I stayed here for four nights while visiting Austin. I'm familiar with the area, so I selected this location for a specific reason. I would not recommend this location to everyone, it really depends upon
where you plan to be in the city.
The room was fine, small kitchen set up with microwave and refrigerator. The fridge was quiet, which was great because sometimes
they can be very loud. The high speed Internet worked very well. I had to get a wired room (they have two) as my wireless card stopped working and the staff was very helpful in granting this request. As other reviewers have said, the bed is on the firm side but I slept fine overall.
Road noise from I-35 is a definite factor. I wore earplugs. Traffic noise doesn't usually bother me but I could hear it just enough to feel like the earplugs were necessary.
The breakfast looked okay, but I didn't eat there with all of the fabulous breakfast tacos available in Austin. The service seemed very
attentive especially considering it was free.
I did have one problem. One night I was awakened at 3AM by a hot tub party. I called the front desk - I am laid back but 3AM is pushing it
- and they took care of the problem pronto. I don't think they had
any idea it was going on because of where the spa is located. I really appreciated they took care of it and there were no more parties during my stay, so they must have been more aware of the possibility.
I would probably stay here again. Knowing that the staff take action when there is a problem means a lot while travelling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites Austin South has been renovated! Located just off IH-35 and 8 miles from AUS Airport, our south Austin hotel features renovated suites with microwaves, mini-fridges and 25% more space than traditional Austin Airport hotel rooms. Just six miles from downtown Austin, we offer a free evening shuttle to 6th Street, the convention center and UT Austin. Guests love our free amenities including hot breakfast, WiFi, parking and indoor pool and 24-hour gym. Choose the newly-renovate SpringHill Suites Austin South and you'll see why we're a top choice among Austin Airport hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Austin South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Austin South Hotel Austin
- SpringHill Suites Austin South Texas