“Good for One Night” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Tampa, Florida
“Good for One Night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

This hotel is always decent. Like the very close proximity to the airport and the very open structure makes it a fun place for a visit and a quick stay. Rooms are very nice, but a bit dated and could use a bit of a renovation. The largest problem I have is there is no wireless in the rooms - you get wired service in the rooms. Now if you have a room that faces the interior the wifi might work or phase in and out. Was very much of a pain. Also, last time I stayed my shower curtain had hair and razor stubble from the previous occupant which I thought was pretty gross. Not a vacation spot, but if you need a clean place to say close to the airport for business, it is worth a decent rate.

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces the atrium on the inside so your in-room wifi will work.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about the condition of the bathroom during your stay.
We have addressed this with our staff to avoid further issues.
We do offer complimentary wired internet in the rooms and complimentary wifi in our atrium lobby.
We are currently planning the installation of wifi throughout the hotel including guestrooms.
We appreciate having you as our guest and we look forward to your next stay.
Jason Roberts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

picked this place because of price and location. actually received a better rate here than at the hampton inn down the road. nice clean facility - right at the airport which was really convenient. rooms were clean, up to date, and comfortable. staff was super friendly. would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return.
Midland, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed here on Tuesday night of this week. I made the reservation the night before. Didn't have any trouble at all.

I didn't get finished with my business till about 10:30 PM. I thought I'd go to bed without any dinner. I was surprised they serve food in the restaurant/bar till midnight. That was a great surprise. I had a very good cheese burger with sweet potato fries. My waitress was as nice as she could be!

The room was nice and clean. It was a great place to take a quick shower and hop into bed. My room faced the inner part of the hotel where the restaurant is. It was very quiet and comfortable. There were plenty of towels and nice sundries.

I ordered room service for breakfast as I needed to get an early start. It was good and was right on time. I just hung a menu on the door indicating what I wanted, and it arrived like clockwork the next morning.

No problems. If you need to stay close to the airport and want a nice, clean, well-priced hotel, this is a great place for you.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
In an effort to accomidate all of our guests as best as possible our Lobby Lounge serves a full menu from 2pm to midnight. Our room service serves a full menu from 6am to 11:pm and a limited menu between 11pm and 6am. Our full service restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 6am to 11pm. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

I don't have anything negative to say about this hotel, for as close as it is to the airport I never heard a thing from my room and had a very good nights rest the shuttle was very convenient and was ready promptly at 0440 to get me to the airport on time. The staff and accommodations were both excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Our proximity to the airport and our complimentary shuttle make for an easy early morning flight.
Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit.
sincerely,
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Austin Airport last week, and it was an enjoyable stay. It was our first time in Austin and we arrived rather late, getting to the hotel around 11pm as our flight from NYC came in late. The lady at the front desk was a bit frazzled as it seemed that she was the only person on duty, and had to liaise with the shuttle driver, answering phones, and checking people in. She wasn't overly friendly, but processed my check in. No HHonors Gold welcome, and after going up to our room realized the agent made no mention of what the wi-fi password was (free for HHonors Gold members) or where our complimentary breakfast was. We went back down and after waiting 20 minutes for her to check in two pilots and check out of group, she gave me our breakfast voucher (albeit for one day only, despite a two night stay...)

The property is conveniently located next to AUS, so if you have an aversion to airplane noise, this probably isn't the place for you. It's also easy to get onto local streets and highways to make the 10-15 minute drive to downtown from the hotel. The shuttle drivers are super nice, and one of them was very helpful giving us some tips on where to go as he drove us to the airport to get our rental car.

Overall a decent stay - rooms are standard Hilton, and I love them. VERY comfortable bed and light as a feather pillows. A very special thanks to the girls at the bar who stayed open a little past last call and got us drinks and some hot food upon due to our late arrival.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear Guest,
I’m sorry to hear that your arrival was not as smooth as it should have been. I have passed this information on to our Front Desk Manager so that we don’t repeat these mistakes.
Our wifi and in room cabled internet is complimentary to all guests and does not require a password. Internet in the meeting spaces does require a password for access.
I’m glad to hear that we were able to make up for the bumpy check in experience with our service throughout your stay. I will make sure to pass along the compliments. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to see you next time you’re in town.
Jason Roberts.
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

I only stay at Hilton's. This place is exactly why. Right at the airport but could hear no planes. Room was huge, clean and comfortable. The entire property was spotless. Has the most beautiful pool area for an airport hotel--would be great for a family. Price was $159 and that crazy cheap for this property Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great comments! We take a lot of pride in keeping our hotel in immaculate condition. It’s good to see the hard work noticed. I will pass along your compliments to our staff, it will make their day. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next stay.
fort wor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

A quick weekend getaway to enjoy the weekend with my girlfrind. Booked the hotel on Hotwire for $59. A great value considering all the downtown hotels were at least $40 more through the same site. My first concern was, "Airport". How far is the hotel from all the hotspots in the downtown area and what is the traffic situation. No Worries! A ten minute drive via several possible routes with limited traffic will yield you to all the main attractions.
Pulling up to the hotel, you have two parking options: Self parking or Valet for $5 more. We chose valet. The hotel is very unique in that it's essentially like a donut where all the rooms are in a circle and in the middle is a huge atrium that contains a rather large seating area, bar and resteraunt. The room is very business purposed although internet was via an ethernet and wifi was limited to the lobby area. Room was very clean and sleep was enjoyable. Perfect for an inexpensive trip to Austin!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We are just minutes away from downtown Austin. If you want to avoid the downtown traffic and parking, there is a shuttle that picks up right in front of our hotel. Just $2 round trip, it makes stops at all of the popular downtown spots. Our hotel was formerly the command center for the 12th Air Force. During that time it was actually nicknamed “The Donut” by those stationed here.
Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you next time you’re in town.
Jason Roberts.