“Quiet, good value, pleasantly surprised”

Hilton Austin Airport
Ranked #49 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Quiet, good value, pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 20 March 2009

I did not know what to expect since through Priceline my criteria was 4 star anywhere in Austin and it chose this hotel. For $60 it was a great great value and based on that would stay there again, I am not sure for full price I would. For what we used the hotel for as a quick overnight base it was perfect. If distance is a worry for you know that you are only 10 minutes from downtown Austin and it is as quiet as everyone says it is.

Really the only downside to the whole stay was the $11 for parking but this just because you get so spoiled at most hotels paying nothing. The hotel staff was friendly, much more so then most.

The room was large and the bed was awesome.

Because our time was limited we did not explore much of the hotel but it was clean, pretty, and would be a great place for couples or families alike.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2009

We stayed one night in this hotel before flying back to Europe on an extremely early flight. We had tons of luggage and the staff was very helpful. We found everyone to be helpful and kind. We found an excellent rate on the Hilton web site.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 1 February 2009

We stayed at the Hilton Airport Thanksgiving while we were in Austin for the Texas v. A&M Football game. The room was clean and comfortable. The large bar/restaurant area was empty. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings and needless to say, great attentive service. The bartender was our server and waiter and was very personable. We offered to purchase lunch for a young man in the service and the bartender said he would split it with us, which we thought was a very nice gesture. Our daughter attends UT and we will definitely stay at this hotel again. She is a Junior and we never considered this hotel because of its airport location, but never heard an airplane while inside the hotel. Enjoyable Stay!

1 Thank Sandy714
Mt Laurel NJ
Reviewed 22 January 2009

I have stayed here on occasion. It is a self contained hotel with very nice rooms and great service. Dont plan on walking any place fun unless you want to go to the airport. This is a great place to stay for a quick in and out. Overnight parking is 11 so return your rental car the night before and catch the shuttle back and forth.

• Liked — Convenience to the airport.
  • Disliked — Nothing to do.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank diamond4
Austin TX
Reviewed 2 November 2008

This was another business adventure for me, to support a conference. The conference folks put me up here even though I live in the same city due to the conference schedule. Interesting note about this hotel- it used to be part of the old Bergstrom AFB years ago. 6 feet of concrete separate the levels, and yes there are catacombs here but you'll never get below the 2nd level. I hear the lower 4 levels were sealed by the feds. Can you say- Nuclear fallout shelter? Hilton took the property and renovated what I think was the officer's quarters building (and it must have been because I never heard a plane the entire time we were there) They say jeeps used to drive into the middle of the hotel- right where a rotunda bar is located today. But hey enough trivia lets get to the review. First, as I was loading in my gear on a hand truck, a staff member noticed I was starting to struggle with the door and immediately came over to help. Ahh yes, I must be in Austin- but I'm sure Management likes their employees to help people too. Check in was flawless. Got to my room and it's very nice. The bed was a little softer than I would have preferred but I slept well. The TV was a little old and they are going to have to replace that thing in Feb. of 09. Guess they are milking it to the end eh? ha. Anyhow- 99% of the staff here were extremely nice and helpful, except one very weird bartender. She seemed to care less about her customers and more about getting on with whatever there is to do with bar maintenance or talking to people she personally knows- i.e. other staffers. Practically had to flag her down to get a drink- and even my check. Other than that, the hotel was great, the food was great, catering did a great job- the Banquet Manager superb- guy named Luciano. So were the AV techs Eddie and Juan. Our conference turned out very well and the Hilton really did their part in letting us know how much they appreciate our business.

• Liked — The staff except one.
  • Disliked — The barmaid.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Randarmax
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2008

The Hilton is a great hotel for a business traveler in Austin. It is located on the airport, but I never hear planes when I stay (I have stayed there on three seperate visits in the last nine months).

The rooms are LARGE with great work space. The lighting could be better. All rooms have a view of outside or the interior atrium area.

The food from room service and downstairs is great. The bar is open to the lobby area and very laid back. The staff is great. They are very responsive and friendly.

The location is about 10 minutes from downtown and South Congress Street--without traffic. I had a meeting at the Capitol and it was about 30 minutes at 8:30 am.

I will not stay anywhere else when in town for business. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Liked — Location, Staff, Room Size, Quality of Food
  • Disliked — Would not recommend for romantic vacation
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Irving, TX
Reviewed 6 September 2008

Last minute trip to Austin for the weekend, so we booked a hotel online. As we pulled up to the hotel, 4 charter buses were pulling away from the hotel - filled with college football players and fans!

Oh boy - I was thinking we weren't going to get a good night's sleep.
We spent the day in the city and came back to the hotel at 11 pm expecting alot of noise.

On the contrary, the hotel was shutting down the atrium bar, to ensure the team didn't disturb the guests.

Our room was nice, clean, and looked like everything was pretty new.I didn't hear any noise, and slept like a rock - the bed were very comfortable.

One note - the hotel charges you for parking - even if you park your own car. $15 /day for valet or 12 for self-parking. We weren't expecting that additional cost.

Also, breakfast buffet ran $16 person - we opted for Denny's down the street.

• Liked — beds were very comfortabl
  • Disliked — fee for parking
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family