“Hotel stay diversion”

Ranked #129 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Tyler, Texas
“Hotel stay diversion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I was supposed to stay at the Radisson downtown Austin but the conference hotel was full. I was sent to this hotel as the "sister" hotel. First issue with the hotel is that all of the maps I pulled up showed it on the N side of I-35; it is actually on S I-35. From the outside, it was not like any Country Inn I have stayed at. It seemed to be in a unkept part of town; lots of beggars. I was rather worried; however, after coming in and visiting with the front-desk clerk (who was very helpful), I felt better. The inside of the hotel is much nicer than the outside. The room was clean; the bed and tv were extra big; plenty of linens in the bathroom... pillows on the bed. The floor in the bathroom might have been a little cleaner but overall, decent room. I probably would not stay here again, and will give it an okay only because of the dirty location. The room also has a fridge, micro, coffee pot, and small kitchen w/sink. Free wifi and local food delivery is free. I traveled for business but would not bring my children here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

The beds were really comfortable and the room clean. The pool was very clean as well as the spa and the polo area was tidy. The surrounding area is right along the highway, and a bit dodgy. The staff was friendly and helpful. WIFI was good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We were disappointed by our stay at this hotel not up to Country Inns & Suites standards.

Room Tip: Not County Inns & Suites Standards
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
cx_astn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin-University, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
I would like to apologize for the concerns you had during your stay. I would like to address yoru comment, "Not up to Country Inn & Suites Standards." Over the course of the past year, we have made numerous upgrades to our property and were able to do so thanks to guest reviews like yours. We have made the following upgrades to our hotel over the past year:

Brand new <b>42" LG LCD flat panel TVs in ALL guest rooms.<b/>
Brand new <b>LifeFitness commercial grade exercise equipment<b/> in our work out facility.
Brand new <b>Serta Elite 2000 plush Mattresses<b/> in ALL guest rooms.
Re-Plaster our exterior pool and hot tub surfaces.

We work hard to try and make all guest experiences enjoyable. Thanks again for your review of our hotel. We truly hope to see you again in your travels!!!

Cory Armer

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Carlson's Country Inn and Suites has wonderful rooms and a great night clerk. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was hot and plenty of it. Parking area has lot of spaces but if a few large vehicles are there, it is very tight to maneuver around. They should have a place for larger vehicles.

The problem for business is their internet. They offer it free from Time Warner but it is so slow it's almost useless. To do any real work, I had to go to a coffee house.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dhf0820
Thanks for your great review of our hotel. I am happy that we were able to create an environment that allowed you to enjoy your stay. I would like to address your internet concerns. Thanks to reviews from guests like you, we have been able to address particular problems such as the internet. Since your review, I can say that we have had our internet provider, Time Warner, here numerous times to make sure our systems is sufficient for the business travelers as well as those here for leisure.

Again, Thank you for your review.. We hope to see you again in your travels!!

Cory Armer
Johannesburg, ZA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Personnel friendly and proffessional. Rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast served our needs, enjoyable and sufficient. WiFi worked well. Location was convenient for our needs.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gertrud E
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Showed up at 1am without a reservation got a great room and when I asked for an additional day I got a discount on the weekend rate. Great breakfast. Close to north Travis and Williamson counties' sites.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Krwman
Winnipeg, Mb, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012 via mobile

We need a place for the three of us. We wanted easy access to the city and it had to be reputable. The staff was amazing from the first phone call until the checkout. The Manager obviously set the tone here because he was so friendly and Proffessional.

Super clean and room are awesome. The area behind is a bit ruff but was not an issue.

Stayed March 2012