Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
Ranked #155 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Originally had reservations at another ESA hotel, but the day of our arrival in Austin the Manager called me and said they were having plumbing problems and would we mind staying in the Downtown location. Sure. No problem. We stayed here on a Friday and then again the following Monday. Two different rooms, both kings. Rooms were clean, albeit a little old. On our Monday night stay the clorox odor in the room was so strong we had to leave the door open until it dissipated. We would have used the bathroom fan, but as far as I can tell, none of their bathrooms have one! Beds were OK, AC worked, room was cheap enough. Won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Convenient to downtown. I didn't hate it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that your original reservation had been moved to our location. Still, we are pleased to know that you were content with the location and the accommodations, except for the strong Clorox odor in the second room. Thank you again for posting your review, we will use your feedback to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

The location was great, right in the middle of downtown, parking was excellent, staff was friendly, but the room seemed a bit old and the carpet was grungy. The air conditioner was Cold which was super, the kitchen was nice- frig was big, micro clean, but the tub was small, shower curtain yucky and shower head was horrible. Would consider staying here again but probably not. Loud footsteps above us until after 200am, and noise in the hallway. What breakfast???

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our location, the parking and the staff; however, we apologize that the room had a grungy carpet and loud guests above you during the night. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be undergoing renovations in the near future, so that will help with the room appearance and feel. We will remind our staff to ensure that guests returning from a night of festivities will be a little less noisy so that they do not disturb other guests. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dtl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Not only was a staff very rude and overzealous to tow cars in there parking lot And completely pissed off a new guest that had just arrived. But the rooms were very dirty and smelled like cigarettes along with dirty sheets and cigarette burns on the bed and carpet and stains everywhere. I will go as far saying that out of my hotel experience for the price we paid for this place it was totally not worth it and I would've rather stayed in a Days Inn

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We attended a concert on 6th Street and this hotel was right across from the venue. Walking distance to everything downtown.
The room was a little run down but it had everything we needed. The staff was super friendly but I was disappointed it did not have a swimming pool and the selection for the Grab n Go Breakfast was limited. No Juice or milk. Please the vending machine took my money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Hi Corina,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It was disheartening to read that we were unable to accommodate your pool request; however, I am so pleased that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one due to the friendliness of my staff and the location of our hotel. We will certainly check the vending machine to ensure it is operating correctly; thank you for bringing this to our attention. It was great to hear from you and we would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Extended Stay on 6th and Guadalupe in Austin is fine for an economy stay for business (or economy pleasure) in town. Great location with new restaurants and walking distance to anything in downtown Austin (just do it early evening after the heat subsides). Amenities are adequate, folks are friendly and helpful (welcome to Austin) and the place is safe. Nice stay. Don't expect the Taj. . .but a good clean and economical place to stay with great access to local hot spots!

Room Tip: They're all fine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike_Adventure
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay with us but the city as well. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights, and I wasn't all that impressed.

Negatives:
It was fairly old,
Funny smells in the hallway
Little bugs flying around
Mattress cover was pilled and you could feel that through the sheets
Unable to regulate the temperature in the room: either stuffy or too cold.
Old and run down, possibly unable to get as clean as other hotels
TV did not get CBS, stating a problem with the satellite feed. I asked at the front desk and was told they have cable, not satellite, and there was no problem since the other stations came in fine

Positives:
Lowest price in the 6th street area
Olga at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.
Grab and go breakfast
Fridge and microwave in room
Free WiFi

Overall, I was fine for the few nights I was there, but next time I think I will pay more to stay at a place a little nicer and cleaner.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations during your most recent visit to Austin. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am working with our maintenance and housekeeping staff members to correct the issues in your room. As well, we are focusing on improving our cleanliness procedures to ensure these types of situations do not happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dtl@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Great spot for everything "central" and practically the only hotel on 6th. Very handy to the night life and also some shopping. There was one front desk lady that was very rude especially when checking in, but all other staff were soo helpful and gave good advice. i hardly spent any time in my room, and there was a big fridge and 2 burner stove and microwave - but sooo much great food nearby. Double glazed windows so traffic noise was very minimal!

Room Tip: all rooms are probably the same - no issues with road noise as double glazing blocks out all the noi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that someone on our staff did not attend to your needs properly during your stay. Still, we are pleased to know that the rest of the staff took such great care of you. As well, I am so glad that you enjoyed your in-room amenities and the location of our hotel.