“Nice place but nothing special.”

Hilton Austin Airport
Ranked #62 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I booked this location for a work training because of the location near the airport. Although I personally didn't book the meeting room, my colleague did she had several issues. The proposal for the meeting room came back with a title of "Wedding Party" and this was not a wedding, it also had a different price than discussed. We also asked for lunch to be served and we were told we couldn't have a mix of sandwiches and that they all needed to be the same. Needless to say, we were dissapointed... The room was nice and clean and the service was good. I ordered room service twice during my stay and the food was very bland. I would compare it to hospital food. This hotel is located very close to the airport and they offer a free shuttle to and from the airport. Because of the proximity to the airport there were a lot of pilots and flight crew that stayed at this hotel. The building is unique and has an interesting background. It was a nice place to stay but wouldn't be my first choice next time around.

• Stayed: April 2012
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the dining experience you expected for your meeting and room service order. We are constantly innovating our menu offerings and your comments will help us improve in this area. We also apologize for the issues booking the meeting. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed 4 April 2012

You can't beat this hotel for its convenience to the airport, but it's not the best in the Hilton family of hotels. Although clean, the rooms are dated. The staff is nice but the front desk could be a little more helpful and professional. Upon check out another guest and I were waiting for someone to come to the front desk to help us. I looked around the corner and one of the ladies was knocked out asleep in the back. I understand it was early but... By far the best service I encountered was from each of the shuttle drivers. They were great"

Stayed: April 2012
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for your review. We are just 2 minutes from the terminal and with our complimentary shuttles that makes for a quick and easy trip to catch your flight. We have recently completed renovations to our restaurant, bar and lobby. We are also renovating carpet in the guest floor hallways this year and look forward to a refresh of the guestrooms. We sincerely appreciate your comments. Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience if you would like to discuss your experience.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2012

From the outside it appears that this property may be a bit dated, but after walking in that changes. The common areas in the lobby are beautiful and spacious. The restaurant actually serves decent food for a airport property, and the shared open WIFI computer workspace is great.

The rooms themselves have very comfortable beds with upgraded linens and pillows. Nice desk and workspace area in the room. Surprisingly quiet for a airport property.

The shuttle runs every 20 minutes starting on the hour to the airport and it was very punctual, a huge plus with me.

The staff was great, from the front desk to housekeeping. One particular employee, Keneshia W., really went above and beyond. I realized I had left my phone charger home and my phone battery was just about gone, Keneshia offered the use of her personal charger as long as it was back before the end of her shift. That is really going above and beyond and was very appreciated.

I would stay here again without hesitation while in Austin on business. In summary a great property and great staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you for the great comments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We have recently revised our restaurant menus to focus on local and sustainable ingredients and it is great to be getting such good feedback from our guests. We all have a lot of pride in guest service and it's great to see the staff taking personal action for our guests. I will make sure that Keneshia receives your kudos. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I are here from Houston, Tx for business. When we arrived inside, we noticed that the hotel has an old scent to it. At Check in, we were not told where our room was located or where the elevators were. We made it to our floor and noticed that the carpet and walls are dirty--In the room trying to order room service, the phones in the room were not working-- Went to front desk to order room service and was told to call the main number and I will be transferred to room service. But because I knew my order, it was ok to place it at the front desk-- Engineering came pressed buttons on the phone, tapped it, unplugged it, plugged it back....there is another phone in the room that works if the button doesn't get stuck! We received cold food on dirty plates. Booked for 2 nights, but leaving first thing in the morning. I will never come to this place again!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

I am very sorry that we did not live up to our standards during your stay. I can assure you that these situations are not common at our hotel and your experience will be addressed with the staff so that we do not make the same mistakes again. I do hope that you would give us another chance so that we can show our true Hilton hospitality.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Had a king room on the second floor. Very spacious and clean. The staff is very friendly. Breakfast and dinner in the restaurant is very good. The gym has a couple of elliptical machines and treadmills (all have small tvs), and weights.
I noticed that the hotel is eco-friendly with low lighting, cards when needing to replace linen, showerheads, etc. My pet-peeve is that some simple things are not taken care of. In my room the bathub spout leaked when showering.
Had to pay top dollar for the room, due to making a late reservation and the hotel supposedly being full. (I guess a good thing is that I couldn't tell that the hotel was full). Personally, I don't feel any hotel is worth the high price, but I needed a room.
I would stay here again; hopefully at a better rate.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for noticing our efforts in sustainability. We are proud to be a Green Seal certified hotel. Our sustainability practices range from using compact fluorescent bulbs, to a farm to table concept in our restaurant. I’m sorry to hear about the leaky bath faucet. If there is ever anything wrong with your room, just contact the front desk and our engineering team will be happy to take care of it.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed quite recently. Was upgraded to a suite, which was great, but the suite faced the interior of the hotel, so pretty much had to keep drapes closed. Lighting in the 'living room' area was weak, could never really make the room decently bright. Bed extremely comfortable, great amenities, and very quiet. Breakfast in the morning was very good, with the (included) option of various dishes from the kitchen (omelettes, french toast, etc.)

Very convenient to airport, it's a 2 minute shuttle ride. Call when you get your bags and it will be waiting for you. Price is a bit high, but it's very conveniently located for a late night arrival.

Room Tip: Outside of circle, not inside.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
AUSAHHF, Director of Sales at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. As a Green Seal Certified hotel we use lightbulbs that meet strict energy efficiency standards which is why the lighting in our guest rooms may seem a bit dim at times. This is just one aspect of our sustainability program to reduce our environmental footprint! Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel design is circular, Rotunda style architecture. My room was in the interior which, presented a different experience because your window faces the expanded lobby Inner circle with a view of the lounge. Depending on how your curtains are drawn, there is also a view of you. If exercising is important to you, you will certainly get some because of the long walks to get to and from your room and the elevators. On the first floor you may cut down your long walk by cutting through the expanded lobby. Parking can use some logistical changes to make a better flow from parking lot to your room.

Great proximity to Austin's airport.

Room Tip: Try the interior rooms, it's a different experience.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Yes, our hotel's shape certainly is unique. Previously utilized by the United States Air Force the building served as the strategic air command center during the Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War and Desert Storm. The distinctive architecture has permitted the hotel to be termed the 'donut' due to the completely round shape of the facility with it being open to a lovely atrium in the center. And like the great state of Texas this hill-country inspired hotel offers some wide-open spaces! Thanks again for your review.