“ew!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #171 of 197 Hotels in Austin
seattle
“ew!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2007

we were there for texas relays, for a place to sleep, only. but i wouldnt ever rent there again. i was afriad to take a shower, or touch any thing in the bathroom. our toliet wouldnt flush the first day we were there, the floor was cracked and so was the bathroom counter. if you have to stay here for some reason id recommend purchasing a pair of flip flops. you wouldnt want to walk on the damp cold, mulit color floor. i didnt know what was on or in it...EW!! never again!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank amw010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2006

My friends and I stayed at this motel, last minute as the friend we were going to stay with had last minute plans with his parents, who had to come to visit him w/o notice. We were on a budget so we just took the first place we saw. We got to our room and the stench as soon as we walked in was so strong, I had to immediately step back out. We decided to just let it be so we started gathering our things to put in the room. I took off my sandals and to my disgust, the carpet was drenched! I immediately told my friends to get their things together and that we weren't staying there after all. I went to the front desk and the man (who was somewhat shady as he kept making comments to my friend and me about how we might be able to get discounts--but then he'd say "JUST KIDDING!!") offered to move us to another room. I agreed and the second room was not so bad, it didn't stink and the carpets were dry, but needless to say, I put down the clean towels on the bed and thank goodness I had my own pillow. We should have kept driving down the road because for just a couple more dollars we could have stayed at the very nice La Quinta. Oh well, lesson learned!

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — keep driving, the better place is just 1/2 mile away
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jonandjuliansmom

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

san antonio, tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2006

i have stayed here numerous time when i used to go to austin for the downtown entertainment district - it is about 2 miles from downtown and very reasonable - it is a basic, clean motel - no frills, but adequate if you're only looking for a place to sleep

i am from san antonio, texas

• Liked — reasonable price - conveneint to downtown
  • Disliked — nothing in particular
  • Stayed December 2003, travelled solo