“Enchanted rock climbing”

Rock-About Climbing Adventures
Ranked #3 of 107 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rock-About Has been providing Austin tours since 2001 and our AMGA certified guides have a perfect safety record. Your having a great time is our mission and we have a ton of reviews that reflect our ability. Join us right in the middle of Austin for a great climbing adventure. We've been a Certificate of Excellence winner 3 times and can't thank our clients and TripAdvisor enough for this honor. Please note: You must pre-register through our website. The location listed is one of the places we work and not an office.
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I would definately recommend this to anybody interested in a little adventure. The guide was very informative and helped everybody of all skill levels feel safe and confident in their abilities. We will go back and do it again soon.

Thanks,
Roman, Joe and Daniela

1  Thank Joe M
Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Joe,

Thanks for reviewing us. I'm glad you, Roman, and Daniela enjoyed coming out and climbing with us. We definitely want all our climbers to feel safe and build their confidence levels. I appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll come climbing with us again soon!

Best,

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Adam was a great teacher! we had never climbed before but by the end of our session we had all learned a lot. Great family experience!!

2  Thank Rakowski

Rakowski,

Thanks for reviewing me. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed climbing! I love introducing people to the sport. I appreciate your feedback and recommendation. I hope to climb with you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife, two teenage sons and I spent the day climbing with Rock About last Saturday and we had a blast! I am sure we were both the oldest (I’m 54) and youngest (13 & 15) in the climbing group that day. It was our first time and, to be honest, both boys were a little uninspired about it but that changed fast once we met Birddog. He handled that Teenage attitude with ease and had their attention on safety from the get go. I felt comfortable they were not just in good hands, but the best hands.

Even though it was the beginner course, it was challenging enough to keep those teenage bullet proof mentalities very inspired. The course was ready to go when we got there so no time was wasted waiting for set up. We went right into safety and techniques (Emphases was on safety AND having fun). And in no time Adam and Birddog had us climbing and belaying each other like Pros.

Thanks Guys for a great experience and the education about Enchanted Rock! Both boys want to do it again and of course so do we!

1  Thank Klabbe57
Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Klabbe57,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm glad you and your family had a great time learning to climb! Safety is obviously paramount, but having fun is a close second. Climbing a course that is both challenging but doable is the key to keeping teens engaged. I'll make sure Birddog gets your compliments, he'll be thrilled to hear them. I appreciate your recommendation and look forward to climbing with you again.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Guides - Adam and Bird-dog and very informative, supportive and guided our group through all the steps to make our rock-climbing experience one of the best we had. They have a great emphasis on safety and make this adventure safe and enjoyable.
Loved every minute of it and would definitely come back for more climbing.
Samee

1  Thank Samee K
Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Samee,

Thanks for reviewing us. I'm glad you and your group enjoyed climbing with us! Safety is always paramount, but having a great time comes in at a close second. I'll make sure Bird Dog gets your compliments, he'll be thrilled to hear them. I appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll climb with us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Booked because of Trip Advisor reviews and now know why Rock-About is 5 stars and people rave about Adam. My wife and I were in Austin for our 22nd anniversary. She thought I booked it and I thought she booked it. Well, since neither of us had, I contacted Adam late on April 7th and he still worked us in on Easter even though he hadn't planned on working. He is such a professional, knows his craft perfectly and is so friendly and down to earth it was fun just to meet him. This was our first experience. It was challenging and hard work but very rewarding and a lot of fun. I am 64 and my wife 55 but he worked with us so patiently and we learned a lot and felt like we accomplished a lot. Cannot say enough good things about the experience and also about Adam. Give it a try.

1  Thank jcboogers
Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

jcboogers,

Thanks for reviewing us. Taking you and your wife out climbing was my pleasure. I'm glad the two of you had a great time! It's hard to beat the feeling of accomplishment that comes when you finally get to the top after a difficult climb. I appreciate all your compliments and your recommendation. I'd love to take you climbing again if you're ever in the area.