“Awesome Stay for the Price”

Hilton Austin Airport
Ranked #49 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Austin, Texas
“Awesome Stay for the Price”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed one night at the Hilton Austin Airport as a quick mini-vacation away from my husband and son. I wanted a clean, comfortable place where I could watch TV, take naps and order room service. The Hilton delivered from beginning to (almost) end. I was greeted with a voucher for a free drink at the bar (little touches go a long way) and every staff member I encountered was great. I'd like to give special notice to one employee that I encountered twice (I believe his name was Cody?) who was exceptionally pleasant ... he was so nice, in fact, that I found myself buying a muffin from him at the café. I don't even eat muffins. I'm gluten intolerant.

My room was clean, it smelled great and the bed was super comfortable. The internet was in and out a bit, but pretty reliable. My *only* complaint was the way they timed a safety drill: the alarms went off and the elevators were blocked off *precisely* at check-out time, leaving me to awkwardly lug my suitcase down four floors ... not the ideal way to end an otherwise relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the nice comments. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We all need a little getaway from time to time to relax and refresh! I will pass along your compliments to Cody. He is a great asset to our team. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the fire drill. We are required to perform them twice a year and there is never really a good time to do it. We do try to notify all of our guests of time it will occur upon check in. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Jason Roberts.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Korean first
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This is a giant circular hotel with bar, restaurant and coffee shop in the center covered courtyard. You can get either an outside room (facing the parking lot and airport) or an inside room (facing the courtyard). Ours was an inside room which nice as you could see what was happening at the bar/restaurant. We assumed that these rooms were quieter than the outside rooms but that's just a guess. It's a modern building. The shuttle to the airport leaves every 20 minutes on the hour. It takes about 4 minutes or less to get to the first stop (United).

Room Tip: If you park in the hotel lot, do not forget to register your car at the front desk. They do tow.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. I’m glad you had a good stay. Our restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with menus focused on local sustainable ingredients. Our lobby bar, open from 2pm to midnight, also features local craft brews and locally distilled spirits. On your next stay check out our salt water pool and spa as well as our gardens located in the courtyard where we grow fresh ingredients used in our restaurant!
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel. I needed something close to the airport for one night, with intention of picking up an airport rental car the next morning. The Hilton turned out to be a great find. The hotel (apparently at one time the building was part of the original airport terminal complex) is almost within throwing distance of the airport --- the complimentary shuttle ride seemed like a two minute drive. Despite the proximity to the airport, the rooms are very quiet. My room was spotless/very clean, comfortable bed, just great. The layout of the hotel is very much like an Embassy Suites floor plan. The next morning it was a 2 minute ride back to the airport. I liked everything about this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thanks for the great review. I’m glad to hear we took good care of you. We are the closest hotel to the airport and still just a 10 minute drive to downtown Austin. Our building was formerly the command headquarters for the 14th Air Force during Vietnam and the cold war. Those stationed here nicknamed it the “roundagon” or the “donut” due to the shape of the building.
Thanks again and see you soon,
LUBBOCK, TX
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We booked this place on on Travelocity with the "secret hotels" link and got a pretty good rate of a little over $100 for a Sat night. We thought it was a pretty hotel. Sheets were spotless and bed was very comfortable. Great view of the lobby. It's a big round building - old army base or something - I think I read somewhere. Easy access to get downtown-maybe takes like 10 minutes at the most. Felt safe with self parking although it would be nice if there were not extra nickel and dime charges such as 12$ self parking. My only complaint would be for the cleaning staff to a second look. We'd found a hair on the side of the bathtub - but it could have been one of the maid's hair peices b/c it really did look like it was clean. I think just a good inspection of the room after it was cleaned would have taken care of that. Oh, and also the curtains where they crease were a little dirty...should be replaced. Other than that, we really enjoyed it and would stay here again for the value, the beautiful lobby area, nice clean smell, good service, and easy access to downtown area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the compliments. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and that our staff took good care of you. I have asked housekeeping to pay special attention to the areas you mentioned above. We look forward to your next stay,
Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed here because my flight left early in the morning and I wanted to be as close as possible to the airport. The Hilton is on airport property and it takes just a few minutes in the transfer bus to the terminal. The bus runs every 20 minutes and starts at 4am so great for those early flights.

It's an interesting circular building converted when the airport was built on what was an Air force Base. Rooms either look in to a really nice atrium or outside - which could be at the terminal building or towards Austin or the Texas countryside.

I ate a late dinner in the bar where the service was excellent and the room was modern, clean and comfortable.

My only problem with my booking was that I made the mistake of pre-paying to get what I thought was a low rate. Two days later the rate dropped $40 and stayed that way until I checked in but as I'd pre-payed I was not able to get it changed - I would not advise pre-paying! Next time I'm going to try one of the other big-chain hotels nearby as they are not much further form the airport (e.g. Courtyard) and rates generally seem to be lower.

Room Tip: You might want to try requesting an inward-looking (atrium) or outward facing room if you have a pre...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotels amenities.
If you have further questions about the room rate please feel free to call me at the hotel.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The Hilton Austin Airport is a very nice overnight stay. It is very clean and kept up to date as far as furnishings are concerned. Overall the hotel looks to be well taken care of. As with most Hilton's that i have stayed at, the room was comfortable and the bed GREAT! I had a king with pillows galore. Despite being next to the airport, the hotel is very quiet. I had no problem sleeping which i appreciated as i had to rise early for an full day of business meetings. The hotel has a free shuttle from and to the airport which makes for a convenient 5 minute drive.

I would highly recommend this hotel for that night before an early morning flight where you don't feel like getting up at 4 am for a 6:30 flight.

The breakfast buffet is great and a better value than anything a la carte. You can essentially pay for the buffet but order eggs or omelets to your liking.

Just an overall nice stay for the weary traveler.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for the great review! We do make an early morning flight much more bearable. You pretty much covered it all: great beds, quiet rooms, good nights sleep, excellent breakfast, a friendly staff and a hassle free ride to the terminal. Come see us again soon!
Alameda, California
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I travel a lot and I usually stay at Starwood hotels, but while at SXSW this year i stayed at the Hilton Austin Airport. The receptionist wasn't very nice and she looked like she had just got out of bed and was bothered by having to check me in. I was there four nights total. Two of the three nights I order wine to my room after midnight (which is when they stop serving room service) with no problem. But the last night when i called, the told me that they could only sell me half bottle or full bottle. i explained that i got just a glass in previous nights, and she argued with me that this was not possible. This people are very unprofessional and not very nice. This is not a hotel I would want to stay at again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry about the service you received on your last night with us. I have addressed these issues with our staff as well as conducted a retraining on the available items for our late night service.
Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.