“Double Check Your Billing”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
Ranked #155 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 15 July 2014

It was a great hotel for the price you pay. The location of the hotel was also very convenient. I stayed 2 nights and booked directly through their website with a 20% off discount for each night. At check out, I had to remind the clerk of the 20% off discount. When I recalculated the charges, they had still charged me $40 more than the actual amount I should've owed. The clerk came up with several excuses as to why this was and then proceeded to tell me that my discount was only for one night. So, I pulled up an email showing the actual price I owed and the discount for 2 nights directly from their website and was finally given my money back. This made check-out very long and inconvenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are pleased to read that you found us to be a great hotel for the value; however, please accept our apologies that the front desk clerk didn't understand how to process the promo code upon your check out. In response to your feedback, I will be meeting with all of my front desk staff to review check-in procedures with them. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and son stayed one night and checked out and went to another hotel. Although their experience was not great I do want to say that the General Manager, Zina called to follow up the review that was submitted and she was very sorry for their experience. Her customer service was fantastic. I really appreciate the fact that she took the time to find out about their experience and to make sure it is corrected for the future guests of the hotel. Thank you, Zina!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It's a good hotel, well located, and it's basically like having a small apartment, with kitchenette, a nice TV and a nice sized room. It's not luxurious, of course, but really great for its price range: clean, comfortable...

The best of it is their staff: they'll try to help you with anything you need, always with a smile.

I stayed there a couple of years ago, and now had to return to Austin and asked for the travel agent specifically for this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room for the parking lot, on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed you enjoyed your clean, spacious room and fully equipped kitchen. I’m especially proud to hear that my staff provided you with such a great experience. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We are delighted that you decided to return to our hotel after staying with us previously, and we would love to welcome you back the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Bathroom and kitchen were dirty. The bed was so uncomfortable we were relieved to be home to get a good nights sleep. We had to wait almost four hours to have our shower fixed upon arrival. The location is great, being right in the heart of downtown we walked everywhere. But that also came with all the young kids coming into to party on 6th street. We felt like we were staying in a frat house.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Now to honest I never (by choice) stay at an Extended Stay Hotel...I'm a bit of a hotel snob and prefer the higher end places. We did a last minute trip to Austin to go to The XGames and there was nothing really available down town besides this hotel. Figured it was just for one night and we were going to be at the event most of the time what the heck.
We arrived and was very happy at the location...its only a couple of blocks down 6th Street before all the 'fun" places begin. Close enough to easily walk and just far enough so its a bit more quiet.
We parked in their large parking lot (that's free BTW) and made our way to the front desk. It was the typical hotel/motel entry...not much to it at all. We sat and waited our turn to get checked it. The young Lady that waited on us was named Blessed (hope I spelled that correctly) she was amazing. Very friendly and certainly went above and beyond to try and help us by offering suggestion on things to do, places to etc. I can honestly say that SHE made the experience very pleasurable. As far as the room and the rest of the hotel...eeehhhh, it is what it is. A simple and inexpensive alternative to the big luxury hotels.
Way to go Blessed!!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the 6th Street side of the property.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Montecore1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, our parking and our friendly staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Clean, updated rooms with refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink and basic cookware. Location is perfect for going out downtown - I would definitely stay here again!

The desk clerk was also super friendly and funny!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your clean room, our location and your fully equipped kitchen during your visit with us. As well, it's great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Although I prepaid my 2 day reservation and made it almost 2 months in advance, the hotel HAD NO RECORD of it when I arrived. They said they were totally booked up, so they stuck me in a room on the FIRST FLOOR with a toilet that was leaking all over the floor. When I told the afternoon front desk about the toilet problem, she said that the part was on order and offered me more towels! The morning front desk clerk was very pleasant and kept saying nice things throughout my ordeal, but bottom line was that I was miserable during my stay and the Manager offered NOTHING to compensate, other than recommended in the future that I not book through HOTELSONE. Really, then why do they have an arrangement with HOTELSONE?? In addition, this hotel has NO AMMENITIES, not even a restroom in the "LOBBY"!! Oh wait, they did offer coffee, and prepackaged muffins until 9:00 and when I went to get a second cup of coffee, it was already put away, but they were brewing another pot for the staff, so the pleasant desk clerk allowed me to get another cup...tasted horrible, full of coffee grinds! The lack of amenities turned out to be a real issue for me, as the temperature was in the 90's and my family member was not able to break away from their business meetings, so I tried walking around the city, but it was fruitless in the hear. The hotel has there no place to sit and read, no pool, etc. and the room only had one curtain, so when I tried to "open" the room with more light, I was startled my someone walking by. This place is basically rooms on a parking lot.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Debbie - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am working with our staff to minimize issues with reservations in the future and improve our offerings.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at dtl@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.