“comfortable place with friendly staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin - Airport
Ranked #33 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“comfortable place with friendly staff”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The room was big and clean. It was a little expensive. It is very close to the airport and the F1 circuit but far from downtown.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed there when I was up in Austin for the F1 race. The staff provided me with good information regarding how to get to the race without hassles and gave heads up on the traffic situation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Steve H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin - Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us.
We appreciate your observations and will review the issues you relay.
We look forward to serving you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

From the beginning, the front desk manager didn't allow his staff to check guests in because he wanted to discuss paperwork with his staff even though there were 3 couples waiting and one guest holding on the phone. When we did get to the desk, we weren't even greeted with a hello. we were greeted with, "credit card" in an abrupt tone. Not even a please or a thank you. As a trend I have been seeing in other Hamptons where I have stayed in Downtown Austin, Chicago, and STL, the pillows flat out suck. The bathroom was clean, but as a tall guy the counter was really low and looked like it came from a 1970s hotel even though it had a "new" sprayed on epoxy finish. With regards to the breakfast, the fruit selection was poor and the eggs were not that great. It was the least hospitable Hampton we have stayed in. It was our first time here and will not return to this location even though I am in Austin 2-3 times a year in business. I stayed at the Hilton downtown Austin Monday night for a business meeting. For $50 more a night, I got an awesome room with great pillows, very professional and courteous staff, and I got the concierge floor access that included a GREAT continental breakfast and evening dinner.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I enjoyed my short stay here. The room was quiet overall, though be prepared for early morning flights taking off at Austin Bergstrom Airport. I was able to watch planes land and takeoff from my hotel room window.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

league city
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hampton is above average. Since it is above average and a great location, many families and leisure people stay at location. So it may be slightly noisier than most, with predominantly families with kids. Service and accommodations were great. Love the free breakfast in the mornings. I usually travel during the week so I am not accustomed to the noise on the weekends from families.

Brookline, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel met the expectations of a property in its brand. It is very convenient, except for road construction in the neighborhood which the hotel can't avoid, and the staff was friendly and efficient. There were minor maintenance problems in one room that did not seriously detract from the quality of my guest experience.

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. The staff is accommodating, helpful and friendly. My room was comfortable, although the air conditioner was a little loud. There are no microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms but if you ask it will be provided. The fitness center is nice. This hotel provides a light dinner with drinks in the evening which is very nice touch. Enjoyed my stay and will be staying again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The bathroom had cracks in the tub area, and the towels didn't smell fresh. The maid opened our door at 9 am while we were in bed. Our keys didn't work when we tried reentry after being at the pool and we had to walk all the way around to the front doors of the hotel. The coffee and teas in the lobby were appreciated. I am a Hilton employee and therefore received a discounted rate, but I would not recommend this hotel for the regular room rate - the quality was barely above Motel 6 standards. There is no spa/hot tub and the pool is outdoors, and so had bugs and leaves in the water.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple