I stayed here for two nights in late May 2004 while attending a convention. This would really be the only reason you would want to stay here. The location leaves a lot to be desired. It's not really at the airport (as the name suggests), and quite a ways from downtown. Located just off the highway so it can be a bit noisy. Overall, the staff was friendly, and the hotel and rooms were fine. Just another Marriott hotel ploped down on some land as far as I'm concerned. The lobby was very nice, but once again nothing special. But what can you expect from a Marriott? I probably wouldn't stay here again due to the location. There are hotels with more character in better locations in Austin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Austin Marriott South sits just a short drive from the State Capitol, Austin’s exciting live-music scene on 6th Street, and Downtown Austin attractions. Our hotel in South Austin is perfect for business and leisure travelers who want to be close to it all. We offer guest rooms that feature a refrigerator, high-speed Internet Access, flat screen TVs, and luxury bedding. Austin Marriott South offers complimentary parking and features an on-site restaurant, the Limestone Lounge & Kitchen. Guests enjoy the convenience of being able to work out in our fitness room or take a dip in our indoor pool. We welcome you to stay with us at our comfortable and stylish hotel in South Austin, and to have everything you need for a wonderful stay in Texas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Austin Marriott South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Austin Marriott South Hotel Austin
- Marriott Austin
- Austin Marriott South Texas