“Great Location and Nice Staff”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
Ranked #156 of 201 Hotels in Austin
San Angelo, Texas, United States
“Great Location and Nice Staff”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We attended a concert on 6th Street and this hotel was right across from the venue. Walking distance to everything downtown.
The room was a little run down but it had everything we needed. The staff was super friendly but I was disappointed it did not have a swimming pool and the selection for the Grab n Go Breakfast was limited. No Juice or milk. Please the vending machine took my money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Hi Corina,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It was disheartening to read that we were unable to accommodate your pool request; however, I am so pleased that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one due to the friendliness of my staff and the location of our hotel. We will certainly check the vending machine to ensure it is operating correctly; thank you for bringing this to our attention. It was great to hear from you and we would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Extended Stay on 6th and Guadalupe in Austin is fine for an economy stay for business (or economy pleasure) in town. Great location with new restaurants and walking distance to anything in downtown Austin (just do it early evening after the heat subsides). Amenities are adequate, folks are friendly and helpful (welcome to Austin) and the place is safe. Nice stay. Don't expect the Taj. . .but a good clean and economical place to stay with great access to local hot spots!

Room Tip: They're all fine.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike_Adventure
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay with us but the city as well. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Saddle River, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights, and I wasn't all that impressed.

Negatives:
It was fairly old,
Funny smells in the hallway
Little bugs flying around
Mattress cover was pilled and you could feel that through the sheets
Unable to regulate the temperature in the room: either stuffy or too cold.
Old and run down, possibly unable to get as clean as other hotels
TV did not get CBS, stating a problem with the satellite feed. I asked at the front desk and was told they have cable, not satellite, and there was no problem since the other stations came in fine

Positives:
Lowest price in the 6th street area
Olga at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.
Grab and go breakfast
Fridge and microwave in room
Free WiFi

Overall, I was fine for the few nights I was there, but next time I think I will pay more to stay at a place a little nicer and cleaner.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations during your most recent visit to Austin. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am working with our maintenance and housekeeping staff members to correct the issues in your room. As well, we are focusing on improving our cleanliness procedures to ensure these types of situations do not happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dtl@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Great spot for everything "central" and practically the only hotel on 6th. Very handy to the night life and also some shopping. There was one front desk lady that was very rude especially when checking in, but all other staff were soo helpful and gave good advice. i hardly spent any time in my room, and there was a big fridge and 2 burner stove and microwave - but sooo much great food nearby. Double glazed windows so traffic noise was very minimal!

Room Tip: all rooms are probably the same - no issues with road noise as double glazing blocks out all the noi...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 14 June 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that someone on our staff did not attend to your needs properly during your stay. Still, we are pleased to know that the rest of the staff took such great care of you. As well, I am so glad that you enjoyed your in-room amenities and the location of our hotel.

Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Found this hotel and was happy to stay here. Free parking and walking distance from e 6th streets' main music venues. In the heart of downtown yet quiet at night as its a few blocks from "the scene." Rooms have kitchenettes and are very clean with an elevator.

Room Tip: doesnt matter
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room, the free parking we offer to all of our guests and our location. Being so close to downtown is a huge plus, so we are glad you were able to enjoy the area!

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Terrible terrible property. I arrived last Sunday after flying all day to be told that some guests already staying there decided they would stay another night. The front desk clerk apologized and said I could go to their sister property several miles south of Downtown instead and stay. While I was trying to find another hotel, there were a number of other guests that came in, and some that called, to claim their reservations and were turned away as well.
What a terribly run property. Would not recommend to anyone, even as a last option.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 17 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was disheartened to read that we were unable to accommodate your reservation. Please accept our apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the front desk in detail about how to handle this type of situation to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sthau@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The location is great and easy walking distance to most things in Austin. A few blocks up 6th street take you to the bars, nightclubs, restaurants, etc. The famous "bat bridge" is also a 10 minute walk (but even though spending two evenings there I never saw the bats!). Whole Foods supermarket is about 10 minutes walk away.
Front desk staff are friendly and helpful and the place is clean and tidy. "Grab and Go" breakfast served in the lobby each morning is truly grab and go. Tea, coffee, granola bars, wrapped muffin and fruit. Nothing exciting, but enough.
I would stay here again if I returned to Austin.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 7 June 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our friendly staff and your clean, tidy hotel room. As well, I am very glad that you enjoyed our great location, close to many different establishments in the area.