Austin Marriott South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$261
  • Breakfast included
US$307
US$275
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$129
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$279
US$252
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
W Austin(Austin)
US$379
US$344
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskon site restaurantnice hotelindoor poolfree shuttlethe hotel offersoff the highwayrestaurant staffrooms are cleanbusiness travelhotel experienceshuttle servicebreakfast buffetthe entire staffking roombusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed at the Marriott Austin south this weekend, and I was a bit disappointed. There is not much difference between this hotel and a courtyard branded hotel. Compared to the beautiful property they used to have downtown prior to selling it to Sheraton, this is just sub-par. It's not that it's not acceptable, it's just that it does not live up to the value of the Marriott brand.

Service from the front office folks was outstanding, which is what you expect from Marriott. However, the restaurant and the service there was sub-par. We had breakfast there, and although the fresh chef cooked food was very good, the other food seemed to have been there for a while, without quality checks. My daughter got pancakes and we had to toss them out. The service from the waitress was nothing short of pathetic. We had to wait for everything, including coffee, for almost 10 minutes. I ended up with a stomach ache afterwards, and I'm not one to suffer those. I would give the restaurant 0 stars.

Marriott is my favorite brand. It used to be very clear what you could expect by going to a Renaissance, a JW, a Marriott brand, a Courtyard, or Fairfield. I recently stayed at the Renaissance in NY and always search for Marriott first. This property is definitely mis-branded and I do hope that we will not start seeing this bleeding across brands because I will start sending my business to Starwood.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
SarahMAustin, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are dedicated to the Marriott brand.

We take pride in our hotel and customer service and feedback such as this can only help us improve. I will take note of your review and bring it to the appropriate manager's attention.

We hope to welcome you back to Austin on your next visit and will do our best to exceed your expectations at the Austin Marriott South.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

We spent 5 nights at this hotel with a great location close to the freeway. Easy check in and check out. Being Marriott Gold members we also had access to the concierge lounge where they serve a good breakfast & hors d'oevres in the early evening. When we asked about breakfast on Saturday, since the Concierge Lounge is closed on weekends, we were given certificates for a free breakfast in the restaurant. Nice touch, Marriott! We had dinner at the Limestone Restaurant with good service and good food. The room was the usual well decorated, well maintained, great bed that is found at all Marriotts. Another great reason to stay at Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
SarahMAustin, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that our staff was able to service your needs in the best way possible. They will thoroughly enjoy hearing such a great review.

We pride ourselves on our consistent reputation of cleanliness and comfort and are happy to hear that we met all your expectations of the Marriott brand.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott on your next visit Austin.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed one night for a business trip. The hotel was very nice and clean and check-in/check-out was easy and quick. All amenities one would expect were available. The room was very nice and beds and such were extremely comfortable. I was not happy that they wanted to charge for internet access, but found it easy to connect to the lobby wifi for free. I still don't understand why hotels of this stature feel compelled to nickel and dime on necessary business amenities such as wifi especially when companies don't reimburse for this as a separate item. Just include it in the room cost, it's much simpler for the business traveler.

I have only two compaints. First, the water pressure in the bathroom sink was extremely weak whereas the bathtub water pressure was good. I don't understand the difference. Second, there was no airport shuttle to the hotel and the cab ride costs $25+ excluding tips. So plan accordingly.

Overall, it was a comfortable stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
SarahMAustin, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you for sending in your comments regarding your recent visit to the Austin Marriott South. I was so pleased to read that you found our facility comfortable and clean. We take a great deal of pride in our hotel and it is always such a great feeling when we can positively impact a guest such as yourself.

I also took note of your other feedback you provided and will certainly bring this to the appropriate managers attention. Feedback such as this can only help us improve and I very much appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott on your next visit to Austin. Thank you again for taking the time to send in your comments.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed one night after flying all day from Europe - was mainly looking for a good night of sleep after a long day. I was a bit concerned because there were several parties on-going when I arrived after 9PM and the foyer & lobby was full of loud celebrating customers. But once in the room on the Executive level, there was total silence – that & the wonderful bed allowed for a great night of sleep. The breakfast buffet the next morning was great – omelets to order & a great variety of breakfast items. I was a bit disappointed the Executive Lounge was closed for the weekend – it’s strange that the Executive Lounges in Europe remain open while those in the U.S. close down for 2 ½ days. Seems Marriott needs to look into this and develop a consistent policy – if you are going to close on the weekend, then offer some form of compensation on the weekend for their elite members – such as free breakfast or drinks in the bar at night.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank oldranger81
bhaas, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Thank you for writing in regarding your recent stay with us in Austin. Very glad to hear you were able to rest well after a long day of travel. I also appreciate you voicing your concern about the availability of the Executive Lounge on weekends. While this is a standard for Marriott's in the US, I can understand the inconsistency when comparing to international Marriott's. We will definitely take this into consideration and do our best to exceed your expectations on your next trip to the Austin Marriott.
Brad Haas

Reviewed 30 December 2011

We initially made reservations at the Courtyard next door. They were undergoing renovations and had limited dining options so we switched to the Marriott. Glad we did. Anthony J was very welcoming and helpful on a Christmas Day check in. Rooms were very nice and clean. The morning room service breakfast was more than adequate. Only downside was the extra fee for internet service in your room (free wireless in the lobby).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Austin Marriott. It sounds like you were able to enjoy your time in Austin once you arrived at the Marriott. We pride ourselves on customer service and your comments about Anthony are a perfect example of just that. I will be sure to share your feedback with him and recognize him for a job well done.
Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back to the Marriott on your next visit to Austin.
Brad Haas