“Urban chic cafe ”

Elizabeth Street Cafe
Ranked #70 of 3,689 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
houston
“Urban chic cafe ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Their food is quite tasty but pricy. The quality is there and everything taste home made. I would return.

• Polish first
Austin, Texas
“Delicious food but snotty waitress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

This was my first time having a Bun Bowl and I loved it. I cannot wait to have another one. I thought the food was amazing, the atmosphere was cute, but our waitress was really snotty. I would go back again and hope for a different server.

Austin, Texas
“Pricey Little Bistro South of Lady Bird Lake ~ But Fresh Menu Items”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had the chance to have a Tuesday afternoon 1:00pm lunch here with 2 Washington, DC friends. Both are vegetarians and had found this sweet little First Street spot via a 'google' search. We were seated in the corner at a teal-green table booth. I'm not normally a "booth-person" but the general restaurant décor, the pretty teal color and style was appealing to me. We 3 decided to share our menu items ! I ordered the Green Mango/Cucumber appetizer salad (without the beef jerky) as an entrée. My friend ordered the crispy Gulf snapper on rice vermicelli with veggies. And her daughter ordered the tofu squares on a salad bed. I was slightly "sidelined" because there were no mango fruit on the mango-cucumber salad, only the greens! Snapper was crispy, and that entrée was quite light, quite good for a wonderful lunch meal. For dessert, we 3 split the meringue-swirled lime-avocado tart (vegan & gluten-free), which was plated with 5 large blackberries 'smothered' in a tangy mango-guava sauce. Delish! The tart wasn't too sweet, but yet sweet enough and not too tart either. We loved the creaminess and green color. Adorable blue ceramic dessert plate, too. Want to go back; would love to go back ~ and, look forward to selecting several other yummy menu items to munch on and feel like I'm definitely eating a healthy meal.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“WOW...!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Parking lot very crowded and we thought we would have to wait for a table. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated immediately. The place was crowded, very busy however we were able to place our order within a few minutes. The food is excellent Vietnamese food, prepared fresh with very tasty ingredients. Served promptly with very helpful wait persons.

The chef actually came from behind the counter and welcomed us a first time visitors. What a delight this restuarant is!

Chennai (Madras), India
“Only if you have time to kill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

This popular Restaurant follows some strange customs. We were a group of 8 people and without our consent they put a total stranger in our table. This person sat with us, ordered food and finished his meal in our company. Weird ! The food is French style Vietnamese, we tried the Bahn Mi, Pho and also the Bun and were immensely pleased. The Chico Bouchon that I tried was a lovely desert. This place is pricey and I must warn you – Service is super slow and be prepared to wait for a long time. The food was average and my vegetarian friend said she was not impressed with what she got !