perfect for us as we were doing some sight seeing rather than just passing thru. A good place to stay at a good price

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Larry G, Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Joao42,

Thank you so much for the review!

I completely agree that we're due for renovations. Thankfully, it's finally happening and we'll have a new product to deliver to all of our customers. I'm glad my staff were so helpful while you were here, and I'll be sure to tell them you said so. Come back and see us the next time you pass through!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Granbury
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I booked two nights here so my daughter could attend a roller derby clinic. I figured we would make it a fun weekend trip since we live over 3 hours away. I've stayed at plenty of Choice Hotels in the past and never been unhappy, so I was expecting the same here. Omg I was so wrong. Check in was fine and took very little time at about 4:45pm on a Friday. My first problem was that the rooms open to the outside. There is zero security this way, and that makes me uncomfortable. Second, the room was really gross. The carpet was dark, stained, and the room stunk do bad I wasn't sure I could stand it. The beds were really hard and made creaking sounds with every minor movement. The bathroom was dingy, rusted, and just seemed dirty. Then let's talk about how there was some huge group of tree trimmers staying there whose giant trucks took up large parts of the parking lot. They also pulled out a smoker and were drinking, playing loud music, and partying well after dark. When we went in search of the ice and vending machines that should have been near our room, we found there was no vending machine there, but was almost overcome by the stench from the laundry room. Oh, our bed sheets were damp on arrival as well. Wandering around to the complete opposite side of the property to locate a vending machine we saw several sketchy looking people just hanging around. Many rooms has the doors just hanging open and it was obvious that people were living in there full time. Overall the atmosphere was very unsafe and I hardly slept worrying that my car would be broken into. I decided to just check out at 745 the next morning, cut my losses and make the long drive home after the clinic. The clerk informed me that I would have to call expedia to ask for a refund. I told her that I wasn't too worried about that, I was just anxious to leave. She then really rudely said "well go then!" She didn't even bother to ask what the problem was. I guess she probably already knows... I've never had such a horrible experience.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank grocerygetterjo
Grocerygetterjo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a truly thorough review. This is the type of feedback my entire management team needs to hear about.

After reading your entire review, I would really like to speak with you personally regarding your stay. If you don't mind, please contact us at the hotel as soon as you can.

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The good:
A good decent breakfast kept stocked during breakfast hours.
An Awesome 9-foot deep swimming pool that felt great with the 100 degree weather.
Room was clean and has a microwave and mini-fridge. TV had about 60 basic channels.
Staff was very nice.
Only about 8 minutes from the capitol and 12 minutes from Round Rock

Bad:
Bed was slightly hard, although the pillows were super soft.
Our room never saw housekeeping during our 2-day stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Larry G, Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
mrbrentharris,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel!

It was a pleasure reading your review; you were in-depth in your description of our rooms and you offered us constructive feedback on our beds and housekeeping staff. I will use your review during one of our staff meetings. Give us a call the next time you're in Austin!

Regards,
gservices@qualityinnaustin.com
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Staff very pleasant.
When checking in, he heard us mention the book so he booked us a room on the 1st floor (preferred) with a pool view for the same low rate we were quoted online
Room was clean and had all the essentials ... Nice hot shower

Continental breakfast incl hot waffles, eggs n sausage. Again staff was helpful and friendly.

Would recommend this place in the middle if austin.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Larry G, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Valued Traveler-

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. We're happy you found the accommodations and service levels excellent and that the breakfast was enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you again when traveling to Austin and we'll share your comments with all of our staff members.

Thanks again,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

As a quality inn I didn't have a problem with the hotel. Continental breakfast was good. The location was great. Staff members were courteous and helpful when needed. The king size bed was comfortable. There could have been a couple more outlets but they are in the renovation process. This was a great affordable place for someone away from home.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Mrs. Green-

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your recent visit with us. We are happy the staff was professional and extended their helping hands whenever needed and the accommodations were clean and comfortable.

We will share your comments with our staff and management and we hope to see you again when visiting the Austin area.

Thanks again,
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I came out here for SXSW and the location was great, it helped being around a lot of the action for a price that makes SO MUCH more sense than everything else during this time.
The room was decent, but it came with WiFi and good air conditioning, few electrical outlets though. What made this stay from a 4 to 5 in my experience was the continental breakfast.. The fifth star was the friendly and hardworking Peggy her service was amazing, she was accommodating and really nice to visitors. I really felt at home a lot in part to her work ethic and service. Overall, come check this place out especially if you're here for South by!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rachel P, Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
AndreRaph,

I am ecstatic about your review! My breakfast attendant will definitely receive a copy of this review and I appreciate your comments. I'd love for you to return to our hotel the next time you're in town. Our hotel is in the midst of renovations, so you'll be able to experience an even BETTER stay!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Trust me when I tell you that this hotel is not worth your hard earned money. The management of this establishment is not worth any of your exasperation, caused by explaining why your stay is going to be a horrible experience. Let me tell you what I went through as a fellow consumer: I spent 1 hr+ to check in, because management in all their wisdom decided to have only one clerk, (only positive, was the clerk Julius on duty, sharp under pressure), rooms smelled of feet, and the Q showers a joke, they have signs posted that you will have a Q shower experience (curved curtain poles, state of the art fixtures) they sit on a throne of lies. If you visit Austin stays away from this hotel, unless you want a vacation filled with frustration, irritation, annoyance, and anger. I would have rather slept in my car than pay the $80.00. You have been warned.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Reuben G
Larry G, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Reuben,

After reading your review I'm quite stunned by your experience. I certainly wish to convey my regret at the disappointment you must have felt when attempting to check in. It is a hotel policy to have two or more Front Desk agents on event/busy weekends; one employee manning the front desk is NOT the norm, and I have addressed the issue personally.

You were a little unclear about your expectations for our Q Shower, but all the same I do apologize you were unable to enjoy your experience.

On a positive note, our hotel is currently undergoing renovations and I cordially invite you to return to witness the new changes.