“Excellent service, thin walls.”

Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum
Ranked #85 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Service at this hotel was excellent. The breakfast staff was very responsive, and the front desk folks were very helpful. The only issue I has with the hotel was with the internal noise levels. We were below a family with young children who liked to stomp, and next to a small barking dog. I had requested a top floor room because I am a notorious light sleeper, but was told none were available, so we had to deal with it. We had a room facing the road, but traffic noise was not an issue. The hotel was very clean and the hotel itself was in excellent shape.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff S, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

I am sorry to hear about the noise issues you experienced during your stay. While noise complaints are rare at our property, our staff is always quick to respond when there is an issue. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the rest of your stay. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

It was perfect for my family, not a lot of hotels accomadate big families! The suites were clean & spacious. I was able to save on money on breakfast, thanks to the wonderful spread the hotel put out. Staybridge had everything my family needed!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Jeff S, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your suite and the complimentary breakfast that is included. Our staff takes great pride in the services we provide and we are always thrilled to hear positive feedback. Look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

We live Staybridge as we travel with our dog but this location exceeded all our previous positive experiences. The pet fee was nominal and we received a great upgrade :) the outdoor courtyard with pool was gorgeous and the service here was excellent! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad the hotel exceeded your family's expectations and that our pet policy made it possible for the whole family to come along. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Austin.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

The staff was very friendly to our family. We were there for about 2 months and when we left it felt like we were leaving our friends. Marcos, who served breakfast during the week and dinner one night was awesome! We liked that they really took care of us. Also the services they provide is great! We enjoyed having breakfast and dinner options 3 nights a week. Being able to use the laundry services free of charge was Awesome! We really enjoyed our time there!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the delightful feedback. I am glad your family enjoyed your extended stay visit in Austin. Our amenities were designed to accomodate long term stays, so it is great to hear that you enjoyed the facilities. I hope you make it back to Austin soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

Well it seemed as if everything was going to be ok until 10pm. We came back to the room and I think cheech & chong were staying in room 310 because there was smoke blowing out of my bathroom fan from the room next door. Then I put my kids to sleep and the sheets reeked of urine. Absolutely disgusting experience at $200 a night! We had to move rooms at 11:30pm with kids. Need I say more?

• Stayed: April 2013

I am very sorry for your experience. It turns out that "Cheech & Chong" were staying in the suite below and not next door as you suspected. Once we located the source of the smoke they were escorted off the property. This is the first time I have experienced anything like this in our hotel and I assure you this is not a regular occurence, as our staff take great pride in the cleanliness of our facility. I hope the fact that we comped your stay helped make up for this disturbing experience.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Booking agent made a mistake and gave us a one bedroom. The manager fixed the problem right away. The breakfast is very nice. We consistently use them across texas. We love that they are consistently clean, and new. Their waffles are so good, we now use their mix at home. We love that they have a living room with a TV. We are not surprised they are in the top 20 in Austin.

Room Tip: There are so many restaurants near the arboretum. We suggest the Buca Di Peepo
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am glad to hear that we were able to correct the booking mistake and give you the suite you were expecting. It's feedback like yours that keeps us rated as one of the best hotels in Austin, so thanks again!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have started staying here on my routine business trips to this area. The hotel is in an excellent location. The rooms were well appointed. The staff were helpful. I only have a couple issues and I did not report them at the time which I should have but didn't want anyone coming to the room as I would have to put away all my papers, etc. The door to the bathroom would not click shut so it would open back up automatically. I noticed a couple silverfish on the sink. It was room 313, so if these could be taken care of the rest of the hotel was great.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for reporting the issues with the suite so that our maintenance team could get them corrected. I am happy to hear that we are your choice for business travel to Austin. We look forward to serving you again soon!