“Very comfortable rooms, clean, good service”

Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum
Ranked #67 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very comfortable rooms, clean, good service”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I spent three nights here for business recently. I was pleased with the cleanliness of the room, the size of the room, and the fact that it had a kitchenette.

The service was great. I had a suit cleaned when I arrived and it came back the same day and the cleaning was excellent. we asked the hotel desk clerk for recommendations for dinner and she was friendly and helpful.

The only negative was that the beds were not all that comfortable. I recently stayed at a Hampton Inn and found the bed far more comfortable there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My family of five ( including 3 teens) stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and had a great time! The rooms are spacious with plenty of storage areas.The beds were very comfortable! The hotel and grounds where very clean and well kept. There is a nice pool and game court (basketball, tennis,etc-equipment at the front desk) along with a patio area and grilling area. there is an library area with two computers and some board games and books. Breakfast was really good and not too crowded. The front desk was very helpful as was everyone else I spoke with. Close by there is a Target, Sam's Club and Spouts. also just a 5 mintue drive from the hotel is a beautiful shopping area/mall called "The Domain" and a yummy burger place, "Mighty Fine". One more plus was that our dog was able to stay with us! My only complaint was that the hallways were kinda hot....of course we are in Texas in July.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
seanrussell, Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We appreciate when guest are kind enough to review us on Trip advisor and also love when we are given such high praise. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities we provide and hope to have you, your loved ones, and friends stay with us far into the future. Thank you again, and we will work on the July heat for you.

Sean Russell
Operations Manager
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I arrived at the hotel to check in and was informed that the room type I had requested was not available but they needed ten minutes to clean it. Not a problem. I had a seat in the lobby, did some work and time got away from me. Half an hour later, I went back to the front desk and was told that the room type was not available and they only had non smoking rooms. Not acceptable as I was left waiting for a room to be cleaned that didn't even exist.
I asked to speak to the manager and was sure I was going to continue to get the run around. Not the case. The Manager, Peggy, was absolutely fantastic. She handled my complaint like a pro, accommodated my request and put me into a lovely room. She went above and beyond taking care of me and treating me like a valued customer. She turned what was a miserable situation for me into a wonderful experience. Her attitude and genuine affection for her customers and their overall satisfaction of their stay was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends, family and business associates. This hotel knows the meaning of customer service and I would gladly travel cross country again to just stay in this hotel and experience this high level of customer service.
Many thanks to Peggy and her staff! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We just needed a decent place to stay for a couple of nights in Austin and this fit the bill. Hotels downtown were three times the price and this one was well located in easy walking distance from the Arboretum (a shopping center) We were able to get a two bedroom, two bath suite so that our elderly mother could stay with us. It had a nice kitchen and a comfortable living room. It was well layed-out with good closet space. Landscaping and pool looked nice. The hospitality was warm. When I forgot one of my valuables one day, I called the front office and they went to the room to get it and kept it for me at the front desk. My mother could get up early and choose breakfast from a nice selection in the dining room. Parking was convenient and the area felt safe. Next door are two restaurants.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank alice2000
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 17 May 2011

The hotel is beautiful and clean. There is always coffee/tea/hot chocolate available. There are 2 bbqs to cook your own food. The evening food/free drinks tues-thurs. was so wounderful. The pool/outside area is spacious/clean. We had the 3 room suite which was a king bed in one room and a queen in the other with a living room. Both bedroom had a closing door which was a plus to get out 4 year old to sleep while others were still awake. The kitchen was very well equipped and there was dish soap already in the room. There is coffee and tea and it is replaced as needed. Walking distance from the hotel is the Iron Cactus and North by Northwest. Also a large shopping center with a Whole Foods. I will absolutely stay here again when visiting Austin!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank lovetoeat72
Hanover, Maryland
Reviewed 9 December 2010

An absolutely wonderful hotel; Comfortable, clean, home like, great staff, large spacious rooms. Beds are like heaven. Rooms smell clean and fresh, no carpet stains anywhere in the hotel. You always win when you stay at a Stay bridge. They are consistently some of the best hotels I stay at. As you can see from my other hotel reviews in very very picky.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank DavidJames1234
Texas
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I didn't find this hotel amazing, as some other reviewers seem to have, but it is very satisfactory for a budget choice. The two-room suites have good space. With full kitchens in the suites (and free breakfast), it would be ideal for families with children or long-term business travelers. The breakfast offered the same standard items as every other hotel in this class we have stayed in (cereals, bread/cold pastries, yoghurt, scrambled eggs/sausage, apples & bananas), with plastic forks and styrofoam plates, and was laid out nicely. The neighborhood is very upscale and safe, with great high-end shopping nearby. If you are not disabled and like to take baths like I do, specify that you don't want a handicapped room--there was a board in our tub that made it impossible for me to recline in the tub. Bathroom was very large, I suppose to allow room for wheelchair. The room was very clean, and the bed comfortable. We booked through Hotwire, so it was good value for the price we paid. We only interacted with staff at check-in, which was normal, so didn't have occasion to experience the above-and-beyond staff service that others mention. I would recommend this for families with children.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple