Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Austin-University, TX
Ranked #138 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Nice free breakfast in a comfortable breakfast room with plenty of seating. Slept great in comfortable bed/pillows. I have a 6 month old daughter and liked staying on the 1st floor. It was easy to bring all her stuff in and a luggage cart was always available up front =)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Austin this past weekend and had the most excellent service. The manager, Cory was very helpful in making sure that my stay there was comfortable and ensured a perfect visit. He was very knowledgeable on what the hotel had to offer it's clientele(e.g. hot tub, pool, exercise room). The interior of the hotel was very beautiful and inviting and I would certainly recommend it to anyone staying in the Austin area. -Jessica B.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The location is on the north side of town with easy access to the highways. It's pretty easy to get to the UT campus or downtown from the hotel.

The service was great. Very friendly staff that went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

The hotel itself is worn. The rooms smell musty and there are stains on the carpet and curtains. We had 2 rooms and both had the same problem. Large bathrooms and a strange shower head that rotates when water comes out. The mini fridge was very poor quality. The TV was actually pretty nice. The elevators are extremely slow even though there are only 3 floors.

Breakfast is standard fare for Country Inn. No surprises and a good value with hot meats and biscuits.

We got what we were expecting out of our stay. It's a nice hotel for families, but that's where it ends. I wouldn't stay here if I was traveling solo.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I was supposed to stay at the Radisson downtown Austin but the conference hotel was full. I was sent to this hotel as the "sister" hotel. First issue with the hotel is that all of the maps I pulled up showed it on the N side of I-35; it is actually on S I-35. From the outside, it was not like any Country Inn I have stayed at. It seemed to be in a unkept part of town; lots of beggars. I was rather worried; however, after coming in and visiting with the front-desk clerk (who was very helpful), I felt better. The inside of the hotel is much nicer than the outside. The room was clean; the bed and tv were extra big; plenty of linens in the bathroom... pillows on the bed. The floor in the bathroom might have been a little cleaner but overall, decent room. I probably would not stay here again, and will give it an okay only because of the dirty location. The room also has a fridge, micro, coffee pot, and small kitchen w/sink. Free wifi and local food delivery is free. I traveled for business but would not bring my children here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2012

The beds were really comfortable and the room clean. The pool was very clean as well as the spa and the polo area was tidy. The surrounding area is right along the highway, and a bit dodgy. The staff was friendly and helpful. WIFI was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We were disappointed by our stay at this hotel not up to Country Inns & Suites standards.

Room Tip: Not County Inns & Suites Standards
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
cx_astn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Austin-University, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

I would like to apologize for the concerns you had during your stay. I would like to address yoru comment, "Not up to Country Inn & Suites Standards." Over the course of the past year, we have made numerous upgrades to our property and were able to do so thanks to guest reviews like yours. We have made the following upgrades to our hotel over the past year:

Brand new <b>42" LG LCD flat panel TVs in ALL guest rooms.<b/>
Brand new <b>LifeFitness commercial grade exercise equipment<b/> in our work out facility.
Brand new <b>Serta Elite 2000 plush Mattresses<b/> in ALL guest rooms.
Re-Plaster our exterior pool and hot tub surfaces.

We work hard to try and make all guest experiences enjoyable. Thanks again for your review of our hotel. We truly hope to see you again in your travels!!!

Cory Armer

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Carlson's Country Inn and Suites has wonderful rooms and a great night clerk. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was hot and plenty of it. Parking area has lot of spaces but if a few large vehicles are there, it is very tight to maneuver around. They should have a place for larger vehicles.

The problem for business is their internet. They offer it free from Time Warner but it is so slow it's almost useless. To do any real work, I had to go to a coffee house.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank dhf0820

Thanks for your great review of our hotel. I am happy that we were able to create an environment that allowed you to enjoy your stay. I would like to address your internet concerns. Thanks to reviews from guests like you, we have been able to address particular problems such as the internet. Since your review, I can say that we have had our internet provider, Time Warner, here numerous times to make sure our systems is sufficient for the business travelers as well as those here for leisure.

Again, Thank you for your review.. We hope to see you again in your travels!!

Cory Armer