“Good Value & Experience for 6 Day Double-Double Suite”

SpringHill Suites Austin South
Ranked #36 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Excellent Value & Experience for a 6 Day Stay. Including room, Staff, Parking, & Free Breakfast & Downtown Evening (6pm to midnight) Shuttle. Little things like great beds, "just right" bedding (not "too hot", down blankets, with no cooling options), & pillows, A.C, etc. Did not use indoor pool, spa, or workout room, so review not included

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Katrina G, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks Gail!
We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

During my brief stay I found Sarah W., front office manager, to be both professional and personable, going out of her way (my perception) to serve. ("you're welcome", Sarah). Rose, Justin, and Josh were engaging and thorough.Rose even remembered making my reservation over the phone. Katrina G. was friendly in conversation; businesslike with guests-a real blessing to others.

The breakfast was nutritious, offering a variety of choices. Oatmeal and fruit are very good.

Housekeeping does a wonderful job cleaning.

Overall, the place is nice. More importantly, the people made the difference.

Room Tip: To face north-away from I-35 noise, choose an odd-numbered room ( i.e. 611) that overlooks the main...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments and recognition of the staff. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Austin!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I recently stayed at a Fairfield inn by Marriott in new Braunfels Texas so I thought the Springhill inn and suites would be as nice. Wrong. The staff were great and the free breakfast was really good. The room was an awkward shape. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom sink and mirror is not in the bath and toilet area so if one of you is using the hair dryer you can't close the door to limit noise. The carpet was threadbare. When I picked up the tv remote there was food crusted on it, gross! When I opened the curtains, the view was of a giant red roof with bird poop below. Weird! Fortunately I only had to stay one night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay. We always hate to fall short of our guests expectations but appreciate your candor regarding your experience.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our King suite was exactly what I wanted from my Marriott profile...except the price. I had a reservation for a Sunday night stay, but I happened to be passing through a week before my reservation, so I stopped at this property. I checked in and was told there was no difference in the usual rate and the AAA rate for that stay. I was not amused to see that this "off the road drop in stay" was priced $50 over my reservation for the following week. I did contact the property and there was no attempt to make it right. The contact person "assumed that I had been informed of the rate and agreed to it". She is wrong. I didn't ask and I was not quoted a rate. Lesson learned. I am still a loyal Marriott customer, but I will ALWAYS book through Marriot.com and NEVER off the road. To be fair, I did receive 500 Marriott points, but that harldy covers an extra $50+ out of my trip budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to minimize the I35 road noise. It can be invasive.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Katrina G, Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am happy to look into the pricing issue you experienced if you would like to contact me directly at kgagnon@whitelodging.com.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Only stayed 1 night, but did not like the bed at all! The bed is old and lumpy...It's time for an update of the rooms and bed...won't stay there again. However, the staff was very nice and attentive..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Katrina G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that our staff was accomodating and helpful. We apologize that you were uncomfortable in your bed. We are getting new beds in the next few months and will be remodeling in the next year. We hope that you will come and stay with us again!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

By luck of the draw my family of 3 ended up in an accessible room. We found ourselves cramped for space. The beds were doubles, but felt even smaller than that. One was shoved up against a wall on one side, so you had to crawl over someone to get in or out. The couch in the room didn't add to the ambiance, only to the claustrophobia. Hopefully this was peculiar to this particular accessible room (#603).

Significant road noise throughout the night, even though we were top floor and furthest away from the highway. We ran the air conditioning fan all night to drown it out after the first night. Also, no coffee in the lobby after breakfast hours.

On the plus side, breakfast was great in terms of quality and selection. Staff was attentive and professional. Indoor pool was sparkling clear and wife was satisfied with he gym. Ample parking in a parking lot shared by a slew of Marriott properties.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Katrina G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

We were sorry to learn your family was not comfortable in room 603. As you mentioned yes that is an ADA room and a non typical layout. Thank you for your candid comments as it helps us to evaluate our service and products in order to improve our guests experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here one night. Check-in was fast and they honored my early check in request. Beds were comfortable. There was quite a bit of road noise from I-35, but otherwise it was a very nice stay. The rooms were very clean and everyone was friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for commenting on your stay!