Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
W Austin(Austin)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationkitchen areagrab and gobars and restaurantsbudget hotelsmall kitchennight lifewalking distancespacious roomguadalupestovebridgebats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Well, we knew the this was not going to be the Ritz. It was 160 bucks-- which is cheap for 6 th street in Austin. The check in was great. Erika is a sweetheart! Keep her. She gave us a great lunch suggestion (Gloria's) excellent mexican. Also, Clayton was also super helpful with a map and telling us where to go and what to see. Upon entry in the room, our first impression was the rust covered fridge. Kinda yuck. Next the bed cover was grimy, I mean like dirt that has been building. Under that there were clean sheets and we figured we would get through it. A sit on the hopper revealed black mildew under the sink rim. Kinda unpleasant to look at. Honestly,we were skeeved so we didn't even take a shower in the morning. The room was OK. We were right in the middle of 6 th street about 3-4 blocks from "Dirty" Sixth. Honestly, Austin broke my heart. This is just a place where people come to get as drunk as possible. Go to Congress street. Much cooler, quieter and friendlier. I just feel like, OK, 6th street, been there done that. I guess I was 20 years too old.

Room Tip: It is the cheapest place on 6th street. If you get drunk enough, I guess you won't care.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and the excellent service you received; however, I do apologize for the unacceptable cleanliness issues in your room and bathroom. Please know that as this hotel's manager, I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review cleanliness standards and ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dtl2@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I recently booked a two night stay at this hotel and went somewhere else for the second night. The proximity of the hotel to 6th street is ideal. However the area is not safe. There are homeless people everywhere. One went into an uncontrollable rage while we were in Starbucks which was very frightening. Upon entering the room there was a distinct odor. The carpet was very dirty which I suspect is the source of the odor. In addition, there was a brown liquid stain on the air conditioning unit that had been there for awhile. Since we were only staying 2 days, daily housekeeping was not available to us! If one wants daily housekeeping there is an additional fee for short stays. While in the lobby another guest came down to complain that the trash left in his room by the previous occupants was never cleaned despite having reported it two days ago! I have
to say, however, that the people at the reception desk are very nice. Clayton was especially helpful in pointing out things to visit in the area. However, for 149.00 a night I personally don't think it was worth the money.

Room Tip: Book a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness during your stay is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Please know that I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review cleanliness standards and ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I am so sorry to hear that you did not feel safe at our location. We work very hard at Extended Stay America to ensure that our guests are safe. Please know that I will be sharing your concerns with our security team to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at dtl@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had to warn you about Extended Stay America hotels. I stayed at the one in Mishawaka, Indiana, and it was terrible. The floor was not well vacuumed; housekeeping is once a week; you have to exchange your towels at the front desk; the breakfast is coffee, tea, hot chocolate; apple, orange; nut bar, and Quaker oats you make yourself with hot water. The phone did not work so, instead of fixing it, they just unplugged it. There was a hole in the floor where there probably was a door stop.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay at Extended Stay America Hotels.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Could be nice if they took the time to upgrade and clean. The linens, towels, and washcloths are all old and nasty. I guess there was a reason this was the only hotel available in this area of Austin.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Johnson399
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to our attention. We are very disappointed to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us. We have inspected your room to ensure there are no bed bugs. We are also inspecting all of our linens to make sure they are meeting our hotel's standards.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided, so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will contact us directly, at dtl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

It was a great hotel for the price you pay. The location of the hotel was also very convenient. I stayed 2 nights and booked directly through their website with a 20% off discount for each night. At check out, I had to remind the clerk of the 20% off discount. When I recalculated the charges, they had still charged me $40 more than the actual amount I should've owed. The clerk came up with several excuses as to why this was and then proceeded to tell me that my discount was only for one night. So, I pulled up an email showing the actual price I owed and the discount for 2 nights directly from their website and was finally given my money back. This made check-out very long and inconvenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are pleased to read that you found us to be a great hotel for the value; however, please accept our apologies that the front desk clerk didn't understand how to process the promo code upon your check out. In response to your feedback, I will be meeting with all of my front desk staff to review check-in procedures with them. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.