“Location Location Location”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
Ranked #154 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Surrounded by fantastic eateries, bars. Unless you were needing to travel out beyond the city, everything is within walking distance or buses are available for $1 trip including to the airport (every 30 mins). But if you have a car, parking is free (bonus!).
Breakfast is basic-coffee, oats sachet to cook in your microwave, muesli bars, muffins,apples.
Great Laundry-4 washing machines @ $2 load plus dryers
Room was clean and adequate with kitchenette and full sized fridge.
Room was unserviced (6 day stay) but fresh towells would be provided if requested.
Only a couple of short blocks from the amazing Whole Foods store.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our location to be convenient to so many other establishments in the Austin area. As well, that you truly enjoyed staying at our hotel in general. It was a pleasure having you stay with us!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

stayed here for 4 nights, got a great deal with a promo code off the net, close to all the bars on 6th. room was small with kitchenette but clean and quiet, free Wi-Fi, do it yourself laundry facilities, room air con was a little noisy but after a few drinks on 6th I didn't notice it as much! staff ok would stay here again as the price was cheap. as others have said the free breakfast is just a coffee station with pre-packaged muffins Great bar next door Little Woodrows

Room Tip: high floor carpark side
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It was disheartening to read that your air conditioner was loud and you felt the room was small; however, I am so pleased that we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet room and friendly customer service.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Great location on 6th st, clean rooms, little kitchenette. Great value, would definitely stay here again. Definitely nothing fancy, and the breakfast is extremely simple. But if you're just planning on spending most of your time outside the hotel and need somewhere to sleep and clean up, it's great.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Manuela - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found our grab and go breakfast to be disappointing. In response to your feedback, I am forwarding your comments on, as this is a new feature for all of our hotels, one we are still fine-tuning.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dtl@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We spent one night at Extended Stay America. We chose this hotel because of its great location with lots of bars, restaurants and sights like the Capitol just off. The room is okey, big enough and fairly clean but nothing special. However, breakfast was a great disappointment: one coffee and one plastic-wrapped muffin to go.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Before booking, I wish I knew that the staff did not like dogs, even though the hotel accepts dogs. They complain if they bark but it's like complaining if a baby cries and they accept babies at hotels. One employee and a manager complained that one of their guests had complained about our dog barking. Well if you know that a hotel accepts dogs, you should not stay at a hotel that accepts dogs. And you should not work at a place that accepts dogs, if you don't like them! It's like moving in an apartment complex that accepts kids and you don't like kids! We always take our little dog with us when we travel and have never had any problems, but of course, if you go kicking on the door, she is going to bark at you! The room we stayed in had broken closet doors and stained towels in the bathroom. We got 2 wake-up calls around 2:30 a.m., which we did not request but also had guests and employees partying outside our room around 2 - 4 a.m. On top of all that, another guest hit our car in the parking lot as he was backing out and his insurance (Safeco) did not want to pay for the damages.

Room Tip: Don't stay there unless you like to party all night and don't mind wake-up calls during the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Suzy - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situations you described regarding noise disturbance throughout the night and staff not being attentive to your needs are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I have spoken to the night attendant about paying closer attention to noise after hours as we need to ensure all our guests are comfortable and satisfied. As well, our property is pet friendly so while we do enjoy having furry friends on-site, we also need to keep noise down for other guests. I apologize that this was not communicated properly and will work with my staff to ensure it is moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at dtl@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We were visiting family and also wanted to see the city. This is a great location to really start to see Austin. From the Cactus Cafe to South Congress, Museums, Botanical and Sculpture Gardens, REI, Whole Foods and of course 6th Street is at your door step. Our only issue was the smell of smoke in the hall right off the elevator, but it didn't come in the room, so it wasn't a problem. The rooms are also quiet...no real sound transfer. Good price, GREAT location

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Michael - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and the city of Austin. I will look into the smoke odor you found in the room to ensure we try to minimize this in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I've stayed here twice, both times for 1 full week.

The value for money on this hotel is great. I've not stayed in many American hotels, but compared to European hotels, the room is very big, as is the bathroom.

As a smoker, I opted for the smoking room. It did stink of smoke, more than I would have expected. So if you do not smoke, you will not appreciate smoking rooms one bit.

My first visit was good. My fridge was leaking on the first day I arrived. I reported it to reception and it was dealt with the same day. Room was clean and very comfortable.

My first visit was good but not as good as first visit. This is because there were bits of muffin on the floor which the maid had obviously missed while cleaning. I reported it twice, but nothing was ever done. A shame as the reception staff are great.

Everyone is very friendly here. Location is awesome for bars and restaurants. Can't beat the price in central Austin.

Breakfast was small, but that is always explained and it's correctly represented. Nice to be able to grab a muffin. The coffee was awful so I had to dose it with flavoured creamers which were available.

I would stay here again and I would recommend it. if you're looking for good value and comfortable, but no more than that, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It was disheartening to read that we were unable to provide you with a fresh smelling, exceptionally clean room; however, I am so glad to that we were still able to make your stay enjoyable.