“Incredible experience”

Rock-About Climbing Adventures
Ranked #4 of 107 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rock-About Has been providing Austin tours since 2001 and our AMGA certified guides have a perfect safety record. Your having a great time is our mission and we have a ton of reviews that reflect our ability. Join us right in the middle of Austin for a great climbing adventure. We've been a Certificate of Excellence winner 3 times and can't thank our clients and TripAdvisor enough for this honor. Please note: You must pre-register through our website. The location listed is one of the places we work and not an office.
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

After having mountain climbed in Switzerland, I was doubtful I would find another place to enjoy rock climbing as much-until last weekend. My bf and I hired a private guide-Jacob- who was spectacular. The entire team was beyond helpful in setting us up, working with our schedule, and giving us the safest and most incredible climbing experience to date.
My bf has only indoor climbed so despite our varying levels, Jacob was great in providing tips/ guidance for each of our needs. The hike to/from the climbs was not to be overlooked-so peaceful and enjoyable. Thank you for such and amazing birthday celebration--a 30th we will never forget!!

Rock-About-Climbing, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2015

Thanks for spending your birthday with us and for writing a review of our team. Jacob is awesome though works a little now for us as he is a sought after climbing photographer now. Either way I'm glad your time with us could even compare to the Alps. Come spend many birthdays with us. We'd be happy to see you again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Had an excellent and informative experience at Reimer's Ranch. Will definitely be returning for more lessons.

Thanks for your review and your saying how much fun you had with us. I do hope you return to climb with us again. Bring some friends. Climbing is about being with a community.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I climbed 35 foot rock faces while the other spouse manned the security rope. It was quite surprising that this was real climbing on our first day. Our guide taught is all we needed to know and watched us carefully. We felt totally safe and edified by our accomplishment. The setting was great, and our guide was well prepared with everything we needed. This was our favorite thing of the whole week.

Climbing is definitely a great builder of good relationships and gives us a good trust in our partner. Thanks for coming with us and I'm also grateful that we were the highlight of your trip to Austin. Hope to see you again if you return to town.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

My girlfriend and I received a Groupon for Rock About's climbing 101 class and decided to make the trip up to Dripping Springs to check it out. Adam was an incredibly knowledgeable, patient, and thorough instructor. Macy (his dog) was a big bonus for the entire experience, as she was well-behaved and adorable. We will definitely be going back for the 201 class as soon as we find the time. Highly recommend Rock About (and especially Adam) to anyone looking for a good outdoor activity in the Austin area.

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with us. Climbing is a great time. It is our hope to teach you great safety and to give you an good experience all around. It helps to have a very special guide dog in Macy. Hope you can make one of our other courses and learn more about climbing.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is my second time going with Rock-about and I couldn't recommend it highly enough! Besides their leaders being incredibly knowledgeable, what makes the whole experience so great is how relaxed and fun they are. They have the best leaders, simply put. And Adam is the best. So, yea, do yourself a favor and spend a day climbing in the Texas hill country.

Wow, thanks for going climbing with us a couple of times. And for your kind words about me and my staff. We try to do our best for you all and I'm super happy that it shows. Hopefully you'll be able to make it again in the future.