This is really closer to 2 stars, then to 3, if not for friendly and cheerful hotel staff. Lounge access is a plus to have breakfast there. Location is uninspiring, to put it mildly. Why they bundled all these Marriott properties there, I have no clue. Rooms are definitely clean and good sized, but dated and as standard as it gets.... My room was facing highway, and it was a bit noisy at times. Considering all of the above, what really irritates me are those petty charges. Being Gold Elite Member, I had access to lounge, and that is good, plus free Internet. Otherwise, you pay for everything: water in the room, and Internet are not complimentary. Moreover, wine, beer and hard liquor are not free even in the lounge! I didn't expect that, and chose water only in the lounge. You would think that the basic room rate is at least very reasonable, but it is not. I prefer Starwood (W, Westin) and Accor brands (Sofitel, Novotel) over Marriott, as they represent fresher more interesting choices and better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Austin Marriott South is just a short drive from the State Capitol, Austin’s exciting live music scene on 6th Street, or any downtown attraction. Guest rooms feature a refrigerator, high-speed Internet Access, flat screen TVs, and luxury bedding. The property offers complimentary parking and features an on-site restaurant, the Limestone Lounge & Kitchen, as well as an indoor pool and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Austin Marriott South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Austin Marriott South Hotel Austin
- Marriott Austin
- Austin Marriott South Texas