“Good choice for an extended Austin visit”

Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum
Ranked #82 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 20 April 2014

If you have plans for an extended West Austin visit, I can certainly recommend the Staybridge Suites Arboretum. While the accommodations are predictable with this chain, the service was a bit above & beyond. Although very busy, the breakfast buffet was well maintained and I was pleased that dishes were quickly cleared and tables cleaned off every morning during my stay. They even had granola to mix with my yogurt which I rarely find in the "dial your cereal" carousel. The front desk gave me a few ideas for some nearby "fresh air walks" such as the quarry.

Folks, this location is a bit removed from downtown so not a good choice for aficionados of Austin's music and downtown nightlife. A $45 cab ride away. But there are lots of terrific restaurants within walking distance and even a Whole Foods for some basic meal preparation in your room. As I've found at other Staybridge Suite locations, this one allows you to be somewhat self sufficient if you desire it. The pool and grilling area is as nice as I've seen anywhere.

There you have it; a great option if you are traveling on business for an extended project or assignment!

Room Tip: People that stay here typically have PC's and lots of luggage. I'd snag a room away from th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My grandson had a gymnastics competition nearby and my daughter booked a 2 bedrm suite for the 2 of us and her three children. The rooms were very nice, big beds, 2 full bathrooms, kitchen and sitting area, very clean. The pool is in a lovely setting and there is a nice well equipped gym. We had to leave for the gym before the breakfast was open and the kind folks behind the desk offered to and made some bags breakfasts for us to take with us! The staff is wonderful and gracious. This place is great and made our trip very pleasant and fun.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Mary R, Front desk agent at Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about our property. We are happy to hear that we could accommodate you and your family in one of our two bedroom suites! Thank you again for the kind words!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have stayed 35 days in this hotel 17 days with my Hubby. In general it was OK and paid 239$ per night. It started upon my arrival when the voucher that I had was for one bed suite and I was assigned studio suite which is to small for a couple. After I have asked to be moved I was relocated to a better room (after a week) I have to thank the staff that actually moved my luggage from one place to another. The kitchen staff is very poor , there were not even a regular soup spoons only tea ones. The kitchen towels are in a very poor stage - I would have send them to the garbage. My husband need to ask for daily cleaning to often and the respond he received was "U have put the 'don't disturb' magnet" which was not the case ever. Breakfast was nice the space is to crowd a lucky us on sunny days we took our breakfast in the yard. The kitchen staff are very kind and helpful. During all my stay one of the washing machine was broken and not fixed. We had a very noisy neighbors above us that become active every night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back far from the main road and the new building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We traveled to Austin for a wedding, and we were so pleased to have this hotel reserved for our families! The suite is described in a previous review. Great for two couples or one couple with adult children. So many amenities! Great breakfast every morning with a lot of varieties. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday offered a complimentary supper! Coffee and citrus infused water were available most of the time. Newspapers were available everyday. Fire pit, grills, basketball court, and swimming available. Great location, close to shopping, and restaurants. Highly recommend this great hotel when you visit Austin.

Room Tip: There is construction next door, but it did not bother our sleep. If you are a light sleeper, reques...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Mary R, Front desk agent at Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for letting us be a part of your family's celebration! We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and are glad that you all enjoyed many of the amenities we offer to our guests. Thanks again!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We recently stayed in a 2 bedroom suite during a spring break trip to Austin. The room was clean and comfortable. One bedroom had a king size bed, tv, a desk, and a bathtub with shower. The second bedroom had 2 double beds, tv and a glass shower. The living area had a couch, table with 4 chairs, an armchair, and a tv with DVD player. The kitchen was small but had a microwave, dishwasher and full size refrigerator. The breakfast was very good. There were eggs and sausage, make your own waffles, cereal, yogurt, pastries, bagels, toast, oatmeal, juices, soft drinks and coffee. On weekday evenings (M-Th) there are evening snacks, beer on tap, and wine. The pool is heated, and the sports court is fun. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Mary R, Front desk agent at Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about our property. We were happy to accomadate you and your family during your spring break trip to Austin. Our property offers many amenities, and we are thrilled you all were able to enjoy some of them. Thank you again for the nice review!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at the Staybridge for three months while working in Austin.

Warm and friendly staff, especially Marco. Give that man a raise! Always had the coffee ready before the breakfast hour, which was truly appreciated since I left for work before 6:30 every day. Coffee and a warm good morning greeting. Can't be beat!

The room was spacious and clean. Was nice to have more than 1 room with a bed. The grounds were kept just as clean as the inside and definitely relaxing to sit on the patio after work. Plenty to do. BBQ, fire pit, basketball (they even have a ball!), swimming. The food was decent. And why would you want to make a waffle in a shape other than TX? I would definitely stay here again if I were going to be back in Austin. Enough places to eat within walking distance or a short drive. I highly recommend the coconut margarita's at Baby A's!

I only have a couple of negative things to say. One...the walls were EXTREMELY thin. I could hear everything. Yes...everything. And two...the mattresses really should be flipped on a more frequent basis. I slept on the right side of the bed in order to stay out of the hole. And lastly....not all the washers/dryers were working. One of them was down for my entire stay.

Room Tip: Top floor room. Less traffic noise!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Mary R, Front desk agent at Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed many of the amenities we offer, along with those that surround us. We constantly strive to exceed our guests' expectations and suggestions like yours help us achieve that goal! Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Ok, this hotel may not be right on top of everything but it's basically just a couple blocks away so to speak. Decided to head to Austin for the weekend and chose this hotel so we could go to the Texas Stars hockey game in Cedar Park that night then spend the day in Austin the next. Very pretty hotel, great staff, very nice rooms. A really nice property with plenty to do. This was my first time at a Staybridge and wasn't really sure what to expect but I have to say I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Breakfast was your average hotel breakfast however, having only one attendant on duty was not enough. The hotel was busy and there were alot of people crammed in and the attendant couldn't keep up. Need to staff up the dining room when the hotel is busy but otherwise I was very impressed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mary R, Front Desk Agent at Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you taking the time to write us a review about our property. We love hearing from our guests and value their feedback! We are glad that our location fit your travel needs and look forward to serving you again!