“Good value, ask for room away from the street”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
Ranked #153 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Rice Lake, Wisconsin, United States
“Good value, ask for room away from the street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Overall our stay was pleasant, the front desk staff was very nice, the room was clean and spacious, everything worked well. The biggest reason we chose this hotel was that the location was great, right on 6th within walking distance of bars and restaurants, and the price was about $200 less than other hotels in the area (most of which are 3.5+ stars). Don't expect the Ritz if you're here, there is street noise late at night, the walls aren't super thick, but for the price it's a solid value.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the street to avoid late night noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kirby B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Kirby - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are so glad to hear that our location and our rate was a great value to you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I arrived at this hotel after midnight and they were unable to unlock the door to my reserved room. They claimed they didn't have any rooms available and refunded my money, but after an hour of unsuccessfully trying to find a room in a different hotel they finally told me they had a room to give me, and I'd just have to change rooms the next day.

Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep in that room due to noise. Every couple of minutes, some kind of machinery turned on and off on the other side of the wall; I could feel vibrations from it.

On the upside, the location is great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 31 December 2013
I appreciate you taking the to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that there was some confusion with your reservation at the time of your arrival. I discussed your comments with our team and we are looking into alternative ways to provide a timely check-in process during and after our computer audit and back-up.

The staff and I appreciate your comments as it will help us improve the level of service we wish to offer our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to contact me at dtl@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time your in town.

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

U.S.A.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

GREAT location for downtown business and evening forays on 6th. street and vicinity. That's about all that is great however. Upon entering the room I was greeted by a 3 inch waterbug that casually strolled across the floor and under my bed (or was it his bed?). I got almost no sleep thanks to an insomniac in the room above mine who paced like a caged animal, strated to call the froont desk and complain but (did I mention) the room phone was not working at all - as in dead. Quit being cheap and go with the Radisson or Omni if you want to stay downtown and get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here by all means request a room on the top floor you will sleep better.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our location; however, we apologize that the noise level did not allow you a peaceful night of rest and the bug found in your room. We have had our pest control company come in and treat the room. To prevent this from happening again, my team is to ask floor preferences, if available, at the time of check-in.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at dtl2@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

When you are not asking the world from your hotel, this place has everything you need without breaking the bank and still making it worth your while. It was right across the street from music venues and restaurants and was still quiet at night to sleep. I can't say a bad thing about this hotel.

Room Tip: Right across the street from most anything and not far from everything!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tom M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Tom - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We were delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel met with all your travel needs and location convenience.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area
Dedham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

This hotel worked well for us. It was not luxurious, but clean and well kept. We enjoyed having a full kitchen so we could have meals in our room and save 'eating out' as a treat. As Senior citizens, making the travel dollars stretch is good! It was quiet, which is always nice (no rattling carts in the hallways, no sounds of plumbing in the night, which we have experienced elsewhere). The staff were friendly and helpful. It's location worked well, too, as we had low cost places to eat within walking distance and we were close by car to downtown and grocery shopping.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and that you liked your room, especially the kitchen. As well, I am glad that our staff provided you with friendly service and that our location was ideal for your needs.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Centrally located hotel, easy walk to convention centre, near transport. Room was vey comfortable, good wifi availability and handy grab and run breakfast bar. Great if you ar ein town for business or even for a family break.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 6 September 2013
George - Thank you for your positive review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel's location and all of the amenities we had to offer were the perfect fit for your needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

First off the location is great!! Check in was slow and the hotel was apparently 100% booked the night we stayed in April 2013. I booked off of Priceline before we arrived at the hotel in Austin. I had booked two room and arrived with 3 non smokers. We were given two SMOKING rooms. I asked if we could change at least one of these rooms as the room we got smelt horrible!! The room was disgusting it smelt so bad I had to keep the window open to make it somewhat bearable. I will never stay at this hotel again and will probably never use an Extended Stay America for that matter.

Room Tip: Great place on a budget for a smoker
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the only room types available were smoking. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed your comments with the front desk staff and the housekeeping teams. We will be working very had to ensure that even our smoking rooms have a fresh aroma. Thank you for sharing your experience with us as feedback can only help us improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dtl@extendedstay.com should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.