“Great hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here while moving our daughter in at St Edwards. We were looking for a hotel that was reasonably priced and far away from Bat Fest. We got a great rate and the rooms were very nice. They were nicely decorated and the WIFI is free! Everyone was very nice and we enjoyed out stay. My only complaint would be that the beds were a little hard for me (not for my husband though). We ate dinner and breakfast at the restaurant Limestone and the food was good. We would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ashley M, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Austin Marriott South! We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be inviting. The hotel definitely has easy access to St. Edwards University, and we invite you to stay with us next time you visit Austin!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our stay was great! Kylie and the other front desk staff on Saturday night were so friendly and personable. They made sure we were comfortable and felt at home. I appreciated the friendly way they greeted my children and our family. The pool was fun and quiet as well as very clean. The room was spotless and very quiet. We will stay here whenever we come to visit our college student!
Convenient and comfy.... Much nicer than anywhere else we have stayed in the area!

Room Tip: Ask for the quieter side of the hotel away from the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ashley M, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for staying at the Austin Marriott South! We appreciate you taking a moment to write us a pleasant review on our kind staff. We look forward accommodating you all next time you are in Austin!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My day started out awful. I had to call the hotel to cancel my reservations because of travel problems. The Front desk agent Brittany was very helpful and helped me to cancel the reservation with no penalty at all, in fact she advised me to call back in case I wanted to have the reservation reinstated. I thought that was very nice of her and the hotel to make that offer. I hung up.

10 minutes later I called back the Hotel and once again spoke with Brittany and advised her that my travel plans were back on and I asked if I could reinstate the original reservation which I had made about 2 months earlier at a very good rate. Of course I expected her to say yes but at a more expensive rate, I was very mistaken. Marriott honored the original reservation at the lower rate and I was extremely satisfied to say the least.

When I arrived I was greeted by who else, Brittany. We talked about the whole ordeal and she was so pleasant and understanding. My experience at this property was superb. The room was spacious and well appointed and the staff were very friendly and courteous. Every staff member went out of there way to greet you and offer their service to you. I felt so comfortable being there.

When in the Austin area again, I will definitely stay at The Marriott Austin South. Thank You Brittany.

Room Tip: My room was facing the rear of the Hotel and I had no complaint.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ashley M, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for taking time to write such pleasant feedback about our attentive staff. We are very glad that your travels brought you to the Austin Marriott South and we hope to see you again soon!
Twinsburg, Ohio
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I had a great check in experience. The staff was very friendly and I needed a few copies made for a presentation, without the time to find a Kinkos and not wanting to spend a fortune in the business center. The desk manager offered to make the copies for me. The room was very clean and nice. The internet was fast. I seldom eat in the hotel restaurants, so was very pleased with the food. Each time I entered the hotel or left the hotel the staff greeting me and seemed very attentive.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Austin Marriott South. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We welcome you back to our hotel next time your travels bring you to Austin!
Ouarzazate, Morocco
Reviewed 22 July 2013

What a fabulous experience! I went to Austin with 13 other people on business. I must say, the staff were amongst the best and nicest I have ever encountered! The management did an outstanding job. The front desk manager, Brent Richardson, bent over backwards for us arranging dinner reservations for a fluid number of guests each evening at some of the nicest restaurants in Austin. I think he may have been a cat herder in a previous life! I can't say enough about the lovely treatment we received from everyone at this hotel, from the GM all the way down to bussers in the restaurant and lounge. Plus, shuttle service to and from downtown with more wonderful people as drivers. Thank you for making our week-long business trip truly a pleasure!
Oh - and the beds were SOOOOO comfortable as well. Quiet rooms, nice beds, good restaurant and fabulous people. If you get a chance, GO!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway. Higher floors have better ambient light, if you are working fr...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Ashley M, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write such a wonderful review about the Austin Marriott South. We are thrilled to hear from you that our team strived to work together to deliver you and your guests outstanding service! We cannot wait for you stay with us again in the future. We are at your service!
Crosby, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The staff is the greatest aspect of the place, always available and very helpful, friendly, and quick. The restaurant and bar near the lobby are open till midnight, great food but of course a little expensive. The lobby area it self is very pretty with nice decorations, the hotel also has a small gym and indoor heated pool that's 24/7. free parking garage underneath and a lot of parking around outside. The room itself was basic but nice, I spent a week there very comfortably. I would stay there again if I visit south Austin again.

Room Tip: gym/pool on second floor.
1 Thank Nicholas C
Hi Nicholas! We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such positive appraisal for our astounding staff here at Austin Marriott South. We are definitely looking forward to hosting you during your next visit to Austin!
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I had a fantastic stay last month and the service was quick and very satisfying. The management team and staff were pleasant and they made every process smooth and efficient. From now on this will be My hotel of choice for My trips to Austin, TX.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank mcn08
Ashley M, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for recently staying with us and we glad to hear that your stay went very smooth. We are excited to host you on all of your upcoming stays in the future at the Austin Marriott South!