“Not Bad”

Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport
Ranked #120 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights while on a business trip.

Good Things I Noticed:
1. My room was blissfully quiet, even being on the first floor. :)
2. The pillows on the bed are different firmnesses and the pillow cases are labeled. I usually spend an hour folding and stacking pillows at hotels to get them like they are at home. Not here!
3. There were some adorable birds living in the light fixture above the carport.

Not So Good Things
1. The breakfast buffet is not so welcoming for vegans...unless you really like bananas....and processed juice. The non vegans in my group seemed to enjoy it though.
2. The lights in the bedroom side of the room were too bright for my taste. If it were up to me, I would drop at least 20 watts from all of the bulbs.

Overall, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Darcy137,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. We are happy to know that you liked our pillows and that our pillows made you feel like home. I will take some of your great feedback to our corporate managers, to help us serve our guest needs. Our Goal is to have a great hotel that guest Love. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin Airport. We are looking forward to see you, on your next trip to Austin TX.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

It looks decent from the outside, but don't let that fool you. The manager and staff are rude, the room smells bad, and the bathroom felt nasty. There are better hotels in the area. This is the worst Holiday Inn I've stayed at in 10 years of business travel.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dustin B
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear Dustin B.,

We are sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay, we value all and any feedback from our guest. With this valuable feedback that you have given we can make sure our staff is well trained in customer service and cleanliness. We hope you give us the opportunity to provide you the service that Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin Airport is known for.

Sincerly,
Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I am a loyal member of the Holiday inn Express. I stay at one whenever I travel. They are always clean, friendly & have great breakfasts. As a Priority Club member, I am usually upgraded & treated to a goodie bag. The rooms are comfortable. I have never had a problem at any of these establishments

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear linedancer6,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. It is always a pleasure to make our Priority club member top priority in our Hotel. Our Goal is to have a great hotel that guest Love. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin Airport. We are looking forward to see you, on your next trip to Austin TX

Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Entrance signage could be better, we had to go a mile or so out of our way to U-turn to get to the hotel. If you are coming from Austin, driving east on Riverside Dr, you can cross Route 71 and then turn right on Metro Center Drive to enter from behind the hotel. Our room was a king suite with kitchenette and sofa bed. The bed felt and sounded like it had a waterproof mattress pad - but otherwise comfortable. We had wifi trouble the first day with our apple products, but it was solved the second day. All staff very friendly and accommodating. Lovely lobby, free newspapers, cocktail party. Starbucks across E Riverside Blvd. Denny's next door.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Oakleafgal,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate you sharing an easier way to get to our Hotel. We are in the process of changing all the bedding in the rooms and the mattress pads will one of them.We will have our tech support to fix any issues Wifi connection so we do not experience that problem again. It is always our top priority to provide a great service to all of our guest. We hope to see you soon, When you come to Austin TX.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I tried this hotel after staying next door at the La Quinta next door. It was much quieter, had a better breakfast, and also had a happy hour with some wine and snacks, while costing less than the La Quinta. There aren't many restaurants in this area, so unless you have a car, you won't get a chance to try some of Austin's great eateries, but if you just need some place to stay near the airport, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear PCO1025,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are about 2.3 miles west of the airport and unfortunately due to that fact that we are so close to the airport, there are not too many restaurant options around this area, but there are some good restaurants with in a walking distance. It is always our top priority to provide a great service to all of our guest. We hope to see you soon, When you come to Austin TX.

Fabiola Moyado.

Reviewed 17 January 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel to stay at. The employees were very nice and helpful, an very engaging. The highway is being rebuilt, makes it a little difficult to get in and out, and a little extra noise into the swing shift. The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express, but...... The have happy hour at night with snacks, wine, beer, and it is all free. Any place that rolls a keg out for its customer has to be good! Note: keg didn't work the first night, the owner of hotel drove to store and bought beer......WOW

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank WhiteGuyinMexico
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Dear WhiteGuyinMexico,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. We are happy to hear that you liked the happy hour, it is our main concern to make sure that we deliver an exceptional service to all of our guests, and if something is not right we will make it right for our guest. Unfortunately the road construction is not something that we can fix for our guest, but we know that it is necessary to have a better traffic flow on this side of town. We hope to see you soon, When you come to Austin TX.

Fabiola Moyado.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel between November 20 and 23; Booked through Ernst & Young corporate perks. We had called earlier to tell them that we need a crib. When I reached there, the front staff was nice, but when they presented me with charges, those were $15 higher per night than the price I had booked for. When I showed them my booking printout, the girl agreed to change it stating that "there have been problems with online booking today". But, the manager came from behind, and started arguing. You would not believe the arguments she gave me. Then, she came down $10. Finally, she gave in. I was aghast. If you do not want to honor the online booking price, please do not allow for it. Then, she pointed towards the crib in the hallway, and said "that is your crib". I had to pull it up to my room myself. No other hotel has ever done something like this (maybe this is the norm in Holiday Inn). The room was good, the breakfast was good. In fact, other than the manager, the front staff was very sweet, too. So, if you remove the manager from the equation, it is not a bad hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gurneet K
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear lifemantra99,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share a few details from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. I would like to use this opportunity to apologize for the service that you received during your stay. This is not acceptable behavior from Holiday Inn Express Austin. I will investigate into this matter, to make sure this does not happen again. If you will like to contact me, please feel free call me. Hopefully you can give us an opportunity to provide you the service that Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport is known for.