Hilton Austin Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
1,154 results
All reviewshilton austinair forcean early morning flightrental carfree shuttleshuttle serviceper daynext morningbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelone night staybed was comfortableself parkingatriumconveniencecircuitamericas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed one night at the Hilton Austin Airport as a quick mini-vacation away from my husband and son. I wanted a clean, comfortable place where I could watch TV, take naps and order room service. The Hilton delivered from beginning to (almost) end. I was greeted with a voucher for a free drink at the bar (little touches go a long way) and every staff member I encountered was great. I'd like to give special notice to one employee that I encountered twice (I believe his name was Cody?) who was exceptionally pleasant ... he was so nice, in fact, that I found myself buying a muffin from him at the café. I don't even eat muffins. I'm gluten intolerant.

My room was clean, it smelled great and the bed was super comfortable. The internet was in and out a bit, but pretty reliable. My *only* complaint was the way they timed a safety drill: the alarms went off and the elevators were blocked off *precisely* at check-out time, leaving me to awkwardly lug my suitcase down four floors ... not the ideal way to end an otherwise relaxing stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the nice comments. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We all need a little getaway from time to time to relax and refresh! I will pass along your compliments to Cody. He is a great asset to our team. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the fire drill. We are required to perform them twice a year and there is never really a good time to do it. We do try to notify all of our guests of time it will occur upon check in. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Jason Roberts.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

This is a giant circular hotel with bar, restaurant and coffee shop in the center covered courtyard. You can get either an outside room (facing the parking lot and airport) or an inside room (facing the courtyard). Ours was an inside room which nice as you could see what was happening at the bar/restaurant. We assumed that these rooms were quieter than the outside rooms but that's just a guess. It's a modern building. The shuttle to the airport leaves every 20 minutes on the hour. It takes about 4 minutes or less to get to the first stop (United).

Room Tip: If you park in the hotel lot, do not forget to register your car at the front desk. They do tow.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. I’m glad you had a good stay. Our restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with menus focused on local sustainable ingredients. Our lobby bar, open from 2pm to midnight, also features local craft brews and locally distilled spirits. On your next stay check out our salt water pool and spa as well as our gardens located in the courtyard where we grow fresh ingredients used in our restaurant!
Jason Roberts

Reviewed 2 April 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel. I needed something close to the airport for one night, with intention of picking up an airport rental car the next morning. The Hilton turned out to be a great find. The hotel (apparently at one time the building was part of the original airport terminal complex) is almost within throwing distance of the airport --- the complimentary shuttle ride seemed like a two minute drive. Despite the proximity to the airport, the rooms are very quiet. My room was spotless/very clean, comfortable bed, just great. The layout of the hotel is very much like an Embassy Suites floor plan. The next morning it was a 2 minute ride back to the airport. I liked everything about this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thanks for the great review. I’m glad to hear we took good care of you. We are the closest hotel to the airport and still just a 10 minute drive to downtown Austin. Our building was formerly the command headquarters for the 14th Air Force during Vietnam and the cold war. Those stationed here nicknamed it the “roundagon” or the “donut” due to the shape of the building.
Thanks again and see you soon,
Jason

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We booked this place on on Travelocity with the "secret hotels" link and got a pretty good rate of a little over $100 for a Sat night. We thought it was a pretty hotel. Sheets were spotless and bed was very comfortable. Great view of the lobby. It's a big round building - old army base or something - I think I read somewhere. Easy access to get downtown-maybe takes like 10 minutes at the most. Felt safe with self parking although it would be nice if there were not extra nickel and dime charges such as 12$ self parking. My only complaint would be for the cleaning staff to a second look. We'd found a hair on the side of the bathtub - but it could have been one of the maid's hair peices b/c it really did look like it was clean. I think just a good inspection of the room after it was cleaned would have taken care of that. Oh, and also the curtains where they crease were a little dirty...should be replaced. Other than that, we really enjoyed it and would stay here again for the value, the beautiful lobby area, nice clean smell, good service, and easy access to downtown area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the compliments. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and that our staff took good care of you. I have asked housekeeping to pay special attention to the areas you mentioned above. We look forward to your next stay,
Jason

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed here because my flight left early in the morning and I wanted to be as close as possible to the airport. The Hilton is on airport property and it takes just a few minutes in the transfer bus to the terminal. The bus runs every 20 minutes and starts at 4am so great for those early flights.

It's an interesting circular building converted when the airport was built on what was an Air force Base. Rooms either look in to a really nice atrium or outside - which could be at the terminal building or towards Austin or the Texas countryside.

I ate a late dinner in the bar where the service was excellent and the room was modern, clean and comfortable.

My only problem with my booking was that I made the mistake of pre-paying to get what I thought was a low rate. Two days later the rate dropped $40 and stayed that way until I checked in but as I'd pre-payed I was not able to get it changed - I would not advise pre-paying! Next time I'm going to try one of the other big-chain hotels nearby as they are not much further form the airport (e.g. Courtyard) and rates generally seem to be lower.

Room Tip: You might want to try requesting an inward-looking (atrium) or outward facing room if you have a preference. I suspect the inward facing rooms may get less airport noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotels amenities.
If you have further questions about the room rate please feel free to call me at the hotel.
Jason Roberts