“Excellent Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairview,Tx
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We found the service to be exceptional! The staff offered to get our luggage into our room! The bed was very comfortable. We were on the back side and heard no interstate noise. The only negative was poor lighting in the bathroom. Free parking is a great plus.
The breakfast brunch was excellent!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Connecticut
Reviewed 30 May 2014

As a platimum member with almost 1 million points accumulated over the past 30 years, i was disappointed with the Austin Marriott. Normally, i am offered an upgrade...didn't happen. The conceriege room was closed for the weekend. Only one of three elevators were working causing ten minute waits. The staff seemed disinterested in helping with any problems. The next evening stayed at the Marriott Plaza in San Antonio and had an outstanding stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andy Z, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for your candid feedback of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay. Unfortunately, there are nights when all our suites have been sold and we cannot offer upgrades to our frequent Platinum Elite travelers. Our concierge lounge is open every Sunday night through Friday morning. We do offer complimentary breakfast certificates to our Platinum guests when the concierge lounge is closed.
I hope you will give us another try when you are in Austin again. If you would like to discuss your stay any further, please feel free to contact me!

All the best!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here with my daughter for a weekend volleyball tournament that was held at the convention center downtown. I was afraid this location would not be convenient, but it was actually great. Congress and First street with all the restaurants, bars and food trucks are just minutes away. The parking is free, so no valet to mess with. Room was nicely appointed and clean. One minus was that the TV did not work well. Maybe a wireless receiver and poor reception? Wasn't too important though. Good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Houston
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We picked this hotel due to the location. I am actually typing this review from my room because I don't want to forget. The lobby area is beautiful and sets you up for a wow room. Don't hold your breath as the rooms are average at best. We had a king room and it felt cramped for 4 people. They ran out of Queens. I called ahead and asked for a room away from the freeway as the hotel is situated right next to I-35. The staff is friendly but I didn't get the sense that they were gong ho to go the extra mile. Oh the bathrooms are tiny!! If someone is sitting on the toilet and you open the door you will knock them off the toilet. Would I stay here again? Honestly I don't know. After staying at other properties such as JW, Autograph collection, renaissance, , ritz Carlton, residence inn, newer Spring Hill Suites properties etc, the rooms at this ppty really disappointed us. It is a good compromise if you are looking for value though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on opposite side of freeway
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Amanda L, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We understand your concern for noise, as we are conveniently accessible to the highway. We are currently improving the problem by updating our windows to new double paned glass to reduce the highway noise. This will be completed within the next two weeks.
We do apologize we were not able to accommodate your request for the double room. The hotel is always happy to provide guests with a complimentary roll away bed.
We do hope to regain your confidence to come back and stay with us in the future.
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 May 2014

For a "full service hotel" I found this property quite average. The rooms were nice but nothing special. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean but not sparkling, and room was renovated in the last 5 years.
Hotel public spaces were also quite normal. Nothing grand. Disappointing that bar closed at midnight with few food/drink options within a 15 minute drive. The elevators broke down every day I was there and I was stuck for a few minutes in one. It is pathetic that this property charges for wi-fi when the four other Marriott hotels in the complex provide it for free.

Room Tip: ask for one that is not on the side of the highway.
Green Features: they will not change sheets or towels unless you follow their instructions.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andy Z, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Austin Marriott South.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced when our elevators failed last weekend. When a major mechanical malfunctions we do our best to get the systems running as quickly as possible. I apologize again for not meeting your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
TEXAS
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had a last minute meeting in Austin Tx so I called the usual places we stay and they were all booked. I found the Marriott South had a room available so booked for 2 nights. Arrived and found it easily at 35 and 71. Parked and went inside and was immediately greeted at the door and directed to the checkin counter. Met with smile and attentiveness, check is was super quick and easy, it was around 4pm, and very pleasant. Had a King room on the 5th floor in the concierge area. Room was nice and comfy. Next time I stay I will ask for room on the back side as this room was next to I35 and i could hear the traffic outside 24/7. I am a lite sleeper who lives in a rural setting. Others may not even notice. The hotel was very eye appealing, comfortable, well equipped, and the staff were all extremely nice. the concierge room had appetizers and honor bar and the personnel working the room were conversational and made me feel very welcome and at home. Jacki and Sherry were on duty and great folks. The work out area was nice and i used the treadmill each day. Nice looking restaurant with great menu, though I never used it. I think this is a little gem in the south side of Austin, and I will probably start making it my go to place instead of the Omni South or others I usually frequent. Great job folks!

Room Tip: Back side of the property away from I35.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank cthtexas
We are happy to hear that you had an excellent stay at the Austin Marriott South! We are in the process of installing another set of windows to better insulate us from the highway noise. We hope to you see you again next time you are in Austin. Thank you for mentioning Jackie and Sherry and taking the time to give us some valuable feedback!
Boston
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Visited Austin for a wedding, and our group was setup at the Marriot South Austin. The front desk was extremely helpful. They comp'd us a water one night from the small market next to the front desk. They did everything to help us with a smile. They generally want you to enjoy your stay at the Marriot and Austin in general. Highly recommend this hotel. I didn't rank it five stars because its not really a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: clean, great spot, great service.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Ashley M, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
We are so happy to hear that you had an excellent stay at the Austin Marriott South! We are always eager to please and make sure all of our guests enjoy their stay. We hope to you see you again next time you are in Austin. Thank you for taking the time to give us some valuable feedback.