“Great- but not perfect!”

Hilton Austin Airport
Ranked #58 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I have stayed here MANY times- often arriving at night. The food is good. I enjoy the restaurant, and the hotel lay-out is unique and VERY cool! The hotel is VERY clean, the staff awesome. I LOVE the staff of the restaurant- and have gotten to know them. I can honestly say- it is one of the nicest hotel I have stayed at, and would use any excuse to come back.....however....being a business traveler, the ONE thing we need the most is access to the internet.
Forget it if you do not have an interior room, If you have a room facing the outside- forget about having a connection!
They are happy to tell you that you are welcome to go to the lobby and get the access. Well- that MIGHT work, however, if you have peperwork that is needed in doing your work, there is no place to spread out and do it. Forget the fact that it is just so stupid to have to gather all of your things together and go to that much extra effort. So- finding the balance is a challange. It is amazing to me that when I have stayed down the road and a lower-price hotel, I have NO problem getting the internet in my room. Simple- I don't have to get dressed and haul all of my stuff to the lobby- I can get comfortable, relax and do my work in comfort, making it feel like I am not "on the clock" I can have my TV- eat in my room and do my work.
Once you guy get that fixed...I will be back! Until then, I'll just go grab some dinner, then head on down the road to a less expensive hotel, and relax in my room, and get my work done. I'll miss you guys!

Room Tip: If you need internet ( and in this day and age, who doesn't- do NOT get a room facing out. You w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that we have provided you with such great service. We understand the inconvenience of not having wireless internet in the rooms and we are currently working on a solution. For the time being we are offering complimentary wired internet in all of our guest rooms as well as complimentary wireless internet in our lobby areas. We hope that our great staff and superior service keep you coming back until we have our wireless installed.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Austin Airport

Reviewed 22 September 2012

This Hilton is located very close to the airport and is an excellent place to stay if you have to be close. The layout is very nice with a large inner space where you will find a bar and restaraunt. It also has an average workout room and a pool where you can relax.
The checkin was fast and friendly, they were waiting for us with keys ready. The rooms were very nice with a nice view from virtually all the rooms. the rooms were comfortable and very up to date with good wired internet connections.
Parking is a bit on the expensive side so have the van pick you up from the airport.

If you like this please mark helpful.
Thanks
Berny

Room Tip: All the rooms are fairly nice with either a view outside or to the inner court.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return. We will be seeing updates to our fitness facility soon and our heated saltwater pool is enjoyable year around. We are literally two minutes from the terminal so it is super convenient to have our shuttle pick you up or drop you off.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Attractive building, beautiful atrium. Room was average -- even a bit dated -- maybe it was the heavy drapery for a hot texas evening? Greeting was lackluster, some staff standing around me laughing loudly was rather odd. Asked for a 4am wakeup -- it never came!! Glad I used my i-phone as back up, or I would have missed my flight.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize for your experiences with the staff as well as the missed wake up call. We did not live up to our standard of service and these issues have been addressed with our team members. Our goal is to go above and beyond for each of our guests. If we can ever do anything to help make your stay more enjoyable please let us know. We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a reunion. There were some logistical questions and I talked to the front desk manager who very professionally straightened out the issue. He was very competent and easy to deal with. Our stay was very comfortable and the food was well above good. The whole experience at this great property will have us return the next time we are in Austin. The hotel also gave us good value for our stay. I recommend this hotel with emphasis.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your compliments to the front desk and the Chef. They will be happy to hear they were able to make you stay pleasurable. As always, if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable just let us know. We are happy to accommodate any request within our abilities. We look forward to your next stay.
Jason Roberts.

Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

This Hilton is actually on the airport property, so it would be really
convenient if you were flying
into/out of Austin. We booked a
room to stay the same day on hotwire
for only $71/night, which was a great deal for this property. Our room was
large, the bed was comfortable and the shower was excellent. The air conditioning works too well, our room was freezing when we first walked in (but I've found this to be the case in most places I visit in Texas) but we were easily able to adjust the temperature. The room was also very quiet; we weren't able to hear toilets / showers from adjoining rooms. Overall I thought it was a very nice hotel & wonderful for the price!

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Next time you are with us we hope you have the time to enjoy some of our amenities. We have a heated saltwater pool in a relaxing environment that is great for spending an afternoon sunning or playing with the kids. We also offer a fitness room complete with treadmills, exercise bikes and free weights. Our restaurant and bar offers a farm to table menu created by our Chef as well as an excellent wine list and a selection of local craft brewed draft beer. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Have stayed here a couple of times when I've had an early flight the next morning. Rooms are spacious and the staff are professional and helpful. The food is adequate and they open up for breakfast at 6:00. Shuttles run every 20 minutes and the airport is at most 5 minutes away. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more pleasurable please don’t hesitate to let us know. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We, parents and a 6 year old and 8 month old stayed at the Austin HIlton Downtown the first night for the Lego Kidfest. With UT game and the holiday weekend, the hotel oversold. They wanted $300. for the second night so we looked elsewhere.
I looked at several I-35 motels and just wasn't excited so I checked this one out and loved the pictures of the pool and the atrium. What a pleasant surprise to stay here. The atrium and "in the round" configuration is nice for a change of scenery and the salt water pool is refreshing.
When Rudy, the bellman checked us into the room, both of us smelled a hint of smoke. I believe the entire hotel is a non-smoking facility. Rudy was miffed and called the front desk. I said, no way because the hotel was also oversold. Well, they immediately changed the room and we ended up with a bigger, inside facing room ! Nice surprise. Thank you Rudy.
Last, Toni our waitress at the restaurant was quite the conversationalist ! She lived in Alaska and we enjoyed talking to her. The food is pricey but very good-they boast of local products and their homemade dressings were off the charts- tequila lime..etc. and there is a really interesting selection of Texas tap boutique type brews on the menu. Never expected these things at a airport hotel. There is also a Starbucks kiosk inside. The rate also was very nice at $139. They have to charge for parking - $12/night because of the airport thing. All in all, very pleasant stay. P.s. NEVER heard an airport noise.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
We love to receive reviews like this one. I am happy to hear that our staff took good care of you and that you were pleased with your stay. Our goal is to go above and beyond for all of our guests. We put a lot of emphasis on Local and Sustainable practices and our restaurant is just one area where you can experience that. The majority of our menu consists of locally grown ingredients, and like our dressings are hand crafted in house. We even have our own garden where we grow seasonal vegetables such as heirloom tomatoes, peppers and watermelon! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Now that you have discovered us, we hope to see you next time you are in town.