Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boise, Idaho
“Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The staff at this hotel have made our long stay extremely pleasant. They have embraced us and made us feel like family. I feel there is not a thing they wouldn't do for us. They are professional and warm all at the same time. Robert is a hands on manager and a very good one at that.
The construction was a little hairy. Now that it is done it was well worth the hassle.
Terry D. is also a perfect fit for this establishment, along with Anu, Faye, and Rocio.
But of course I would be remiss if I did not mention the cooks and housekeeping staff,
we love all of them as they were family. Thanks again guys.

The Ramsey Clan,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. Feedback is always appreciated and getting affirmation from our guests is amazing to hear. The renovation did present some challenges to all involved and the finished product was definitely worth the wait. We appreciate your patience during that time.

You have been a part of our hotel family and we appreciate all the kindness you have shown our staff.

Residence Inn Austin North

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Greensboro,NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This Residence Inn is fairly typical of what you would expect from the chain. The lobby is going through renovations and they serve breakfast in a downstairs room. Fay at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Great asset to the hotel.

The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Decent hotel that serves its purpose.

Had lunch at Gloria's by the Domain - excellent, upscale Tex-Mex food.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. We appreciate you choosing the Residence Inn Austin North for your visit and for your comments regarding the service you received. I will make sure that Fay is recognized for your comments, as we always strive to provide exceptional service and it is great to hear your affirmation. We hope to have your stay with us on your next visit to Austin and see the finished product of our renovation.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 8 days over Christmas. Upon check in we learned that the lobby was undergoing renovations, we were not aware when we made the reservation. Not a big deal, but would have been nice to know since the fitness center was out of commission as a result. I specifically requested a ground floor room as one of my children has a fear of elevators. (I try to be an understanding parent) We reserved a ground floor room but when we arrived, other guests were in it. Ooookay, not too cool, but we had a 2nd floor room and she ran the stairs. :) Again, not a huge thing - but when you promise a guest something, you should deliver.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen. It was exactly the space we needed and allowed us to cook some meals ourselves as opposed to eating out every day. The rooms, while spacious, have some issues. Our dishwasher had a problem, our garbage disposal had a problem, one of the toilets plugged constantly to the point where I asked the staff to just leave us a plunger to manage it ourselves - they were happy to do so. The bathtub faucet leaked water constantly. The furniture is also ready for replacement- the sofa had a large mark on it where it appeared someone had come in wet from the pool and sat on it, staining it, and the kitchen chairs, while having been recovered, had several rips in the chair pads.
However, despite these issues, I'll say that the staff were cheerful, professional and very responsive to our requests. I don't want to be 'that guest' who constantly complains about everything, so I tried to approach everything kindly. They were fantastic. They apologized repeatedly, fixed problems that I noted immediately, and even left us a few gift baskets in our room for the inconvenience. I don't expect or need a palace when traveling; just a comfortable place to sleep. Free breakfast and dinner with drinks is a nice perk, too. I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay. Feedback is always embraced and appreciated as it is the only way to know what the guest truly experience. Traveling during the holidays can be stressful enough and I am truly sorry that you experienced many issues during your stay. I am happy that our team handled them quickly and to your satisfaction. We are looking forward to having you return on any future visits to Austin.

Gonzales, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed there for 5 weeks during the week. The rooms were large, they didn't feel like I was in a regular hotel because I slept in either a studio or a suite. Either way, they were much more comfortable for a longer stay. The staff is incredible, very friendly and helpful. Every time I had a question or concern the tended to it promptly. They serve breakfast and dinner in the evenings... I was always excellent and homemade!
Location was great and easy to get around for North Austin.

Green Features: I am not sure what I am supposed to put here. They have a list of things this hotel does for environmental friendly practices.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on your recent stay. We always appreciate to hear feedback on your experience. Our goal is to provide a comfortable room to come home relax after a long day, as well as, provide exceptional guest service to all of our guests. We appreciate your comments regarding our suites, staff and your dining experiences. By your comments, I am happy that we met and even exceeded your expectations.

We appreciate you choosing the Residence Inn Austin North and look forward to having you back on future trips to Austin.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed here over a long weekend. The double rooms in the suite were perfect for our stay. Kitchen was clean and convenient. Very handy to even have breakfast on the weekend! The morning breakfast attendant was very helpful. Only complaints were cigarette butts by all the doors and grungy walls. The keyboard in the breakfast room was also covered in old food and drinks. Wouldn't have used it, but the Wi-Fi is spotty at best and we couldn't get a regular connection.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are happy that you found your room a perfect fit for your needs and the amenities that were included. I will pass along your kind words to our breakfast attendant. She has been with the hotel for many years and strives to provide exceptional guest service. I appreciate your feedback on the cigarettes and walls, as well as, the keyboard in the breakfast area. We will address with the team and get those items corrected immediately. Going forward, those will be included in our daily walks to ensure it does not occur in the future.

We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you return on future visits to Austin.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night before the Austin 70.3 Ironman. We had to leave at 5 am to get to the start line on time. My husband went down to the lobby right before 5 am and asked the front desk employee to make coffee. Even though breakfast wasn't until 7 am, a pot of coffee was made for my husband.

We didn't spend much time in the room but it was clean and the full-size fridge was helpful and allowed us to store all our sports drinks before the race. Staff was friendly. When we left early in the morning, we saw a police officer patrolling the parking lot. The area seemed safe, but it's nice to know that police patrol the area. If we need a hotel in Austin, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your visit to Austin. It brings great pleasure to read such comments regarding our service and our guests satisfaction for going above and beyond. It sounds like you were able to get the much needed rest and our rooms met your needs to get prepared for the Ironman event. We hope that you did very well. Also, security is very important to us and our Austin Police Department serves our community well. We look forward to having you return on your next visit.

Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have stayed all over Austin - from sirens to birds covering my car and I finally found a nice place to stay. Food is right across the street - not far from airport/downtown. Very pleased with stay and I know I will be staying there again. Staff was super friendly - welcoming you as well as wishing you a great day. I know I will be back

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with the Residence Inn Austin North. With you travel experience to Austin, we are very appreciative of your comments regarding our location and staff. Our goal is to provide you with a comfortable room to relax in while visiting and exceptional service. We are happy that we met those needs for you and look forward to having you return on future visits.