“Marriott Quality”

Ranked #42 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Denver
“Marriott Quality”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our King suite was exactly what I wanted from my Marriott profile...except the price. I had a reservation for a Sunday night stay, but I happened to be passing through a week before my reservation, so I stopped at this property. I checked in and was told there was no difference in the usual rate and the AAA rate for that stay. I was not amused to see that this "off the road drop in stay" was priced $50 over my reservation for the following week. I did contact the property and there was no attempt to make it right. The contact person "assumed that I had been informed of the rate and agreed to it". She is wrong. I didn't ask and I was not quoted a rate. Lesson learned. I am still a loyal Marriott customer, but I will ALWAYS book through Marriot.com and NEVER off the road. To be fair, I did receive 500 Marriott points, but that harldy covers an extra $50+ out of my trip budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to minimize the I35 road noise. It can be invasive.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Katrina G, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am happy to look into the pricing issue you experienced if you would like to contact me directly at kgagnon@whitelodging.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Only stayed 1 night, but did not like the bed at all! The bed is old and lumpy...It's time for an update of the rooms and bed...won't stay there again. However, the staff was very nice and attentive..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Katrina G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that our staff was accomodating and helpful. We apologize that you were uncomfortable in your bed. We are getting new beds in the next few months and will be remodeling in the next year. We hope that you will come and stay with us again!
Tulsa, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2014

By luck of the draw my family of 3 ended up in an accessible room. We found ourselves cramped for space. The beds were doubles, but felt even smaller than that. One was shoved up against a wall on one side, so you had to crawl over someone to get in or out. The couch in the room didn't add to the ambiance, only to the claustrophobia. Hopefully this was peculiar to this particular accessible room (#603).

Significant road noise throughout the night, even though we were top floor and furthest away from the highway. We ran the air conditioning fan all night to drown it out after the first night. Also, no coffee in the lobby after breakfast hours.

On the plus side, breakfast was great in terms of quality and selection. Staff was attentive and professional. Indoor pool was sparkling clear and wife was satisfied with he gym. Ample parking in a parking lot shared by a slew of Marriott properties.

Green Features: Didn't even notice, so they're either doing a really good job or not doing anything at all. Styrofoam plates and bowls at breakfast. Regular fixtures in the bathrooms. Might have been CFLs in the lamps but I didn't pay attention.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Katrina G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
We were sorry to learn your family was not comfortable in room 603. As you mentioned yes that is an ADA room and a non typical layout. Thank you for your candid comments as it helps us to evaluate our service and products in order to improve our guests experience.
Dublin, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here one night. Check-in was fast and they honored my early check in request. Beds were comfortable. There was quite a bit of road noise from I-35, but otherwise it was a very nice stay. The rooms were very clean and everyone was friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Katrina G, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for commenting on your stay!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This appears to be a newer property and it was very nice. My husband and I were only here for one night in February. The room was clean and comfortable, and I liked having the loveseat and the little kitchen area with a sink, microwave, and fridge. Breakfast was good with some nice healthy options like spinach. The pool was wonderful, small, but it was heated and felt great. We didn't have time to use the gym but could see it from the pool and it looked busy but adequate. The elevators were extremely slow. The location is off the highway, but it is close to all of the great south Austin attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Austin!
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 February 2014

10 minute drive to downtown (15 with traffic in the AM) , hotel was clean and comfy , room was very spacious, and very clean.
Breakfast was very good as well, no complaints here.
I did use the gym, which was good but small (2 treadmills only) pool seemed nice, but I did not use it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience as our guest!
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have stayed here many times but never again..

My trip ended by waiting 17 minutes for someone to answer the phone so I could get a wake up call. I ended up having to get dressed and going to the front desk and requesting the wake up call. the gal at the front desk gave me an excuse that she was in the back but in the 30 seconds it took me to get down stairs after hanging up she was at the front desk talking to the security guard...it was a bogus excuse...

A stain on the bathtub bottom ...stains on the mirror ...this place is dirty

i will NOT stay here again ....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Katrina G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
We are sorry to learn you didn't enjoy your stay with us and appreciate any and all fedback that allows us to improve our guests experience.