“Good hotel, not 4 star” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Flower Mound, Texas
“Good hotel, not 4 star”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

This hotel was nice but shouldn't be a 4 star rating. We found a bag of Whataburger trash with food and ketchup in it from the last guest. We took it down to the front desk and gave it to Mack, the front desk clerk and he said "Oh, I'll throw it away for you. " Not, I'm sorry, or anything else. We also called downstairs for a cab so we wouldn't have to wait but they never called it for us until we showed up out front, making us wait anyway. Give it a 3 star rating and be pleasantly surprised. Good thing we got this through Hotwire for a low price. Otherwise we would not be happy paying the rack rate!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am sorry to hear about finding trash in your room as well as the response you received from our desk agent. I know it was an inconvenience to wait on a cab as well. I want to let you know that these issues have been addressed with our staff. We take pride in providing exceptional guest service. I apologize that we missed the mark on your stay.
Jason Roberts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Little Elm, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Throwing out the convention/meeting taking place at this hotel during our stay, the Hilton stay was merely average and especially when compared to other hotels I have stayed recently and even within the Hilton brand. The hotel itself is nice and appealing both when you pull up and when you enter the lobby (Note: On the night of our check in there was extremely loud club type music coming from the bar area which made the whole hotel seem more like a club/bar than a hotel but again I am not factoring it to the rating because it was part of the convention/meeting). The front desk staff was not terribly friendly but they were proficient in their jobs. Upon arriving in our room, the first item of note was that the TV was on and a few things seemed "out of place" giving it the appearance that someone else had previously been assigned the room and decided they did not like it and the hotel failed to complete a reset. That aside, the room was well equiped with coffee maker, in room safe, tv, desk with wired internet access, seating chair and two double beds. I stayed with my family of 4 total in the room and the beds were slightly larger than twins. On top of this the beds may have been the most uncomfortable beds I have encountered in a hotel in sometime. They felt very similar to the old inner spring mattresses which most hotels have moved away from in some capacity. The shower was nice with good water pressure and an oversized shower head. The pool is a saline pool instead of the traditional chlorine pool and was very nice albeit did seem a little dirty but in its defense we were there in the final hour before it was due to close. Parking at the hotel is $11 nightly for self park or $15 for valet. The ticket provided is basically useless as the rate is automatically charged to your room. The check out process was quick and easy and the desk attendants present seemed much more concerned about their jobs and the welfare of the customers than those I experienced at check in. While I probably would stay here again, I don't know that it would be at the top of my list especially if comperable hotels were available at comperable nightly rates.

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. We’re sorry you didn’t experience a good night’s sleep; we know how important that is to our guests. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. We look forward to your next stay with us and the opportunity to show you the best of what we have to offer. Thank you once again for your comments.
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

An enjoyable stay. Room was very nice except I did not find the double beds very comfortable at all. I'm usually in a king bed when I stay there which I have had no problems with. I would avoid the double beds. Check in was quick but I had to ask for my breakfast coupons as a diamond member. Breakfast was very nice. Hallways could use some updating, especially the carpets.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and I also wanted to mention that we have been in the process of installing new carpets in the guest room corridors. We have recently completed floors 2 and 3. The fourth floor will be complete by the end of August. We look forward to your next stay and we will do our best to get you into a king bed.
Best regards,
Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

This Hilton gets 5 stars. It was excellent. Cleanliness, friendliness, service, and a very comfortable bed & pillows made our stay exceptional. It was an oasis of peace and quiet right next to an airport no less. If I could improve on one thing I would say the breakfast was just o.k. compared to the excellent food we had the night before. I would highly recommend this hotel. An added plus for us as we had to travel with a cat - they accept pets which was extremely helpful.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

Unusually nice airport hotel - spacious, clean and attractive. Staff very nice and rooms nicely appointed. Restaurant and bar offered great service and food. Quiet, relaxing, and nice pool outside. Free transportation to terminal and inexpensive option to travel downtown.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PapaYankee
Dear Guest,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our chef has created a great farm to table menu and she will be happy to hear you liked it. I will pass along the kudos to all of our staff. We hope to see you again soon.
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Super cozy bed and pillows. Very clean room. Clean fresh towels. Rooms are large. Bathrooms are pretty good size. As far as just the room it is great. Pool is outside and is very pretty. Breakfast is very expensive and so is parking. Those are the only draw backs.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Guest,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Personally I think our salt water pool is one of the highlights of the hotel and I like our beds so much I bought one for home! Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again soon.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I arrived on a flight around midnight, and caught the airport shuttle after a 15 minute wait. The lobby area was impressive, with a unique circular design which centers around the bar/food area. Absolutely no complaints about the room either, the bed was very comfortable and clean, as one would expect for a higher end hotel. We spent only about 8 hours at the hotel, just enough time to sleep and eat breakfast, but they were nice enough to let us keep our bags at the desk while we visited downtown Austin. One downside was that there is not much food immediately around the hotel, so you are pretty much stuck there if you do not have a car. They have an expensive hotel restaurant (did not try) and a limited Starbucks. One tip for those with a little extra time, the Capitol Metro (bus) stops right at the hotel, and for $1 will bring you to downtown Austin as well as many other locations.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the compliments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. While there is not much around us, the shuttle is an excellent way to see the sights of Austin. It’s a quick trip to downtown so even on a one night stay you can still get out to check out the action. I’m glad you were able to enjoy the city and we look forward to your next stay with us.