“One thing after another”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin-University
Ranked #127 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Crockett, Texas
“One thing after another”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

From the time we checked in it was bad. They had change our original room for maintenance problems then we get to our room to turn on the air .... We wait for about 2 hours thinking it will cool down, it never does so we call down to the desk... She was very helpful and friendly.... We had to move rooms because the air was not working there... We get to the new room and there was trash on the floor... We didn't complain again because this was the last suite they had... On top of that the bath mat they had there had mold looking stuff on the side... The hotel is outdated overpriced and in a bad neighborhood. The bed was comfortable but after everything else it didn't make up for the hassle Will not stay again nor do I suggest you stay

Stayed May 2014
cx_astn, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin-University, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
I am so sorry there were so many issues with your stay. I know that it must have been very frustrating and I sincerely apologize and would love another chance to make a good impression! Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manassas, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This Hotel was good for what we needed. It was clean, and had good service, and the price was good for what you get.

It was close to where we needed to be. I will note that the surrounding residential area is Urban. Some people MAY feel uncomfortable because of this.

This is not your DREAM hotel. If it is only serving as a room for the night, it far exceeds expectations.

Room Tip: We were by the elevator, and you could hear very minor noise. Very Minor. But if you want to be in c...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The good: Clean linens, hot shower, nice team at the front desk.

The bad: A cockroach skittered across the lobby on my last day there. The walls are thin. The carpet in my room was moldy and smelly. The fan did not work in my bathroom. The lock on my window was half-broken.

• Stayed March 2014
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I found staff great,rooms tidy and included breakfast was great value. I flew in from Brisbane Australia for Formula One GP next weekend and found it great place to get over jetlag from 24 hour flying. You have good range of options of getting food delivered.

Room Tip: Higher floors and rooms not facing the I-35 as the noise can be bad if you want windows open
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank David B
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The staff is very friendly and courteous; they were willing to assist in any way they could. All of my questions and/or requests were handled in a professional and timely manner. The Check-in process was easy and hassle free. The rooms were always clean, neat, and tidy. The staff always went out of their way to make you feel at home. Breakfast was plentiful and there were many different choices. Room rates were very reasonable and the rooms are fairly large. I would recommend staying at this hotel because the staff is so welcoming and gracious.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
cx_astn, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin-University, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you so much! We love kind remarks like these. I will alert the staff to your feedback and give them the recognition they deserve. Hope to see you soon!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

The room was comfortable enough for the night I spent there before my flight the next morning. The window didn't seal well and because it was in a very cold winter in Austin, my room was not warm. My bathroom was not super clean and had rust spots in the shower. The bed was good enough for a few hours of sleep. It wasn't in the nicest area of Austin and there were not a lot of good non chain food options around it. Overall I wouldn't seek it out, but it will do in a pinch.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Strawberry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We stay at Country Inn & Suites many times when on business trips. This was a particularly nice location. Nice rooms, friendly staff, good basic breakfast and a quiet neighborhood. We would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AZ2006
cx_astn, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin-University, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback. We love having you as our guest!