“Best value in Austin. Period.”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest
Ranked #168 of 201 Hotels in Austin
South Florida, Florida
“Best value in Austin. Period.”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I go to Austin every year for SXSW. I always stay outside of downtown because I book last minute. In 2011, I rented someone's apartment instead of a hotel and that wasn't so great. Cheap but not great. This year, I got lucky and got this extended stay for a super great price. Someone said its the nicest Extended Stay they've ever been in and I agree. I've stayed in a few of them. I've always said that they're good for me when I travel or business on my own but this one was so nice, I would have no problem staying here with my girlfriend. Everything was very clean and new. The only negative thing I can say is that it's tricky to get to. Your gps or map service on your phone might not get you directly there. I am really good with maps and I figured it out but if you're geographically challenged, you might want to call the hotel and ask for specific directions. It's not hidden at all, it's just located directly where two highways meet and if you're heading west to get there, you have to take an exit that seems too early. That's it. Other than that... Great place to stay for a super cheap price and once you know how to get there, downtown is maybe 10-15 minutes away.

• Stayed March 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you feel my hotel is one of the nicest Extended Stay's. I will share this with my staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bowie, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed in order to attend a family wedding and to be with our family members in Austin, Texas. We found check-in and check-out very convenient. The staff was very friendly and very courteous and we found our room very comfortable. We were also able to take our small dog with us which saved on our expenses. We also found the place very convenient to eating places, very convenient to Mopack Loop 1 and Hwy 290, and convenient to Walmart and super-markets. We also found the entire staff to be very helpful, especially James, who helped us check in. We had a large refrigerator in our room, dishes which were needed for meals and also had a microwave and electric coffee pot. We also had free breakfast which was very nice. This would be a great place for extended stays for families or individuals.

Room Tip: 4th floor was very quiet and bathroom and kitchen were very clean and also were able to bring our la...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Due to a Family emergency we needed to be in Austin for an extended period. The staff, Lisa, Cris and Trish treated us like family. It's a great place to stay in the Austin area and we will be back for future stays.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are similar with bedroom and kitchenette.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that we made you feel at home with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed here for over three months recently waiting to move into my new home after relocating to Austin. Attentive, responsive, friendly staff down to the housekeeping staff. Clean, quiet and conveniently located to restaurants, malls, Mopac/Loop One, HWY 290, theaters, Walmart, Target, supermarkets, etc. Facility and grounds are well maintained and always see someone cleaning the facility, even regularly dusting the chairs in the lobby area. The facility allows pets but never saw any debris on the outside nor detect a smell in the hotel. Continental breakfast always replenished. Comfortable beds. Wished they had a small fitness area however. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Though never heard any noise from HWY 290 or Mopac, I would suggest requesting a room on the back si...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that we made you feel welcome at our hotel, please think of us as 'your home away from home'. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I stayed here for a month just before Christmas, and it was a perfect base for doing business. You never had to worry about the Internet crapping out or the breakfast not being out on time. Every time you turned around, someone was cleaning, and the location was surprisingly quiet for being so close to Mopac. All in all, great experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter in terms of room noise, plus sometimes there are deer the...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Nunya_Biz69
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you appreciate how hard my staff works. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed 12 February 2013

The Extended Stay Stuff are very diligent at there duties. I've been at this location for a while and I can tell that the place is well Maintained according to standards. The Service here are understanding and very help to guest. This Location has everything around you The Mall, Walmart, Target, and Good Places to eat at ez axis to the Freeway. Thank You to Service in making it a welcome stay!

Room Tip: If You like deer Get the rooms were the sun settles
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that we made you feel welcome at our hotel; please think of us as 'your home away from home'. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Driftwood, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2013

This is the only time I have ever wanted to add a review for a hotel. We stayed here for 2 and a half months waiting to get into our home and I was really impressed. I don't think I have ever seen anyone at any hotel cleaning/mopping the stairwells, vacuuming out the air conditioner vents, or picking up the area around a hotel and here they do it regularly! The front desk was very helpful printing emails involved in our move and working with us to schedule the cleaning of our room because of our cat. The maintenance man was constantly working and if anything was awry he was right there to fix it. It was nice to have friendly smiling faces around us-definitely a great place to stay with everything you need close by! Gail W.

Room Tip: Back side has a view of woods and is very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Southwest. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location